main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Which 2004 blockbuster season movie are you most looking forward to?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Kitt327, May 12, 2004.

?

Which 2004 blockbuster season movie are you most looking forward to?

Poll closed Jul 26, 2004.
  1. Van Helsing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Troy

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. The Day After Tomorrow

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Harry Potter III

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  5. Spider Man 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Shrek 2

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  7. I Robot

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  8. Another one, not listed

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
  2. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    I was inspired after waiting at traffic lights this morning beside a billboard advertising 'The Day After Tomorrow'. I thought the disaster movie craze had fizzled out.

3. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    Harry Potter....

4. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    You didn't mentioned "Kill Bill 2", which I've seen anyway, and which a work of genius.

"Harry Potter ..." would be my pick, although it'll be interesting to see if it's as ... err ... sexy as the director's last film, "Y tu mamá también".

5. Norrad_Roff

Norrad_Roff Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2001
    I didn't vote.....

Shrek 2 and HP III are both on my list.

BTW: Does anyone know what code is used for the polls? I need to build a simple poll for a CGI paper I'm doing.

6. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Shrek 2 is the only thing there I'll attempt to see at the theatre. In all likelihood though, I'll end up seeing it on DVD several months later.

7. Kazzy

Kazzy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 17, 2002
    I can't vote.

I was going to pick Van Helsing, beecause I used to be obsessive about vampires (although I've moved on a little from then) and I realy do want to see that. But then there's things like Harry Potter 3 and Shrek 2. Plus I really want to see Troy.

Now all I gotta do is find some time and some money.

So yeah :D

8. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    Very tough choice between Harry Potter and Spiderman. Harry won, of course, but it was tough. I would have considered Troy, but I saw it last night.

9. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    None of them really.

10. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Well out of the ones i haven't seen yet i'd have to say Shrek 2. I mean how funny was the original, and have seen the trailer a few times and it looks good.

Have seen these in the past weeks:

Troy - awesome
    Kill Bill 2 - awesome
    Starsky and Hutch - very funny, Ben Stiller is just great.
    Van Helsing - not impressed, thought it was awful.

Anyway, Harry Potter can **** off, and i saw the trailer for The Day After Tomorrow and was not impressed, it'll probably be like The Core or Armageddon [face_laugh]

11. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Solo - I HATE you.

Kill Bill 2 is suppose to be fantastic.

Troy is a must see also.

Shrek should be good value too.

12. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    Kill Bill 2 isn't on the list, because it wasn't a blockbuster season release. Plus Tarantino would say 'don't put my [censored] movie up there with that [censored] Hollywood [censored]'.

I can't wait to see Shrek 2 - Puss in Boots is hilarious in the trailer :D

I'd be more excited about Spider-Man 2 if someone told me Mary Jane wasn't in it.

e:
    Norrad - the poll code is integrated into the board software, so it will be coded in asp, not cgi. You can find a cgi poll on hotscripts.com, probably, if you want to study one.

13. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    oh my goodness, for heaven's sake don't go and see "Van Hesling". I got dragged along the other night and it is the WORST movie I have ever seen. I'm still feeling soiled ...

14. RED_RAPTOR_ONE

RED_RAPTOR_ONE Jedi Youngling

Oct 8, 2002
    Really? I heard that Van Hesling wasn't that great too. Troy looks amazing though! I'm a bit partial, being a bit of a Orlando Bloom fan, but still! Going to have to go see it. Everything else looks a wee bit average. Hopefully Shrek II and Spiderman II will prove me wrong...

PS. SFL, Kill Bill II is AWESOME! A must see.

15. Kazzy

Kazzy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 17, 2002
    Van Helsing was all right. I thought it was spectacular but extremely shallow. There was no substance there, that's all. I felt no attachment to any of the characters, and the plot was tragic (particularly the ending, but I won't say any more) but it was pretty.

