main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Wherever You Will Go (JA Obi/Qui Angst H/C) NEW POST 9-17!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by snowbee-wan kenobi, Aug 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    nonononono! don't do that to me! that's so mean! you bring him back now and have a big, mushy, illegal scene with obi-wan right now!

2. AthenaLeigh

AthenaLeigh Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2004
    nooooooooooooooo, he can't leave without seeing Obi-Wan! Especially when he hasn't done anything! What exactly are they going to tell Obi-Wan? They better come up with something quick, of course Obi-Wan's pretty smart so he'll know something's up. ;)

3. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    Kitara Yeah I know...that pesky Council...LOL

Kynstar Yeah, these stories wouldn't be nearly as fun if the Council did everything right now would they? hehe

DarthIshtar LOL there'll be more soon

AthenaLeigh Oh, don't worry, the Council's already got a whole story all made up!

4. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    Hey guys, sorry it has taken so long to get the next part up...school has started, and things have been crazy. ENJOY!

Obi-Wan awoke drowsily in a brghtly lit med room. His eyelids felt heavy so he let them remain closed. He attempted to yawn but the motion was cut short by the realization that the plastic tube was still lodged firmly in his throat.
    He heard the steady beeps coming from the array of monitors that surrounded him. He felt slightly dizzy and his thoughts were hazy. He tried to recall what he last remembered.
    A healer had come in to take him into surgery. He remembered struggling in refusal and then drifting into deep stillness.
    Had he already gone through surgery? How long had he been out? He tried again to open his eyes and this time he kept them open despite the overwhelming weariness he felt.
    Around him he saw a familiar scene. He was in a pale colored room and several monitors and machines surrounded him. There were various tubes connected to his arms and his leg was heavily encased in a bacta bandage. He had undergone surgery more times than he liked to count and he recognized all the apparatus around him....but something was missing.

Qui-Gon! he thought to himself. Where was his master?
    The other countless times he had woken up in one of these med rooms the first thing he always saw was his master waiting diligently for him to come to.

Where is he? The boy thought, beginning to panic slightly. His master was always there for him, he knew something must be terrible wrong to cause such an unusual absence.

He heard the door creak open and looked up hopefully. Perhaps his master had just left for a moment to change clothes or get a bite to eat- but even this seemed unlikely.
    When he looked up he was disappointed but not surprised to see it was not his master standing in the doorway. Instead it was Lana. She was accompanied by Sano and the unfamiliar healer from earlier.

What are they all three doing here? The boy thoughy vaguely to himself.

"Well look who's finally up." Lana said with a smile. "You've been out almost three days since you came out of the bacta. We were beginning to wonder about you."

The trio began to walk towards is bedside and Lana looked as if she was about to say something else when Obi-Wan cut her off. He wanted to get to the point.

"Where's my master?" he asked in a barely audible voice. He winced at the pain it caused him to speak even these three words.

Lana's smile faded at these words. She took a seat in a chair next to his bed, and the other two healers followed suit.

"Obi-Wan..." she began. "We have alot to talk about."

5. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    DOn't listen Obi- they will only tell you lies!

*paranoid padawan goes and hides under the bed now*

6. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Poor Obi... panicking... yeah I would too cuz Qui is usually there. Man.. I hope Obi doesn't get to riled up.. it ain't Qui's fault.

Great lil post :D

7. AthenaLeigh

Aug 3, 2004
    Hmm, poor Obi-Wan, such a simple thing to have his Master there and the Council would deny him of it! But he'll be back!

8. JediVeloJinn

JediVeloJinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2003
    I'm reading. Looks good. I would never have found it on the classic board. Up!

Velo

9. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    Hey guys, thanks for the responses...I don't have the story on this computer, but I will post triple ASAP!

10. The_Hutt

The_Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2004
    Yay! I just found this story, and you're doing a great job! Since they can't disclose any information about Qui-Gon's mission, I wonder what they are going to tell Obi-Wan...I mean, just how long is Qui-Gon going to be gone? Weeks? Months? Years? I can't stand the idea of Obi-Wan having to heal by himself and be taught be another knight, all the while not knowing where Qui-Gon is. What if he believes that QUi abandoned him? Oh, I sense some bad situations coming. I'm not meaning for this entire post to be negative, I really do like this story. Hurry and post!

11. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    Hey The_Hutt
    Thanks for reading, glad you like it...here's some more!

Qui-Gon sat in his small quarters on the Republic cruiser "Oblivion." He was now on his way back to the planet Telron....the one place he'd hoped he'd never return to.
    The durasteel door to his quarters bore an intricate coded lock and he wore the ID tag of a prisoner. Both items caused him deep shame, for they reminded both of his failure to his Padawan and to himself...
    Why was this happening? What had he done? He was disturbed to find he could answer neither question.
    He feel into deep meditation as he looked over the events of the past three days.

Three days? Qui-Gon thought to himself. Is that all it's been? It seemed like he had been worrying about his Padawan's condition for ages. The council had promised to contact him as soon as they had word of Obi-Wan's condition, but so far there had been no such call.

What was taking them so long? Had something happened to the boy?

Once again he was disturbed to find that he had more questions than answers. Try as he might to get more of an explanation out of the Council members, they seemed to be almost as clueless as he was.
    He had pleaded to even say goodbye to Obi-Wan but the Council had been adament in their decision. Also, even if Republic regulations hadn't forbidden him to speak of his situation....he had been informed that his Padawan had just gone into surgery and by the time he had come to, Qui-Gon would be far away from the Temple.....
    Suddenly his thoughts were interruptd by a beeping from the comm system on the wall. He was allowed to recieve screened incoming calls, but could not make in outgoing ones at all.
    His heart leapt, it had to be the Council... He activated it and was relieved to hear Mace Windu's voice on the other end.

"How's Obi-Wan?" Qui-Gon said anxiously before the master could say anything else.

"He was in surgery for several hours..it was quite a job for the healers, but they think they successfully repaired his leg."

Qui-Gon breathed a sigh of relief.

"But of course they can never be sure until he is up and walking. He'll be using a hover-chair for about a month or so, and then he will be on crutches for a while longer; so it will be quite some time before we really know how well he will recover."

Leave it to Mace to state the hard facts.. Qui-Gon thought to himself. But really he was glad, if he couldn't see Obi-Wan himself, he was wanted someone who would at least tell him how the boy was doing- truthfully.

"He was in bacta for almost a day,and then remained out of it for another two. We were worried about him there for a while." Mace said.

"But he is O.K. now?" Qui-Gon asked with a hint of urgency in his voice.

"Of course." Mace consoled him. "He'll be in the healers for a week or so. Then he'll have some bedrest ahead of him."
    Mace stopped for a minute as if he was contemplating what to say next.
    After a moment, he seemed to have come to a decision.
    "He's been asking for you." he said more in the tone of a friend than a leader.

Qui-Gon's heart broke at these words.
    "What have you told him?" he asked in a soft voice.

Mace sighed and Qui-Gon knew he wouldn't like what he was about to hear.

"Well, we've discovered that the boy has no memory of anything that occured on Telron, so for now the easiest option was....." he paused for a moment. "...was to tell him you went missing on Telron."

12. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Oh that's so mean! How like the Council to do something like that ... argh -- I just found this story so I'm very glad that you've reposted it -- keep it up :)

13. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Ohhh Mace.. how could you?? How sad! Oi vey.. Poor Qui! He's gonna feel even worse now! And Obi! He's really gonna feel bad cuz he's gonna blame himself for not being able to help 'rescue' his Master.

Great chapter!

14. AthenaLeigh

Aug 3, 2004
    Aww, poor Qui-Gon all locked up. What an angstful picture though. And aww poor Obi-Wan! Thinking what could have possibly happened to his poor dear Master! At least Qui-Gon knows his condition, but what happens next?!

15. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    I'm coming out of lurkdom to say I'm reading. I love stories where Qui & Obi are in angst.

16. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    jodiwent, AthenaLeigh Kynstar and Layren Thanks so much for reading and replying! I really appreciate your comments.

