main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where's The Toyz in Sunny Wales?

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by Darth_Gster, Mar 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Gster

Darth_Gster Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 16, 2001
    O.k we've got:

Toys r' us: Newport/ Swansea (Both crap!)

Markets: Cardiff market (the guy with the speech.

Howard- our buddy in Abergavenny market

er........

um..........

The toy entertainer in cardiff

er..........

Forbidden Planet (if your a millionare)

er..........

anyone else know where they are?

Pretty lame seens we live in Hasbro capital!

2. TANTIV

TANTIV Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2001
    Actually The Entertainer is where i got my Jedi Starfighter from they stated that they should be having a shipment in at the end of march

3. Terra

Terra Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2000
    *Laughs*

I know the guy you mean in Cardiff market! Well, as asked in E-mail, I'm still offering to sell some of mine. I'd rather sell them in bulk - vehicles, characters....so whatcha after? :)

(Not in packagaing, but good quality!)

4. Darth_Gster

Darth_Gster Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 16, 2001
    Thanks for replying!

Anyone gonna join us in London for the release of AOTC in May!

I want to go up and see it the day it comes out. You know, sleeping outside the cinema cause you spent all you bed and breakfast money on figures and novelty lightsaber bubble bath.

It has to been done!

How could i ever tell my kids that i was the biggest star wars fan ever, and then tell them that i never did this. Its to esay to wake up in my bed and go to the local cinema!

I say an invasion of LONDON is called for and we all take the trip to MECCA!

5. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    aMEN.

yES , DRUNK again

6. Count_Cuckoo

Count_Cuckoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    If you go to Splott Market, they have a number of figures on sale but they arent very reasonable prices. Your best bet is to wait until there is a Comic & Collectors fair at the Angel Hotel in Cardiff, last time they had a lot of AOTC figures on sale. Other than that like TANTIV said The Entertainer.

EDIT: I'm not going to London, I dont particularly like the place. Last time I was there, I was besieged by beggars and everything is expensive. Cardiff UGC or Bristol IMAX is my destination.

7. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    I used to go to the Angel Hotel thingys all the time - they're really good.

8. Count_Cuckoo

Count_Cuckoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    Sunday 24th March is the next one.

The notice reads as follows:

CARDIFF

SCI FI, COMIC, CARD & TOYFAIR

ANGEL HOTEL, WESTGATE STREET

WITH A VERY SPECIAL BLAKES 7 & DOCTOR WHO GUEST TO BE CONFIRMED SHORTLY.

THOUSANDS OF COMICS, CARDS, TOYS, SCI-FI, FILM AND TV RELATED ITEMS FROM SOME OF THE BEST DEALERS IN THE UK TODAY.

DOORS OPEN 12 NOON
    ADMISSION £1/ UNDER 12s 50p/ UNDER 9s FREE

FURTHER INFO: 07787 125113

FREE GRAB BAG FOR FIRST 50 CUSTOMERS

9. Antigone_Maroon

Antigone_Maroon Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2002
    I go to the fairs in the Angel Hotel! They're pretty good. I can usually be seen there looking totally out of place (aren't usually many girl there) getting extremely attached to something or other that I can't afford.

I know the guy in the Market that you mean! Wow that's so cool we all know the same guy. He's really nice, he gives you money off it you're buying a lot and smiling just enough.

Toy R Us in Swansea used to be really good, they had a whole Star Wars aisle but they got rid of it (I almost cried) but now they have a huge AOTC display which is very expensive but very cool.

There actually is a shop in Swansea market called commit something or other, it's around about the same price a Forbidden Planet but it's still cool. The guy who works there is really cool too, my friends and I always end up having hour long conversations with him about up coming merchandise. Her goes to the Angel Hotel Fairs as well and usually had a stall set up. Look out for him, his stall usually has lots of Buffy and Angel T-Shirts on a rack and he had glasses and curly hair.

10. Antigone_Maroon

May 27, 2002
    I just got back from town and Ally and I were talking to the guy in Swansea Market and he said that he's going to be shipping all this cool merch. over from America including (wait for it) real lightsabers that you can really fight with.

Well not really (they don't retract) but they have metal handles, light up, they make noises and a virtually unbreakable so you can really bash away with them (unlike with the plastic ones). The only thing is he's only ordered three and they cost and a hundred pounds. But still it's pretty cool.

Oh and he also has signed ep2 pictures of Ewan, George, Samuel L Jackson, Christopher Lee, Natalie Portman and most of the others I think (he knows someone who was on set).

11. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    Coooooool! :)

Dude, was telling your friend on MSN - haven't been to the Angel fairs in YEARS! Know when the next one is?

12. Antigone_Maroon

May 27, 2002
    No I'm sorry I don't but Sah probably does if not one of us can ask the guy in Swansea Market. We'll most probably be there. I really need to check out the ep2 merch (I missed the last one).

13. Antigone_Maroon

May 27, 2002
    Oh and forgot to say there's a fairly new shop in the Uplands in Swansea by Lloyds TSB bank and it's kinda cool in there. They have old figures for 50p which me thinks is rather cool. Grr still male-run though. Are us girls doomed to sell Beanie Babies for eternity?

14. Antigone_Maroon

May 27, 2002
    If anyone is interested the next Angel SciFi Fair is 16th June (that's a Sunday). Um yes and I'll be there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.