I think I'm going to enter a vote for Harry Potter three. As much as I can't wait for Shrek 2 and the others, and as terrible as the last two HP movies have been, I remain hopeful (silly me).

16. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    Harry Potter III wasn't my favourite book in the series. I know its really popular among the fans, but the ending didn't quite cut it for me. The time turner thing felt very deus ex machina. Kinda like the ending to Superman the movie.

But it was the book which introduced Lupin [face_love], and it should be awesome to see the Dementors realized on screen. Better take some chocolate into the movie theatre ...

17. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    HP 5 is my personal favourtie and 3 is my second favourite so I'm really looking foward to it, still wondering if I should go to the premiere or not....

18. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    I got a few downloaded movies from a mate the other night. Kill Bill 2 included. I really wanna watch it, but I'm suppose to be seeing it with a friend... only problem is I don't know when that will be, but if I watch it on my computer - it'll be a waste paying to see it at the flicks - but seeing it at the flicks will be awesome. aaarrrggghh

Saw Troy tonight with my g'f. We both thought it was sweet. She read the book by Homer back in her Freshman year of college and she said she is glad for that and that the movie brought out some of the memeories of that. She esp. liked the true'ness of most of the characters. Archillis (sp?) and Paris (sp?) were good. Brad Pitt (Archillis) was pretty bad ass :cool:

Kick arse movie!!!

One thing that I was told after the movie is that the war took 7 years. It felt like it was over in 14 days. 12 days of peace included... but that's really neither here nor there in the telling of the story for the film I guess. Still awesome.

19. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    I saw "Troy" last night. I thought it was crap. I'd give it 2 stars. I just found Bradd Pitt really annoying (I normally quite like him), plus I thought the film was over long. Half an hour I I was thinking "just build the bloody horse and be done with it." There were also a lot of shots which were clearly a little too inspired by "Lord Of The Rings". The Greek seige of Troy looked _exactly_ like the Orc's seige of Helm's Deep, but in the daytime. Orlando Bloom firing his bow (unsurprisingly) looked just like Legolaqs firing his bow, right down the the specific camera angles.

AS SFL mentioned, the war was supposed to last for years. It feels like it takes place over a weekend.

That's the two worst movies I've seen in years, both on the same weekend. Arrrrgh.

SFL ... seriously, see "Kill Bill 2" on the big screen. It's one of the most stylish films I've ever seen, and I think a lot of that would be wasted if you watched it on your PC.

20. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Did you not like Brad because he was a grumpy little boy wanting Argamenmon to beg for him to fight for him etc? *That is* how Archillis was, my g'f said, from reading Homer's version of it.

//shrugs//

Yea, I think I'' try hold off watching KB2 until the movies. Gah!

Now that we've seen LOTR and it was something fairly new and up-to-date technology with the "Massive" concept for armies in CG any movie that has a large army made from CG we are going to relate it to LOTR. Just like movies after the original Matrix. We were like, "Wow - that was like a matrix move". I remember Jedi Outcast (computer game) watching the preview movie for that and him runing on a wall - just like in the matrix.

Anything new for the first time will be referred back to. So perhaps saying it's just like LOTR is natural... but shouldn't be done.

//shrugs//

21. Panther50

Panther50 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2004
    Its not on the list and I'm not sure when it'll come out in NZ but I'm really looking forward to the Alien Vs Predator movie.

22. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Hasn't that been in development for, like, the last decade?

23. -SILVER-

-SILVER- Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 16, 2003
    I Robot. ?[face_plain]

24. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
  25. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    I want to organize an Auckland fanforce meetup to see Shrek 2. (I'm already booked for Harry Potter). I'd like to set a date/location before I submit the details to tfn and star-wars.co.nz, so I'd appreciate some advice from those who 'might' like to attend. How does the afternoon of Sunday 20th June sound? I guess the Queen St cinema would be the obvious choice for its central location, but considering parking costs, I'm thinking Newmarket might be better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.