main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Where's the best place to see ROTS premiere?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by norway, Mar 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. norway

norway Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 29, 2000
    This is surely a stupid question to most of you but bare with me as I live in Europe.

I am visiting the states from May 2-28, flying into LAX. I am planning to travel all over (Las Vegas, Utah, Oregon and then down the coast to depart from LAX again), and thus I wonder where the best place to see ROTS would be.

I will have with me my son who is 8 and my daughter who is 10. I am 35. (I guess this info doesn't really matter!) hehe

Are you gys planning any cool (children friendly) parties in connection with the premiere that I could attend?

Either way I would love to hear your tips for the ultimate (child-frindly) Star Wars premiere expereince!

Thanks! :)

2. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Norway, assuming you are not speaking of any of the charity events, the best place to see ROTS is Grauman's Chinese Theatre in Hollywood. Unfortunately, tickets for the first show will be hard to come by. I also don't know if you want to take your padawans to a midnight show. If you want to catch a non-midnight show, it is still a great place to see a movie and tickets will be easier to get. It will be shown in it's original digital format in a beautiful theatre. The sound system is also quite good as they will be able to turn the volume up. Tickets will be hard to come by though. I will be taking my padawan to a later show as school will be in session and I can't justify taking my padawan out of school to see a movie, even a Star Wars movie. I don't know if we are planning any kid friendly activities.

3. norway

Sep 29, 2000
    Ok cool. Graumans is famous but I have never seen a movie there.

Do they only have one screen?

How is parking? Is it safe in that area? (I wil have a rental car.)

So if it's impossible to get in on the midnight show, how is it the next day (the 19th)? Also impossible?

EDIT: oh yeah, and I will have my kids because it will just be the three of us and I don't know anybody in LA so I will need to have them with me the whole time. But they love Star Wars and would dig being in line with a bunch of fans.

4. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    They have more than one screen but it should be showing on their biggest screen which is slightly detached from the others.

Parking is available at the Hollywood and Highland complex.

It's reasonably safe, though I would not have padawans walking around by themselves. There are a lot of weirdos in Hollywood after all.

I completely understand what you mean about having padawans with you while traveling. They make life fun but they are a source of constant concern. That is why I am leaving my padawan home while I am at Celebration. I am sure they will have fun seeing the sights with you.

5. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    ahhhmmm... ahhhmm... clearing my throat...

Jedi Racer, please sit down for this...

my suggestion, in Westwood May 12th.

6. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    You lucky b@$#@%)!!
    So you're not gonna see the midnight showing with us DB?

7. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Every time this comes up JR gets mad at me for suggesting even going to the benefit and now he's calling D-B lucky? Man!

8. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    I am not sure about the midnight showing, probably not. (so sorry guys) [face_beatup] [face_beatup] [face_beatup] I really want to, but the next two days events are kind of important to me. I don't think I can stay up till 3 AM, and catch a 6 AM flight.

Yea, for the tax write off, and party, and meeting Mace Windu, its worth it. But, the $500 and $1,000 tickets are now sold out. As of March 4th.

Mom and I are going.

EDIT: J-R, if you would have eliminated two couples from your wedding, the money saved could have paid for the ticket. (I presume, give/take) Way I figure, every year my synagogue gets $450.00 from me, so why not South Africa.

9. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    I usually go to Graumans Chinese theater on Hollywood Blvd. I saw both TPM and AOTC for the first time there. You can always find a good seat, seeing as how you line a little bit earlier, as their theater is HUGE as well as the screen.

10. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Last two times JR and I were in line all day and we got seats at the back of the theatre because the LU.N people had a billion seats saved throughout the theatre (don't get mad, any of you LU.N people). Any way, some of the saved seats ended up being redundant or else the people the seats were saved for ended up going with a closer seat. By the time the dust settled, there were a lot of scattered seats but not very many all together.

11. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Yeah.. even if I was rich and had money for the Charity Premier, I would still go to the Midnight showing at the Chinese Theater. It's a lot of fun, and I feel I'm with my peoples. ..I dunno about those LU.n-atics though.. Just kidding.

I sure hope we can get tickets for the midnight showing!!

12. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Me too! We're going to have to set up shifts for that.

13. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    I would love to go to the midnight showing with you guys but I am not too clear on how this all works if you aren't part of LU.N or whatever.

14. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    For those who want to go to the midnight show, best way in is to just spend the hours in line w/liningup.net. You have six weeks to do it, it's NOT difficult to get your hours in, and then you can buy your ticket with them, and get in ahead of the general public.

15. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    I don't know why.. but for some reason, I just can't get myself to join LU.n. I've met them, and they're not bad people.. but for some reason... I have to resist! I just buy my tickets independently.

I think it had to do with the people who were lining up for TPM. That foreign guy who was heading up that effort.. he was a jerk.

16. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    I don't know a foreign guy in there...except one guy who's nice (from Wales). Oh, and another nice one from Canada.

17. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Join us JR. It is your destiny. Actually it's ok, they are nice people. I've gone to a few events and have enjoyed myself greatly. I was hesitant at first, but now I'm glad I joined.

18. JediVixen

JediVixen Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2001
    Norway

I am also a member of a group called LiningUp.Net or LU.N
    Come visit us at our site www.liningup.net

We will be lining up for Ep III starting in early April. In order to be a part of our group you have to log in a certain number of hours. Because you are coming from overseas --- so check out our rules page on our site for the hours you will need.

We are always ready to look our for our fellow fans. And if you heard about how the 99 line up went -- please do know that there are new organizers and not the same leader as in 1999.

Please do come over to our side (errr...site) and check us out!

Thanks!
    -E-

19. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I'm with JR. We've been lucky so far. Hopefully we will continue to be.

20. norway

Sep 29, 2000
    Thanks for all the terrific info guys!

I feel very welcome here and am looking forward to meeting you all! :)

I will probably go with LU.n as some have suggested since I can start doing my time online before I fly over! Yay!

Then I might have a chance of getting in on the Midnight premiere where we all know Rick McCullum is making an appearance (as well as others possibly?)!

I guess LU.n questions should be asked over there but I was wondering if I will be able to buy tickets for me AND my two kids or if that measn I have to do three times the amount of hours..

21. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Since your kids are with you in line, you can buy tickets for the three of you easily, since they will have the same number of hours as you.

22. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    How do you do time online? Don't you physically have to be present to have your time count?

23. norway

Sep 29, 2000
    After reading the FAC and the rules and about everything else I could find over at LU.n I am positive you have to be physically present in line for your time to count.

I would love to do that if it were just myself but I don't know how my 2 kids would handle being in line for over 48 hours.

Maybe they would handle it well, maybe not.

Where did you get the idea that doing hours online would work? If there is any truth to that I would jump at it. If not I'm afraid I will unlikely be able to attend. :(

Out of curiousity, how many seats does the main theater there have anyway=

24. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    According to one website, it's 2,200 seats. The midnight show sells out quick and typically the tickets go on sale about two to three weeks before the show. Later shows are frequently available so if you don't mind not seeing the midnight (first) show then you could probably pick up tickets for a later one.

25. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Uh, yeah, I forgot to say that, DH. You can't get hours in line "online"...unless you're in line and online at the same time, of course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.