The next chap will hopefully be up Friday!

Happy Turkey Day!

17. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000

Ok, my estimate was a day off, but here's the new post! Hope everyone had a GREAT Thanksgiving!

"Obi-Wan....we have a lot to talk about..."

The Padawan's eyes grew wide at these words. He had known conversations to begin like this before and it was never good news that followed. He looked up at Lana, waiting for more, as his whole body was overcome with apprehension.

"Let me begin with this...." she said slowly. "What's the last thing you remember before today?"

Obi-Wan had to think a minute before answering.
    What WAS the last thing he remembered? It all came back to him in bits and pieces..
    mission.....governor......Telron....pirates...Qui-Gon.....

The last thing he remembered was Qui-Gon standing over him, looking concerned, and terrible pain shooting through his body.

"We were on a mission...." he began. "Something happened and there was an attack. Qui-Gon was with me and then....that's where the memories stop."

Lana nodded as if she'd expected this.
    "You were attacked by the space pirate Colt Runhar and his men. We believe you were attempting to save the governor, which you succeeded in doing, when a stone podium fell on your leg. It appears as if you recieved a blaster wound or two as well. Sano arrived on a Jedi-chartered ship to retrieve you and your master, but when he got there......"
    This is where she pasued for a moment, suddenly finding the clean white floor of the med ward fascinating. She took a moment to compose herself and then she continued.

When he got there he only found you. They searched for Qui-Gon all they could, but you were in critical condition. They needed to bring you back here immediately. They even sent another team to look once you arrived here but there was no sign of him...... I'm so sorry Obi-Wan."

Obi-Wan looked at her in disbelief. Why was she telling him this? Qui-Gon couldn't be gone....they gave up on him! He knew the concern that registered on the healer's face was genuine, but it did nothing to ease the heartache and panic she was feeling right now.
    He sat for a moment in disbelief, and then was surprised to feel anger welling within him as well.

"They abandoned him!" Obi-Wan shouted, his voice tainted with fury. "He's proably still there....waiting...and they LEFT him!"

He knew he had no right to take this out on Lana....she had nothing to do with it...she was just the unfortunate one who ended up with the job of telling him the news. He knew he should apologize, but he couldn't. Why was she telling him this? Qui-Gon couldn't really be gone!
    He looked up at Lana once more. She looked taken aback as well as sympathetic. He knew he had hurt her, but there was nothing he could do. She remained silent for a moment until she finally said in a soft voice.

"Obi-Wan, I am deeply sorry....your master was a friend of mine...and Sano's..as well. You know we wouldn't have just left him. We did everything we could. We..." She trailed off as small tears began to well in her eyes.

Sano noticed this and quickly moved to Obi-Wan's bedside. He put a gentle hand on the boy's shoulder. Obi-Wan shrugged it away, even though he knew the healer was only trying to help.

"Obi-Wan.." he said his voice sounding raspy with fatigue and slight anguish. "I know this is hard for you...but you've been through alot. You're far from being healed, and getting yourself worked up like this will solve nothing.....you really should get some rest." He said this as a request, not an order, but the Padawan refused to even look up at the tall young healer.

Sano sighed and placed his hand on Obi-Wan's shoulder once more. This time, before he could even shrug it away he found himself falling into a deep, Force-induced slumber.
    Sano looked down at the yound apprentice, and nothing but care and sympathy registered on his face. He knew this was hard for the boy, and he hated to have to lie to him...but he couldn't disobey the Councils orders.

As he followed Lana out he door he thought to himself.

18. AthenaLeigh

Aug 3, 2004
    Aww, poor Obi-Wan, he's just as protective of his Master as Qui-Gon is of him. He's just worried, at least the healers know that. Poor thing.

19. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    *Geerrrr* Growls at the healers - - lying to Obi-Wan is only going to bring more trouble! And it's very Sithy! [face_shame_on_you]

20. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Poor Obi :( And those two healers... I feel for them cuz they are only following the Council's orders. Ahhh the Council :mad: they've caused mayham once again... hehehe

Great chapter. I feel soo for Obi :(

21. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    ARGhhhhh don't listen to them obi they're just telling more and more lies -- a most excellent update! I am eager for more!

22. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000

Here is the next installment...enjoy!

"BEEP...BEEP...BEEP...BEEP..." The chrono by Qui-Gon Jinn's sleep couch went off urgently. He gazed sleepily at the time- 5 hours standard time. His first hearing would begin in less than an hour.
    He had now been on the planet Telron for a little over a week and he still could not get used the waking up to the blaring chrono in his bleak cell, instead of to the morning sounds of the Temple in his and Obi-Wan's quarters.
    He sighed inwardly and willed himself to get up. He quickly showered and pulled on his beige and brown Jedi robes as usual. The worn fabric felt comforting against his skin, the one remainder of who he was and where he came from. The one new addition to his unifrom was the small identification tag he wore clipped ot his tunic saying he was a prisoner of the Republic.
    He glanced at his reflection quickly in the mirror. His eyes looked tired- and he was. The long days or interrogation and questioning had left him physically and emotionally drained. Just as he headed for the door the comm on the wall beeped.

"Jinn!" The voice he recognized as his warden Josh Nexron,barked. "We have ot be at the hearing in 10 minutes so GET DOWN HERE!"

The message then cut off without so much as a "goodbye." Jinn had met Josh the first day he'd arrived on-planet. From then on their relationship had been -strained- to say the least. The mas was half his age, and quick to lose his temper. Qui-Gon had tried his best to be friendly with the himbut it was to no avail. It seemed his lot in the Universe was to make life unpleasant for himself and others.

Qui-Gon sighed as he activated the dura-steel doors and left his cell.

"It's going to be a long day."
    He left his room and made his way to the turbolift down the hall. This whole building made him uncomfortable. While it may seem like the prisoners like himself had freedom within its walls, they were really being watched every moment.
    He had learned this when he first arrived. Each prisoner's warden carried a small data screen that allowed them to "monitor" their prisoner 24/7.
    Qui-Gon shuddered when he thought of this. For all he knew Josh had been watching his every move all morning.
    Away from the cameras, there were also coded locks on every door. To enter the turbolift he had to scan the small idnetification tag he now wore at all times. If his number hadn't been granted clearance earlier that day, and he'd tried this, there would have been a security team pouncing on him within seconds.
    Overall, however, it was not the high security features the building contained that made him uncomfortable. It was the dark aura the building seemed to radiate. Tension and anger seemed to hang in the air. Nothing like the serenity and peace one could feel by just walking in to the Temple.
    He cringed as he looked at the doors lining the hallway. Behind each door was a criminal of some kind or another. He had never sensed so much hostility centralized in one place, it made him quite uneasy.
    The turbolift reached the bottom level and the minute he stepped out he saw Josh waiting for him.

Qui-Gon smiled...

At least try to get of to a good start today.......

"It's about time..." Josh muttered, scowling.

Well, there went that idea. Qui-Gon thought to himself.

He noticed that one of the Telron Securiy force airspeeders was parked nearby,

"Hop in." Josh said curtly.

Qui-Gon glanced about curiously. The senate building where his hearing would be held was right next door, less than a few feets' walking distance.

"How about we just walk?" Qui-Gon suggested. "It's such a short distance.......it seems a waste to....."

"AND RISK A CRIMINAL LIKE YOU ESCAPING?" Josh interrupted incredulously. He chuckled to himself. "NO, NO I don't think so Jinn.....I know how men like you think."

Qui-Gon still cringed whenever he heard himself referred to as a criminal. He had better get this figured out soon. Still, he knew it was no use arguing wit

23. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Poor Qui :( but he definitely stumbled upon something good now! 'Specially about this Colt guy!

Can't wait for more! :D Great work! :D

24. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    hehe wow! you were quick to find that Kynstar Thanks for reading!

25. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    I had to double check to make sure that this was an update and not what I just posted on a few minutes ago lolol!

Great update! so poor Qui being a prisoner and such not adjusting well and I wonder who the pirate is .. *muses* hrm... can't wait for more!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.