main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Wherever You Will Go (JA Obi/Qui Angst H/C) NEW POST 9-17!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by snowbee-wan kenobi, Aug 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    ?INTERROGATION.?

No! Torture, in other words...

2. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    GkilkennyThanks for reading...more to come soon!

-Darksaber-Ditto. Hmmm...that's a theoryI guess you'll just have to see what's yet to come! [face_thinking]

3. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Woohoo, an update!! Thank you thank you! [face_dancing] Now I'm worried for Qui-Gon, interrogation doesn't sound like a good thing. Eep! [face_worried] Hmm, I wonder what that Josh guy was preoccupied about... I hope it's something in Qui's favor, because he needs to get back to his padawan soon, the poor kid needs him!
    Thanks for the PM, snowbee-wan! I hope there's more soon! [face_praying] This is such a great story!

4. Tirra_Parr

Tirra_Parr Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2002
    Wow...new postie...

Sorry, I've been lurking around for a while.

~tirra

5. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Ohhh you slipped a new one in :)

6. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    Yay! Feedback! Thanks guys.

BastetGlad you found the post. I hate to seem pushy with PM's...but when a fic has gotten as sporadic as this one I always wanna give readers a heads up [face_peace] Very interesting comments...Josh is definitely up to something [face_shhh] good or bad though? That's the question! LOL I'm about halfway through the next post so it should be up by the end of the weekend.

Tirra_ParrWelcome! No need to apologize for lurking! I'm guilty of it myself from time to time too [face_blush] Glad you posted though! I always love to know who's reading.

KitaraYay! You found me once again! You are so loyal keeping up with this crazy story o' mine. Thanks for dropping by!

7. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000

They stepped inside and Josh quickly shut the door behind them and keyed in the code to lock it. Then, much to Qui-Gon?s surprise he turned around and removed the electrocuffs. ?Those were just for show. Believe it or not I trust you Jinn.?

Hmmm?let?s see?NOT. Qui-Gon thought to himself, before immediately considering the reprimand for such ?un-Jedi-like? sarcasm.

Qui-Gon looked around, taking in his surroundings. The room was pretty much bare except for a table and two chairs made of durasteel resting in the center of the room. There was an odd-shaped object sitting on the table that was draped with a large tarp.

Josh moved around towards the table and uncovered the mystery item in one sweeping motion. Qui-Gon immediately recognized it. It was a highly sophisticated lie detector. He had seen them used throughout his travels across the galaxy.

?I don?t know why I didn?t think of this before.? Josh said. ?I?ve been mulling over your case since you mentioned Runhar?s name in the courthouse. I knew if he was involved there had to be more to it.?

?What makes you think that?? asked Qui-Gon- his Jedi problem solving habits kicking in- and momentarily forgetting that for the moment Josh was his ?superior.? Luckily Josh didn?t seem to be irked by this ?insubordination? at all. To Qui-Gon he seemed a changed man. He hesitated before answering.

?I had a younger brother who got mixed up with Runhar?s crew on another planet years ago. Some smuggling deal gone awry. He was practically forced into servitude after what all he?d seen. Eventually the law caught up with the crew, who knows, it could?ve even been the Jedi. Of course my brother wasn?t armed, and he and two other men were taken easily into custody. He thought he?d be better off there than with Colt. He didn?t count on the fact that somewhere there?s a top-secret file of all of Colt?s followers. Someone was able to hack into that database, and of course my brother?s name was there. They ratted him out for the reward. Been spending his days in an off-world prison. That?s what made me become a warden, hoping someday we?d end up in the same system, I could at least see how he was doing. If not, at least I?d be able to try to look out for the others who are wrongly accused. I guess I?ve gotten a little jaded over the years?it?s just??

Suddenly it was as if the fog cleared and Josh came to his senses. ?I shouldn?t even be telling you this. At least not until I?m sure.? He motioned towards the chair. ?Come over here Jinn. This thing has never done me wrong before. If you can get by it, then we?ll go from there.?

Qui-Gon walked over and sat. Josh began strapping him in to the enormous apparatus. He placed a probe over each of the Jedi master?s finger, and two on the sides of his temple.

