main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Wherever You Will Go (JA Obi/Qui Angst H/C) NEW POST 9-17!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by snowbee-wan kenobi, Aug 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    Hi everyone...this is a story that was over on the Classic Board which I started about 2 years ago and is still a work in progress. The title is based off of a song by The Calling. As I've been editing the beginning after the fact, and finally getting around to posting more regularly on it, I figured it was time ro move it over here where it will hopefully be a little less lost in the shuffle! Hope you enjoy it!

~s-wk
    Summary- After a long mission on a dangerous planet, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan return home to
    Learn that Qui-Gon is wanted for the murder of a foreign Prince. He is forced to leave
    The order, leaving Obi-Wan to start a new life with a new master.

Rating- PG

Archive- Yep, just ask me!

Disclaimer- All recognizeable characters belong to George Lucas. (Yes sadly including Obi
    ::SNIFF::) I am making no money from this....(HAHA I wish!!!) The song "Where-
    Ever You Will Go." Belongs to the band the Calling. Healer Sano Brun, Rafe Orion,
    Colt Ranhort are mine........

Timeframe- JA, Obi-Wan is 14

Feedback- YES PLEASE!!!!!

Wherever You Will Go

So lately
    Been wondering
    Who will be there to take my place?
    When I'm gone
    You'll need love
    To light the shadows on your face.
    If a great wave shall fall
    And fall upon us all
    Then between the sand and stone
    Could you make it on your own?
    If I could then I would
    I'll go wherever you will go
    Way up high, or down low
    And maybe I'll find out
    A way to make it back someday
    To watch you
    To guide you
    Through the darkest of your days
    And if a great wave shall fall
    And fall upon us all
    Then I hope there's someone out there
    Who can bring me abck to you
    If I could
    Then I would
    I'd go wherever you will go
    Way up high
    Or down low
    Runaway with my heart
    Runaway with my love
    Runaway with my hope
    If I could
    Then I would
    Way up high
    Or down low

Qui-Gon Jinn sat anxiously in his seat. He was on the Republic cruiser "The Firestar," finally on its way home from a long mission on the planet Telron. There, a simple mission to oversee the inauguration of the new supreme governor had turned into a tangled web of lies
    and deciet.
    It had turned out the supreme governor's most trusted aid, and second in command, was in league with a barbaric crime ring that had been threatening to take over the planet for several years. The aid had been feeding them information for the past two months leading up to the inauguration. He had told them everything from security measures being taken, to access codes for important political documents, and even the fact that Qui-Gon and his Padawan learner, Obi-Wan Kenobi, were there to see the operation.
    The leader of the crime ring, a humanoid named Colt Runhar, had felt that defeating the two Jedi would not be a challenge, and had decided to go ahead with the attack as planned. Qui-Gon thought back to the previous morning:
    The ceremony was going well, and the governor was just about to swear his oath of loyalty to Telron when Colt and his men attacked. Between the two Jedi, and the Supreme govenor's security, they had been succeeding in holding back the attackers. Suddenly Colt himslef leaped from a building overhead, seizing the Governor.
    He had pointed a blaster at the Governor's head, and Qui-Gon was sure he was prepared to fire, when Obi-Wan bravely rushed to the Governor's rescue. Colt immediately released the governor, and focused al his attention on the young Jedi in front of him.
    Qui-Gon remembered watching proudly as Obi-Wan deflected bolt after bolt of blaster fire. Then Colt suddenly caught him off guard, and a blaster bolt caught him in the chest. Qui-Gon heard his Padawan cry out in pain, and watched as another blaster bolt caught Obi-Wan in the arm as he raced to the boy's side.

2. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

nice one....i had already started reading this story on the other board, very sad too

3. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    Hi sdhfs!
    ...thanks for reading..again..LOL

4. AthenaLeigh

AthenaLeigh Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2004
    Awwww, how sweet. Poor Master and Padawan. This sounds interesting, I'm looking forward to more.

5. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    You brought it over

6. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    Welcome AthenaLeigh...glad you like it! I will put up more tomorrow

Hey Kitara! Yep, I brought it over...mainly because there were so many typos and little things I wanted to fix, and also so it will be on a board where there will be more readers interested in this genre. Thanks so much for being a loyal reader!
    I appreciate it!

~s-wk

7. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    Qui-Gon was awakened by a light tap on his shoulder. He looked up to see Sano standing above him.

"Qui-Gon..." he whispered "Wake up....we'll be at the Temple in five minutes, we need to get Obi-Wan ready to leave."

Qui-Gon looked around sleepily for a few minutes. Then he seemed to come back to his senses as he registered the healer's words.

"Of course.." he said, still slightly embarassed that the healer had to wake him up.

"I will need your help moving him on to a stretcher without hurting his leg."

Qui-Gon nodded again moved towards his Padawan's bed. It broke his heart to see Obi-Wan like this.

It's all my fault..he couldn't help thinking to himself again.

Then he gently lifted Obi-Wan, setting him gently down on the stretcher. Suddenly his Padawan began to convulse violently.

"What's going on?!?" Qui-Gon practically shouted to the healer.

The look of panic on the healer's face as he watched the boy did not comfort him any.

"I'm not sure..." he replied, "But we need to get him into the Temple...and fast."

Qui-Gon reached for his end of the stretcher as they raced for the med center's door.
    He pushed it open, startling a very confused Rey N'orn who had been waiting outside.

"What happened?" the apprentice asked.

Qui-Gon could tell that the concern in the boy's voice was sincere, but there was no time for explanations. He brushed past the boy without a word.
    They finally reached the cockpit door, just as Qui-Gon felt a lurch beneath his feet which told him they had landed. It seemed like an eternity before the pilot had cleared their landing, and could finally raise the door.
    Qui-Gon and Sano rushed down the loading ramp without even a glance back. They pushed past the Jedi, pilots, and civilians who crowded the landing platform. Soon they reached the entrance to the Temple.

Usually Qui-Gon was awestruck by the beauty of the Temple's curling spires and sprawling towers, but today his mind was elsewhere. It was on his Padawan lying helpless on the stretcher.

Hang on Obi-Wan,-Gon thought to himself as the convulsions began to quicken.

They raced down the silent temple halls. They were empty, for all the young Padawans and iniates were attending lessons at the moment, and their masters would be elsewhere.

After what seemed like an endless journey, they reached the the healers. Two medics stood outside, awaiting their arrival.
    Qui-Gon recognized one, the tall slender human with brown hair and piercing blue eyes, as Lana Ono. He had gotten to know her over the past several years since he'd taken Obi-Wan as his Padawan.

Unfortunately this is a place we've visited more than once or twice over the years. Qui-Gon thought to himself with a wince.

He did not recognize the young Calamarian girl by Lana's side, but he guessed it must be her apprentice.

"Hello Qui-Gon." Lana said. "It is good to see you again...Although I'm sorry its under such circumstances."

Qui-Gon could only nod. He glanced at Obi-Wan.
    "Can you help him?" He asked.

"I'll do my best."

Qui-Gon stepped forward, attempting to follow Sano and Lana through the med room doors. He knew it was a fruitless effort, for he had tried to do the same many times before, but he pressed forward anyhow.
    Lana turned to face Qui-Gon, giving him that "you know there's no use." look. He sighed, and retreated to the familiar seat in the corner of the small waiting room. He sat down with a groan and looked around.
    The pale walls, dim lighting.....it was all familiar to him, a little too familiar. He sighed once more, then stood up and began pacing back and forth. After what seemed like an eternity, he glanced at the chrono...only a minute had passed.

"Calm down..." he muttered to himself. "Obi-Wan will be fine."

If only I really believed that, he thought wistfully.

Suddenly he heard the rush of air of a durasteel door opening.

