main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Where's the best place to see ROTS premiere?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by norway, Mar 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediVixen

JediVixen Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2001
    Norway:

Sorry, no - you can not do your hours 'online'. What I meant to say was sign up for a screen name on the board and post messages.
    Sorry for the confusion.

-emily-

2. Viceroy Craig

Viceroy Craig Jedi Master star 2

Sep 21, 1999
    HA! HA! HA! HA!

JR, Lincoln and Countingdown haven't had anything to do with us for over 5 years now.

Emily's right. The only way to acrue hours is to be physicaly present and logged in anytime after the start of the lineup.

Norway, my kids have had fun each time we go. My oldest son was 4 in 1999, 7 in 2002, and he'll be 10 this year. He's grown up in line with us!

Oh, and the tons of seats thing is turning out to be a bigger urban legend than I thought! ::LOL:: The most seats anyone saved from LUN was one row in the middle. The rest were 2-4 seats here and there throughout the entire theatre. Trust me, there's PLENTY of seating inside.

PS - The Chinese has approximately 1200 seats. LiningUp only accounts for 200 or so of those. Those people coming from overseas to join us, but won't be here for ticket day, can definately make arraingements to have their tickets bought, and held for them until they get here.

Please keep in mind, LiningUp.Net is also doing this as a charity fundraiser (we have to, to gain "legitimacy" in the eyes of the city of Hollywood, and be allowed to stay there for 6 weeks. Many of us see this as a necessary evil.), and we ask that a minimum $50 donation be contributed to Starlight-Starbright Children's Foundation. You can front all the money from your own pocket, or get donations from various friends, family, co-workers, etc.

3. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    So can you just pay $50 to be at the back of the line?

4. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I take back what I wanted to say.
    I can't wait to see this movie. I hope I will be able to see at the Chinese Theater at midnight. That's all.

5. Viceroy Craig

Sep 21, 1999
    So can you just pay $50 to be at the back of the line?

The back of our LU.N line, yes. You'll still be in front of the hundreds if not thousands of people.

LU.N FAQ is here:
    http://www.liningup.net/faq/

LU.N EpIII Line Rules are here:
    http://liningup.net/getinline/rules.php

Between those two links, it should answer most any of your questions, but if you still have em, by all means ask! :)

Regardless of where or when anyone sees ROTS, it's gonna rule us all, and in the end, that's all any SW fan could ask for!!

6. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Did anyone go to see AOTC at midnight in any other theaters out here? I really liked going to see AOTC in the wee hours of the morning back in Minnesota-- it wasn't as big a deal back home as it is here (no one dressed up or anything) but it was still fun. And I didn't even have to wait for tickets, I just bought them a few weeks early one day after school. I originally thought I'd be able to do it at Grauman's, but I am not so sure anymore with the time & money issues. They can't be the only ones showing it at midnight though, can they?

7. Viceroy Craig

Sep 21, 1999
    Nawwww...there's midnight showings all over the place, not just at the Chinese. The Chinese just happens to be the "Mecca" of Star Wars premiers and first night showings.

8. norway

norway Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 29, 2000
    Thanks for all your help and answers, Viceroy Craig!

I really want to join you guys in line. I guess I'm just a bit leary of being there with my two kids for 48 hours directly before watching the movie. I mean, I imagine there isn't a whole lot of sleep and I would hate to go through all that and then have them fall asleep during the movie! :(

They have both experienced a bit of "the line" here in Oslo for AOTC - and they loved it! They made some great friends and speak of it still today. So I'm not worried about them enjoying themself. More I'm worried about the silly stuff like having all our luggage in a rental car and not having any bedding, etc for them to sleep.

Anybody have any ideas on how we can do this? Will our car be safe? Is it SUPER expensive to park the rental car for 2-3 days? Is it even possible to get any sleep in the final 48 hours before the movie?

9. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Well, there are a couple of hotels in the area. I don't know what they cost. I imagine the Renaissance is super expensive but I think the Roosevelt is probably much more reasonable. So, yes, it is possible to get some sleep before the movie. As for parking, I imagine if you stay at one of the hotels they probably offer parking somewhere.

Yes, there are other places that have midnight shows. It's not bad.

