main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where's the Lusankya been through the NJO?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Alex_Striker, Mar 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alion_Sangre

Alion_Sangre Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Hmm . . . NJO should have spoofed LOTR for this . . . instead of "Rebel Dream" maybe "Return of the Queen" :D [face_love]

Then again, it is a dream come true to see the "Lady Lucy" back in action - a nightmare for the Vong, though. And if Lusankya's still around, what about the Guardian? Doublemint Destruction! [face_devil] [face_laugh]

2. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    That'd be almost too much to ask for. :)

3. Alion_Sangre

Dec 9, 2001
    We asked for the "Lady Lucy" and got her back in the game! Let's keep trying! :D

4. peregrine

peregrine Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    Yes! We want the Guardian, too!! :D

5. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Ahem.

Darth Charlemagne lifts his lightsaber.

*ignites lightsaber of truth*

The Super Star Destroyer Lusunkya was not scrapped by the New Republic Military however despite the belief of the general public. The pristine weapon system was kept in dock and prepared for a reknewed offensive against the Empire should it ever come to pass and became necessary when a number of ships rejoined the Empire.

The ship that was in fact decommishioned and scrapped as the public records will show was Admiral Drommel's SSD the Gaurdian which a crack team of New Republic special operatives managed to suceed in capturing. The ship had suffered extensive damage and while Lon had the access of worlds and shuttles to maintain it, it is is my guess that 6 years of relying on spare parts and salvage resulted in it being unfeasible to get it back to working condition

6. Alion_Sangre

Dec 9, 2001
    The Guardian fought against the Empire after the Black Fleet Crisis, which means that line in Shield of Lies was a load 'o guff (wouldn't be the first time). Sounded like it was in plenty good shape then, 'cuz Pellaeon and his boys got whipped so bad that they did the unthinkable and asked for peace. Unless there's some official info confirming the "Guard"'s destruction, our prayers may yet be answered for a double-whammy SSD assault.

7. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Fair enough, I stand corrected.

Obviously Mon Mothma and the Military simply lied to the Republic.

Counterpoint I can't imagine the Feylya government being so amazingly stupid as to not use these ships before. It's possible they were dry-docked and required numerous repairs before work but seriously I think they probably HAVE been fighting teh Vong but have been forced into retreat for the most part

8. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    Mon Mothma and Borssk may have been clueless to the fact that the ships were not actually dismantled. Maybe NRI wanted to keep them that way so the SSDs are back-up secret weapons for just such an occasion as the Vong invasion.

9. Alion_Sangre

Dec 9, 2001
    We know from the Black Fleet Crisis that the NR does have X-Files-type secret agencies that answer to no one and are not known to exist by the President and Senate (Alpha Blue). I wouldn't be surprised if Admiral Drayson, Ackbar, or some other NR officers decided that with Fey'lya and his cronies running the show, it might be a good idea not to tell them a few things. As for the scrapping order, it might have been just a proposal that was struck down or another of those continuity errors that we must ignore for the sake of keeping the movie purists at bay.

Alternatively, there were at least five other SSDs not accounted for at this point - the Executor-class Aggressor, Jerec's flagship Vengeance, and the three or four Sovereign SSDs. The scapping order could have referred to any one of those ships.

10. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    "Jerec's flagship Vengeance"

That is not confirmed to be an SSD officially, just to point that out.

11. Alion_Sangre

Dec 9, 2001
    It's 10.1 km long (very freakin' big), well armed, and dagger-shaped. For lack of a better term, it's an SSD.

12. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    No offense but I find the existence of such agencies boardering on treason and sedition if not outright crossing those levels openly

No wonder the New Republic fell

13. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    "Alternatively, there were at least five other SSDs not accounted for at this point - the Executor-class Aggressor, Jerec's flagship Vengeance, and the three or four Sovereign SSDs. The scapping order could have referred to any one of those ships. "

How do you know Agressor was an Executor Class Super Star Destroyer and not just a regular ol Super Class Star Destroyer? ;) ;)

And it was never confirmed that Jerec's ship was Super Star Destroyer. Big doesn't always =Super Star Destroyer.