He looked up, hoping it would be someone bearing news of Obi-Wan. Instead it was Sano's

8. AthenaLeigh

Aug 3, 2004
    Aww, the poor Master just wants to stay with his Padawan. Silly Council, they're so annoying. ;) I hope Obi-Wan's all right! *gasp* Very nice.

9. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    You gotta update soon. PLLLEEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSSEEEEE!!!! I'M DYING!!!

10. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    AthenaLeigh Yeah that pesky council...hehe thanks for reading

LilQui-Gon Thanks for reading...I love the enthusiasm ;) ! I will post more tomorrow

11. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
  12. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Qui-gon tried to kill him, is that the accusation? AUGH! I really like the story so far. Qui-gon's so sweet!

13. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    Kitara :)

DarthIshtar Welcome! Glad you like the story so far! Thanks for reading.

14. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    Obi-Wan's eyes fluttered open. He looked around, confused. Where was he? What was he doing in this bed? He tried to sit up and look around, but was forced back down by the searing pain that shot through his body.
    He looked down and saw bandages covering various limbs, and a large one wrapped around his chest.

What's happened to me? He thought in a panic. Where's Qui-Gon?

Suddenly he heard a small creak, and could make out the shadow of a healer coming into the dimly lit room. He recognized her as Lana, a healer who he had seen when he'd been here on several other occasions.
    She busied heself looking ar verious charts and readouts before she noticed him watching her.

"Oh...your awake." she said, a hint of pleasure in her voice.

Obi-Wan nodded.

"Where's Qui-Gon?" he tried to ask, but all that came out was a hoarse rasp. He looked down and saw a thin tube extending from his throat that was obviously assisting his breathing.

"Shhhh..." Lana said in an attempt to quiet him. When she noticed his frantic glances around the room she seemed to catch on.

"Ohhhh...you're wanting your master?" she asked, really more of a statement than a question.

Obi-Wan nodded once more, but stopped half way when he felt the tube shift in his throat.

"I exiled him to the waiting room." she said with a smile. "You know how he can get....we needed to focus on you and couldn't have a nervous wreck like him around."
    She chuckled a bit at this.

Was it that bad? Obi-Wan thought to himself.

The last thing he could remember was breifly waking up at the med unit on Telron. The medics had assured him he would be "just fine" before he had drifted back of to sleep.

Yeah right. Obi-Wan thought to himself.
    He then turned his attention back to Lana. By his pleading glance she could tell he wanted to see Qui-Gon.

"Don't worry, you'll get to see your master soon enough..." she said. "But first I have to tell you what's going on."

By Obi-Wan's lack of an attempt to object, she continued.
    "The medics on Telron certainly didn't know what they were doing..." she began.

Obi-Wan grimaced. Not a good way to begin.

"The blaster bolts penetrated you arm and chest. You broke a few ribs, and your arm might be sore for a while, but I think you're pretty well fixed up there."

Obi-Wan was relieved to hear this.

"But......" she continued.

Uh Oh, a "but"? Obi-Wan thought to himself. Buts are never a good thing.

Lana glanced at him quickly, and continued.
    "That solid rock podium that fell on your leg was another story..."

So THAT'S what happened. Obi-Wan thought to himself wryly.

He could not remember much once the first blaster bolt had struck him.

"Your leg was completely crushed." Lana said. She stopped for a moment before continuing on hesitantly. "And I'm afraid that poor splint the healers on Telron tried to put on it didn't help any."

Obi-Wan winced. This couldn't be good.

"We tried our best to set it with a bacta cast, but it didnt seem to be doing any good. We'll have to perform surgery on it immediately or you may never be able to walk on it again."

The boy sat, taking this all in in silence.

"You're due to go in to surgery in a few hours. But even then there's no promises...your leg was shattered pretty bad."

Lana tried to give Obi-Wan a sypathetic smile. Why was she the one always having to bethe bearer of bad news? She really felt for the boy. He couldn't be more than fourteen. She'd already seen him in here more than she saw most patients in their lifetime...and now he was going through this?

She sighed to herself and then looked at the boy. He seemed lost in thought.

"Would you like me to go get your master now?"