?I must say this is a little unusual for me,? said Qui-Gon. ?I?m used to be the one doing the questioning.? In place of the usual sarcastic comeback, Josh just gave him a knowing smile.

?Ready?? he asked. Qui-Gon nodded.

?Were you on the planet Telron on the day of the Inauguration??

?Yes?

?Was there an attack that day??

?Yes.?

?Did you have any previous knowledge of this attack??

?No.?

?Have you ever had any previous associations with a man named Colt Runhar??

?No.?

?Have you ever had any previous associations with the Prince of Orcedu.?

?No.?

?Did you kill any men on the day of the attack??

?Yes.?

?Were all of your actions in self defense.?

?Yes.?

Up until this point the indicator needle on the machine has remained completely still. ?One last question.? Josh said. Qui-Gon nodded.

?Did you kill Prince Jidu of the Planet Orcedu.?

?No.?

At this point the needle faltered ever so slightly. Qui-Gon and Josh?s eyes met for a brief moment. Josh sighed and began to remove the probes from Qui-Gon?s temples and fingers.

?As I?ve told you before, the machine never lies.? Josh began. Qui-Gon looked as if he was about to protest b

8. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Ahah, another update! [face_dancing] Ooh, is Obi finally going to know the truth about Qui-Gon? I can only imagine how happy he's going to be to find out he's been lied to all this time! Grrr... But at least Josh the warden is going to help Qui out now, that's good.
    I'm glad you updated again so quickly, thank you! More soon!

9. Tirra_Parr

Tirra_Parr Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2002
    =D= again!

More story already!

I'm so happy!

~tirra

10. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    Obi-Wan!

Eeeek!

11. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    FREE QUI-GON!!! :_| :_| :_|

12. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

So Josh has a heart after all

What will Obi-wan think of the Jedi when he finds out they lied to him OhOh NOT good To tell lies.

Great Post.

13. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    Bastet Yep, Obi's reaction should be a good one. And yes, Josh is a pretty good guy at heart. ;)

Tirra_Parr Glad you enjoyed it! :)

-Darksaber- Yes, Obi-Wan will be entering the picture again very soon! [face_batting]

LilQuiGon All in good time... [face_devil]

GKilKenny Yep, he's got one in there somewhere! And yes, Obi-Wan will be peeved. [face_frustrated] Glad you liked the post!

14. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Qui-Gon know what they told Obi-Wan.

Cruel!!!

15. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    Wow, what a great fic! [face_dancing]

I just found this and I read it through in one sitting, it's so interesting and gripping!

Oh no..poor Qui-Gon... [face_worried]

so the machine never lies eh...hmmm...

could Qui-Gon have committed the murder and now doesnt remember the same way Obi-Wan has suffered memory loss?

and how is Obi-Wan going to react now that Qui-Gon is alive?

The Jedi Council really ticked me off. I want to toilet paper their rooms. :mad:

Please please add me to the PM list!! thanks!

[:D]

16. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    KitaraThanks again for reading...yep, that Council can really get on the nerves sometimes!

JOINME Welcome! It always makes my day to have new readers! Glad you're enjoying it. LOL, the toilet paper sounds fun!

17. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Ooh, looks like Josh has been thinking a bit, and is questioning Qui-Gon's guilt. I wonder what Obi-Wan's reaction will be when he finds out Qui not only isn't dead, but has been accused of murder. [face_worried]

Nice updates! Hope there's more soon. If you send pms when you update, please add me to the list?

18. Force-sensitiveLyn23

Force-sensitiveLyn23 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 27, 2005
    yeah if u send pms please add me too!!!!

19. TheLurker

TheLurker Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2005
    *delurks*

need more

*relurks*

:cool:

20. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    Quick update...will be out of town for Labor Day, but hope to post early next week!

21. Force-sensitiveLyn23

Aug 27, 2005
    I just found thisy and have been reading it in one sitting. Its sooo goody i need morey. So pleasy up up up up update. Because its really really goody!!