The Sovereign Class Star Destroyers were all under contriction at the Byss shipyards. Most likely they all were destroyed when Byss went Kablooie

14. Alion_Sangre

Dec 9, 2001
    Oh fudgebuckets, here we go again . . .
    :_|
    I'm not a believer in the separate Executor and Super-class ships - other than WEG and TOS's erroneous estimates and messed-up sketches, we have no evidence of a "downsized" class of Executor clones. I do have an explanation for this here

We know from visual data that Executor, Lusankya, Vengeance, Guardian, and Terror were 17.6 km long. Intimidator is described as an Executor-class in Shield of Lies. All other "Super-class" ships are referred to as being full-blown copies of the Executor, rather than half-pint siblings. My explanation for the inconsistent class names is that the design was originally termed Super-class in the concept/design phase (ex US Navy's currently building Virginia-class subs have been referred to throughout the concept/design stage as Centurion, New Attack Submarine(NAS), and NSSN). Given the massive debate and infighting in the Imperial Navy over Executor's construction, the early project name might have stuck and was also later applied to all ships of that immense size. So I figure Aggressor is an Executor-class. And if the Sovereigns went up with Byss, that still leaves Jerec's whatever-you-call-it floating around.

And Charlemagne, given how hopelessly incompetent the NR government seems to be in the EU (them electing Borsk would be like Nixon winning back the presidency after the Watergate hearings), maybe it's a GOOD THING we have all these shadowy intelligence agencies running around behind the politician's backs. After all, who were the guys sitting around with their opposable digits up their anal canals while the Vong advanced all the way to Coruscant?

15. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    blah,blah,blah'

Take a joke. That's why I went " ;) "

We know from visual data that Executor, Lusankya, Vengeance, Guardian, and Terror "

Actually no. There was a thread about this and we concluded from visual data that Terror was an 8 K long ship as was the ship in TIE Fighter. WE dunno what kind of SDs the Guardian is along side in that one picture. We know from Dark Empire,Marvel, and atack of the Clones that there were many different types of Star Destroyers. WE know ther was a 4000 meter Imperator Class that l;ooked like a minature 1 kilomeeter Imperial class. As for Vengeance,only the cover art implies that she was 17 k and only if you assume that the Star Destroyers next to her are a kilomtere long. Assuming they were,what does that mean? The cover art for the Bacta War shows four Imperial Class Star Destroyers orbiting Thyferra. Since when do we give cover art any credit?

As for Lusankya...there;'s not really any visual evidence to suggest that it's 17 K. We never see it compared to an Imperial Class but we assume it is since it's Executor's sister ship.

Besides ,there's a line in Dark Sabre that would make a little more sense if we believe that Executor was one of a kind. Pellaeon remarks that only Executor was as large as the Night Hammer. How did he forget about 11 other ships that size?

Eh. Believe what you wanna believe and I'll believe what I wanna believe.

16. Alion_Sangre

Dec 9, 2001
    Terribly sorry, old chap, I'm operating on five hours of sleep and many, many times the FDA daily allotment of sugar. :D My apologies. I think I need to undergo psychological treatment for a Pavlovian response to Super Star Destroyer threads . . . nah, I'll take a nap instead.

17. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    According to the EC, the two SSDs were used to drive Pellaeon's forces into a mere eight sectors.

Also, Starships of the Galaxy has a critical error. The text says it is eight times the length of an ISD, making it 12.8km. However, the statistics directly following it says 8km.

18. Alion_Sangre

Dec 9, 2001
    "Official" SSD stats have had critical errors in them since 1984 - first it was eight kilometers, then 12.8, then the Behind the Magic CD and SOTG couldn't decide which one to use. Why do you think I stick with the 17.6 bit?

19. Doikk-Na-ts

Doikk-Na-ts Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 20, 2002
    Two words. Plausable deniability. The big wigs of the NR senate needed to get rid of something that the masses saw as a waste of resources. They ordered it gone. The people who were responsible for the gone making knew better than to make it gone.

20. Alion_Sangre

Dec 9, 2001
    Heh, heh, heh. Figure there are a lot of places in the galaxy you might hide a 17.6 kilometer warship - hell, if you can hide a planet-blasting artificial moon over 100 km in diameter, you can hide darn near anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.