Obi-Wan nodded, despite the obvious discomfort it caused him.

"Alright, let me go get him." Lana said with a smile.

She stood up from the chair she had let herself sink into. She then left the dim room and hurried down the hall to the waiting

15. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Poor kid... might not be able to use that leg ever again... guess we'll have to see how the surgery goes.

Qui's not around? How odd... hrmm hopefully he'll show up soon! Or that Lana can find him.

Great work :D

16. AthenaLeigh

Aug 3, 2004
    Aww, poor Obi-Wan, I hope he doesn't think his Master has abandoned him. Silly Council, see, Qui-Gon just knew that would happen. Poor kid, hopefully the surgery will go well.

17. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    Kynstar Thanks! I know...Obi just can't catch a break can he ;)

AthenaLeighYep, as always "Master knows best" ;)

Thanks for reading guys!

18. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Poor baby just wants his master

19. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    Kitara Yep, poor Obi just can't catch a break can he?

Here's some more!

Obi-Wan lay in the dark room, surrounded by silence.

Where's Qui-Gon? he thought to himself. What's taking Lana so long?

He lay in the silence a few moments longer, the steady beeping of the various monitors connected to him ringing in his ears. Sudenly he saw a flash of light as the door opened and an unfamiliar healer walked in.

"Hello Obi-Wan." he said in that all-too-comforting voice that healers often used. It usually did not bother Obi-Wan, but in his anxious state it was a little too much for him.

"I'm Juno Drec...I'm an assistant surgeon and I'll be the one working on that leg of yours.?

I'm going into surgery now?!?! Obi-Wan thought to himself, incredulously. But what about Qui-Gon....I need to see him!

The healer seemed to notice the panicked look on Obi-Wan's face, but misinterpreted the cause.

"Oh...don't worry..." he began in the same "calming" tone. "It won't be that bad...and besides, from what I've heard about you...this should be simple compared to everything else you've gone through."

Obi-Wan shook his head and sighed in dismay.

"But...." he tried to protest, but was interrupted by the sharp pain of the tube jarring his throat.

He watched as the healer approached a table near his bedside. He examined a tray on it and selected a syringe filled with a cloudy yellow liquid.

"Now you'll just feel a little prick..." Juno trailed off sounding more and more robotic and less and less "comforting."

Obi-Wan tried to shake his head in protest once more, but the attempt was in vain. He felt the needle prick his arm. Suddenly his eyesstarted to droop and he began to feel exhausted.

Juno watched as the young Padawan's eyes fluttered closed and he drifted off to sleep. He the reached for the top of the bed the boy was lying on. He then proceeded to wheel it out of the dark room, and down the long hallway into a room marked "SURGERY."

Lana rushed back towards Obi-Wan's room as she attempted hurriedly to page Qui-Gon on his commlink.

"Where has he gone of to?" she muttered to herself.

It was completely unlike Qui-Gon to be anywhere but right by Obi-Wan's side when he was at the healers. She was beginning to get worried.

She was trying to reach the Jedi Master one more time as she hurried into Obi-Wan's room.....and found it empty.

"Oh no.." she said to herself. "They've already taken him into surgery!"

20. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Poor kid... guess he'll have to wait until afterward. How strange indeed that Qui wasn't around... but sometimes even Jedi have to attend the privvy. Well that is if that is where he went off to! ;) Sorry couldn't resist that little barb! hehehehe ;)

Great lil chappie! Can't wait for more!

21. AthenaLeigh

Aug 3, 2004
    uh oh! Now they're both gone, lol. As long as Obi-Wan doesn't get kidnapped or anything before his Master gets back, right? ;)

22. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    Kynstar I'm sure Qui-Gon wishes it was as simple as a visit to the "privvy" ;)

AthenaLeigh LOL, Obi's not dealing with kidnappers..it's worse! He's dealing with HEALERS! hehe

23. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    Qui-Gon stood in the middle of the circular Council Chamber, which rested at the top of the Temple's highest spire. A panoramic view of the bustling city of Coruscant surrounded him, but his attention was focused elsewhere.