22. Force-sensitiveLyn23

Aug 27, 2005
  23. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    Thanks for the "up"
    Just wanted to let everyone know that unfortunately life has once again gone nuts on me with the start of school. Hopefully I'll be able to write this weekend!

24. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    [face_worried] How is Obi-Wan going to feel about the Council when he finds out they made everyone lie to him?

He's been grieving over Qui-Gon, and given a new Master when he should have been told the truth! [face_shame_on_you]

I do hope you can finish this story, because you certainly have left them in a mess, haven't you! ;)

When you can, more, please! [face_batting]

25. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    ?One?. Two?Three?? Obi-Wan gasped and let himself sink back down into the hoverchair.

Healer Sano Brun looked at Obi-Wan disapprovingly. ?Three steps? That?s all you have in you? Come on Kenobi, since when have you been a lightweight??

Obi-Wan refused to look directly at the healer. Instead, he continued to stare fixedly at the ground, shrugging his shoulders in response. Out of the corner of his eye he could see Master Orion in the next room, keeping an eye on his new Padawan?s progress.

Sano followed Obi-Wan?s gaze and sighed. Had Qui-Gon been here, the master would have been right here at Obi-Wan?s side, encouraging his Padawan every step of the way. ?Healing Ward Policy? had never applied to Qui-Gon Jinn. Orion, on the other hand, was perfectly content to wait in the next room. Sano could understand the young knight?s lingering hesitance towards his new charge, but eventually something had to give between the two of them.

?Obi-Wan, would you prefer it if Master Orion were in here with you?? It never hurts to ask I suppose.
    The boy gave a slight snort. ?What good would that do??

Sano decided the best course of action was to just ignore the boy?s sullen impudence. ?Okay, then let?s give it one more shot. C?mon, on your feet.?

Obi-Wan groaned and shakily brought himself to his feet. The heavy braces that the healers had recently placed on his legs were cumbersome, and the pain was almost more than he could bear. Once on his feet, he stood there for a moment, bracing himself on the bar affixed to the wall. Slowly, he willed his right foot to go forward, and then for his left to follow.

?One? two?? Sano counted along with him. Obi-Wan remained still for a moment, leaning heavily against the wall. Hesitantly he brought his right foot forward once more, but this time the pain was more than he could bear. He let himself fall backwards, this time missing the hoverchair and landing on the floor, metal braces clanking on the smooth surface.

Sano?s heart lurched. Quickly he weighed his options. Should he let the boy pick himself up, or should he offer assistance? In most cases, he had always felt it was better to let the patients pick themselves up- helping build up physical strength, and egos. Still, as Obi-Wan sat there on the floor; he seemed to have no intention of getting up any time soon. Sano glanced over to the window. Master Orion was deep in conversation with one of the other master healers. He hadn?t even seen the boy fall. He sighed and made his way over to Obi-Wan, silently offering the boy his hand. Obi-Wan stared at his for a moment before grasping it firmly and allowing the healer to assist him up into his chair.

?Ok, I think that?s enough for today Obi-Wan. Get some rest, I?ll see you same time tomorrow.? Obi-Wan just nodded. He offered a smile, but the boy just stared blankly back at him. Sano moved to open the door, making way for the boy to steer himself out into the next room where Master Orion was waiting.

Obi-Wan did not stop, he simply continued on to the reception area. He knew they?d be talking about him, and he didn?t want to have to sit there and pretend not to hear as they analyzed his behavior and his lack of progress.

?Make much progress today?? Rafe asked. Sano just shook his head.

?I?ve never seen the boy like this. He?s completely unmotivated. There?s not much I can do without his help.?

Rafe just nodded, ?I understand he?s still mourning his master, but it?s going on three months. Eventually I need him to make the decision that he wants life to move on??

?Perhaps that?s where you come in.? the healer replied.

?I know there?s more I should be doing or saying- but nothing gets through to him. I feel like I?m failing him each and every day?I just??

The healer cut him off ?You have to realize that there comes a point when all he?s doing is failing himself as well.?

Back in their quarters, Obi-Wan went

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.