main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Wherever You Will Go (JA Obi/Qui Angst H/C) NEW POST 9-17!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by snowbee-wan kenobi, Aug 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    Hi Bastet! Welcome!
    Glad you're enjoying the story, and I feel honored that it is the recipient of your first post after such an absence! :)

There will be more soon!

2. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I just got back from vacation. I'm glad to see you are conntinuing this :)

3. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    Hey Kitara, most loyal of loyal readers :)
    Thanks for still keeping up with this fic...and not giving up on me and my sporadic posts :)

4. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    bump....new post tomorrow!

5. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    HERE'S MORE!

Later that night Obi-Wan lay awake in his room in Master Orion?s quarters. After gathering his things, they had paid a visit to the healer?s ward. Much to his dismay Sano had said he was free to go and live with Rafe in his quarters as long as he followed all the healer?s instructions and returned daily for checkups and therapy.
    As much as Obi-Wan hated sleeping in the stiff beds in the healer?s ward, he felt even more uncomfortable on this sleep couch in these strange quarters, with such a strange man asleep in the next room. This did not feel like home to him, and he was certain it never would. It was not just the lack of his personal belongings- which were all still packed away in the travel cases- it was the lack of the comforting aura he always sensed from Qui-Gon when they shared quarters together.
    After several sleepless hours Obi-Wan?s eyes eventually began to droop, and he slowly drifted off to sleep. He found no comfort in his slumber however, for his dreams were haunted by visions of an inauguration day gone terribly wrong.

Thousands of miles away on the planet of Telron, Qui-Gon Jinn was having similar thoughts. The judge?s ?previous engagements? had finally ended, and he and Josh had been summoned to the hearing chamber.
    So far things were not going well. He had not been able to get a single word in, in his own defense, while the late Prince Jidu?s Orcedean lawyers stated one incriminating bit of ?evidence? after another against him.
    They had an amazing array of evidence. There was the main issue of his fingerprints being on the Prince?s body. Examiners had been able to prove the cause of death was injuries inflicted by a lightsaber, and had photos to prove it. And of course they could already prove that Qui-Gon had been on the planet Telron at the time. The only thing they were missing was a motive. And then of course there was the tiny fact that Qui-Gon had never even heard of, yet alone met said Prince, until the recent proceedings.
    The hearing lasted hours. Qui-Gon was finally given his chance to speak on his own behalf. He tried his best to explain his plight. He was a Jedi, he had been sent to Telron on a mission. He?d never heard of this Prince Jidu, or his planet Orcedu before now. The only ones he?d harmed while on the planet were a handful of Colt Runhar?s men, and only then while being attacked.
    In general the judge seemed compassionate towards Qui-Gon. However, there were no witnesses to testify on his behalf, and no evidence to prove Qui-Gon innocent. This Jedi master?s reputation had preceded him, and the last thing he wanted to do was convict him, but it seemed he had no other choice.

?Master Jinn.? He began. ?While I would like very much to believe you are innocent, especially since you are a Jedi, I?m afraid I have no choice. Until further evidence can be brought forth, or a witness can be found, I?m afraid I must say the verdict is ?guilty.? For now you will remain in you cell here on Telron, under the watch of Warden Josh Nexron, until further arrangements can be made to transport you to a facility on Coruscant.?

?Obi-Wan?Obi-Wan you must wake up. Padawan?can you hear me??

Obi-Wan stirred slightly as he awoke from a deep sleep.

?Please?five more minutes Master Qui-Gon?? he muttered drowsily as he grabbed the pillow and attempted to bury his head in it.

Master Rafe Orion frowned slightly at the mention of Qui-Gon?s name.

I was afraid of this, he thought.

?Obi-Wan?do you know where you are?? he asked.

This time the boy realized it was not the voice of Qui-Gon trying to awaken him. It was the voice of a stranger. He squinted up groggily, and spied the young face of Rafe Orion looking down on him, not the kind weathered face of his beloved master. He looked around, and was shocked to see where he was. He was no longer in the bare new room in Orion?s quarters, rather back on his own familiar sleep couch in the quarters he once shar

6. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Hee hee, I loved how Obi-Wan sleepwalked in his hoverchair. Poor kid, but I'm glad he decided to be nice to Orion. But now Qui is coming back to Coruscant? That means Obi-Wan's gonna find out soon that his real master is still alive, right?
    Great story, can't wait for more!

7. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Nice story! Oh boy, what's Obi-Wan going to think when he finds out Qui-Gon wasn't dead or disappeared, but charged with murder? Poor guy, being put through all this. Sleepwalking in the hoverchair? [face_laugh]
    Good job. Please continue!

8. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Poor kid is under a lot of stress. But how do you sleep walk (ummm hover?) in a hover chair- scary!

9. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    Bastet Thanks! Glad you're enjoying it. There will be more soon

Jedi_TigrisWelcome to the fic! So glad you like it, and glad you found the hoverchair scene amusing!

Kitara"sleephovering" LOL, yes paints quite an ominous picture don't it ;)

10. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    [face_laugh] hahahhaha Good job Obi-Wan sleepwalk in the hoverchair.

Yipes, that's awful about poor Qui. I wonder what Obi-Wan will think of his "master" when he realizes Qui-Gon is still alive.. and at the Council and everyone else for that matter..

11. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    Layren thanks for the reply...glad everyone is amused by the hoverhair thing, before posting it I was afraid like it would seem like the byproduct of some really late-night writing...LOL

12. Nicholi

Nicholi Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2005
    this is a really cool idea for a storie i like the prmise

13. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    Hey Nicholi Thanks for reading! Glad you're liking it so far!