Hey Viceroy, can I wait until the day before the midnight show to pay so I can see if I beat the non-LU.n people to the line?

10. Viceroy Craig

Sep 21, 1999
    Hey Viceroy, can I wait until the day before the midnight show to pay so I can see if I beat the non-LU.n people to the line?

Sure you can wait as long as you want to get tickets. But I wouldn't wait until the day before the show to line up behind us. Not if you want to be the first one behind us. It's my experience that people begin lining up behind us anywhere from 48-72 hours before the show.

11. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Hey Viceroy,

How do members of LU.net maintain things like their jobs, spouses and income? Don't the wifes, husbands, bosses get pissed at people?

12. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I have to say that Mr. DH is pretty good about letting me go to such things but I can't really justify hanging around all day. It isn't fair to Mr. DH or my padawan and I can't bring my padawan because of the homework load.

I'm hoping between JR, Mark, and maybe myself we can get tickets to the midnight show, we've been pretty lucky so far. If I pay $50 to stand at the end of the LU.N's line, that would be okay with me. Of course maybe one of my friends from LU.N can guarantee me a ticket.

13. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Since DB isn't going DH, you can be my special date.

14. Viceroy Craig

Sep 21, 1999
    Hey Viceroy,

How do members of LU.net maintain things like their jobs, spouses and income? Don't the wifes, husbands, bosses get pissed at people?

Ahhhhhh yes, one of the most misunderstood things about all three of the lineups.

You don't have to be in line 24/7. You sign in when you arrive (for me, that's AFTER work on weekdays), and sign out when you leave. All hours are logged on a PC and a running tally is kept. On May 18th we'll see who has the most hours logged, and that person is #1 in line, and so on down the line.

You only need to acrue a total of 72 hours by 8:00am on May 18th. The 72 hours, spread over the course of 6 weeks, is EXTREMELY easy to do.

If, for some reason, you cannot be at the line on ticket day, there's nothing to say you can't make arraingements with someone to get them for you. Like me, I usualy don't take off work to get the tickets, but I have a friend who's there get them for me.

15. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Skyryder, you are the BEST! [:D]

16. norway

Sep 29, 2000
    How many people were there in line 48-hours before the premiere of AOTC?

If people show up say 48-hours before the premiere, are they S.O.L. unless they have prior arrangements with LU.n?

I am leaning heavily towards joining LU.n but I may be bringing my brother and mom who both live in Eugene (Oregon).

I'm just cureous to know when the line REALLY got long for AOTC - or was it just for buying tickets that there were loads of people in line?

How long prior to the premiere did tickets go on sale?

And finally, who from the cast and crew can we expect to show up at the premiere?

17. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    For AOTC, tickets went on sale while some of us were at C2 so I don't know know how long the line was for that. I remember the line was really long for TPM. I imagine the line will still be long for ROTS. The line for the midnight show was really long also.

You would have to make arrangements for the ticket sale date as I don't expect you will be in the country at that time.

18. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    I'm probably going to see it in Westwood..... maybe Midnight showing if I'm lucky.... ;)

19. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I doubt you will have any problems getting in to see the midnight show in Westwood. The theatres in Westwood are great also. I saw the Special Editions there and used to see most of my movies in that area.

20. norway

Sep 29, 2000
    Thanks for all the help and responses so far.

Is nobody able to answer this question:

" And finally, who from the cast and crew can we expect to show up at the premiere? "

Should I post it elsewhere?

21. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Sorry, I forgot that part of the post. The answer, probably no one. Celebrities usually go to the charity premiere which I believe is a week before and a heckuva lot of money. However, we did see Elijah Wood and Sean Astin in line for AOTC. They were about 10 people behind us. They were pretty cool and took pictures with the LU.N people.

22. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    I heard one of the years a few celebs showed to the midnight showing at the Chinese, but not Star Wars celebs.

One of the years, Sean Astin & Elijah Wood were in the line for the midnight showing.

23. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Jiltedtoo, read my post! I mentioned that they were in line about 10 people behind us.

24. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Sorry, I opened the screen to type that message probably and hour before actually sending it.

Also, I am not wearing any pants. [face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.