"Been charged with the murder of Prince Jidu of the planet Orcedu you have." Yoda had told him.

Now he was standing before them dumbfounded.

How could this happen? he thought to himself. I've never even been to Orcedu.

Yoda picked up on his confusion.

"Attending the inauguration on Telron he was. Found his body near a trash compactor local security did. Your DNA it held."

Qui-Gon was now thoroughly bewildered. He had never even heard of Prince Jidu. And he and Obi-Wan had been occupied with security issues the moment they had landed on the planet. How could this be so?

He knew it was no use arguing with the council, for they knew all this as well, but he had to try.

"Masters," he said. "Obi-Wan and I were together on Telron the entire time, and up until the attack we were completely occupied with overseeing security."

Yoda shook his head sadly.

"Sorry, I am Qui-Gon. But have proof they do."

"What does this mean?" Qui-Gon asked, alarm growing hin his voice. A sweat had broken out across his forehead but he made no effort to wipe it away.

"In no condition to question Obi-Wan is." he began. "So for now, take their word we must...." he paused for a moment at this, as if he knew what he had to say, but wished with all his heart to not reveal it.

"For now Qui-Gon...leave the order you must..Voted about this the galactic senate has...temporary this is Qui-Gon."

It took every ounce of Qui-Gon's control to keep from losing it. He began to feel dizzy all of a sudden and his knees buckled to keep him from stumbling.

"We do believe you Qui-Gon." Mace Windu added in a consoling voice. "Unfortunately the Senate isn't quite as trusting."

Qui-Gon could only now his understanding for he did not trust himself to speak. They remained in silence for what seemed like an eternity. Finally he couldn't take it...

He took a moment to compose himself and then asked "What must I do?"

"Leave immmediately you must." Yoda began. "Arranged for transport we have. For now, return to Telron you must. The scene of the crime that is and wishes to monitor you until further clues are unveiled the Senate does."

They're imprisoning me? Qui-Gon thought incredulously.
    Apparently Yoda could sense his thoughts for he added.

"Have an apartment there you will. Be under the Senate's surveliance you will, partly for security and partly for your own protection."

Qui-Gon was outraged at this.

And is the Temple not much more secure and protected than any senate apartment? he thought to himself.

If Yoda could sense these thoughts as well he made not effort to reply Qui-Gon noticed in gratitude.

"Go gather your things quickly. Your transport will leave in an hour." Mace added cooly.

What about Obi-Wan? Qui-Gon thought with a pang of guilt. He had been so absorbed in his own problems that he had forgotten all about his injured Padawan alone in the healers' ward.

But this IS his problem now too. Qui-Gon realized.

"And what of my Apprentice?" Qui-Gon asked. There was a moment of silence as the members of the council glanced at each other. Each was willing the other to answer the question. They each knew how much Obi-Wan meant to Qui-Gon and none of them wanted to be the ones to break the news.

Finally Adi Gallia spoke up.
    "He is to remain here Qui-Gon." she began. Qui-Gon was relieved by the sympathetic tone of her voice.

At least one of them has a heart. He thought, but immediately reprimanded himself. It was not his place to criticise the Council.

"He is in no shape to travel, and even if he was, the Senate would never allow him to accompany you." Adi let this set in for a moment before continuing.

"He will be assigned a temporary master during you absense

24. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    The council is so cruel

25. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Now that... Nope I don't care what they say I'd go to Obi at least to see him one last time. Ain't gotta talk to 'see' someone.

Poor Qui... I know the Council is cruel... but how do you think they feel to have to send Qui away? I'm sure several are bothered by this. A pity they can't wake up and smell the caf and realize things... but hey how can they? ;) The stories wouldn't work out otherwise! hehehe :D

Great chappie! Angst here for both Qui and soon to be Obi cuz they can't tell him where his Master has gone. "Yeah he's gone... ummm he's juz gone...yeah." hehehe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.