14. masterobiwankenobi

masterobiwankenobi Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2003
    Hey I finally got a chance to read this, =D= Although I'm supposed to be editing my story. :oops: I like this story so far. Poor Obi and Qui. :_| At least obi didn't get stuck with a nasty master that beat him or something like that. [face_dancing] Can't wait to read more.

15. TheLurker

TheLurker Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2005
    *delurks*
    This is a great story and i want an update soon!
    ~Rhi
    *relurks*

16. Aya-Na_Bashu

Aya-Na_Bashu Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2005
    *Waves hand* You will update soon.

Please don't leave Obi-Wan hanging in limbo like this. Qui-Gon either. [face_praying]

17. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

I remember this story from a while ago I still have it saved on my favourites.

Please continue it, it was interesting then and it is still
    interesting.[face_dancing]

18. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    I'd like an update too.

19. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    WOW! I'm surprised to see this has updates! Thanks for digging it out guys! I feel motivated to write again! I will try to get more up before I start school in a week!

20. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Oh good, I was starting to think you had abandoned this story! I'm glad I was wrong, I must know what happens! So...update this soon, you must! Er, pretty please? [face_praying]

21. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    Hey Bastet..no definitely didn't abandon it...life just went psycho on me! More soon

22. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    OK...don't have a heart attack, but here it is! This one is on the short side but do not fear...the next post is already in the works!

As Qui-Gon Jinn walked out of the courthouse on Telron, his head hung and all traces of his normal self-assured gait were lost. He had never felt so degraded. He wore the uniform of a prisoner- the uniform of a man who had no hope. The uniform of the type of man his purpose was to rid the galaxy of.

To make matters worse, the electrocuffs were beginning to rub his wrist raw, and the constant buzzing of their electrical charge now rang in his ears day and night.

What have I done? He thought to myself. What have I done?

Suddenly he came to his senses. What am I talking about? I?ve done nothing. I can?t let the accusations get to me. I have to stay focused. I have to stay alert. For Obi-Wan?s sake I must find a way out of this.

Just the thought of his Padawan made his heart heavy with guilt. That?s the one thing I have done wrong. I have left him to fend for himself. To try to heal physically while dealing with the emotional scars of believing I?m dead. If there?s one offense I?m guilty of it?s leaving him alone. I should?ve never left his side. I should have fought for the right to stay with him?

Suddenly Qui-Gon noticed something strange. He could sense Josh?s presence behind him, but there was no harsh pushing, no manhandling, and no jeering bits of sarcasm. Can this be the same warden?

Qui-Gon turned his head slightly to glance behind him. Josh looked lost in thought, sullen in a way, and he was completely oblivious of Qui-Gon?s stare.

Suddenly the warden came to his senses. ?What are you looking at Jinn?? he said, giving the master a slight shove. The words rang hollow and the push lacked it?s usual force. The gruffness was merely an attempt at keeping up appearance, but the young warden most definitely had something on his mind.

Perhaps I?m getting through to him. Qui-Gon thought. Or perhaps I?m just WAY out of tune with the living Force.

Later that evening Qui-Gon dozed lightly in his cell. The one advantage he had, as a Jedi in prison, was he was no stranger to less-than-desirable sleeping quarters. Another vision of his Padawan, lying helpless in the med-ward, was just creeping it?s way into his dreams when he was jarred awake by the sound of a shrill voice in the darkness.

?Jinn.? Josh called in a loud whisper. ?Psssst?Jinn!?

Qui-Gon made his way over to the bars. In the pitch-black corridor he could barely make out the shape of Josh standing in front of his door.

?I need you to come with me. But don?t make a peep. Night guards will get suspicious if I?m leading prisoners around at night. I?m not even supposed to be here at this hour?but there?s something I gotta know.?

Josh quickly swiped his access card and the door slid open, squeaking a tad and causing Josh to wince at the unwanted noise. He slapped the obligatory electrocuffs on Qui-Gon?s wrists, and then motioned for the master to follow him.

They went down several winding corridors, and Qui-Gon could hear the sounds of dozing fellow-inmates coming from the cells around him. Once or twice they passed cells of restless inmates who were not yet asleep. Several called out, curious as to where they were going at that hour, but Josh quickly shushed them. They reached the end of a hallway where a security checkpoint blocked their way. A night guard sat in a chair by the door, fiddling with a data-pad.

?Moving this one to maximum security?filthy troublemaker.? Josh grunted as he once again swiped his access card. The guard gave a quick nod without even looking up from his data-pad.

Note to self?Qui-Gon thought with a grimace. When trying to escape from prison, go at night. The night staff?s completely unmotivated. No wonder there are so many escaped criminals out and about for us Jedi to clean up.

Suddenly Josh halted outs

23. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    :eek: :eek: :eek: YOU UPDATED!!! OMG! What are they going to do with Qui-Gon? They better not hurt him. :mad: I can't belive you updated [face_dancing] , can't wait for more! *Runs off to tell the world you updated*

24. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    LilQui-Gon wow! you found it quick! I LOVE the ehnthusiasm. Thanks for reading...more soon

25. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    OK well at least he is having thoughts of how he has left Obi-wan
    thinking he is dead.
    I bet if Obi-wan knew Qui-Gon was locked up he would move the heavens to go to him.

Is any body trying to help Qui-Gon?[face_thinking]

I feel so sorry for Obi-wan not knowing the truth!

great story [face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.