main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which added feature of the AotC DVD are you looking forward to the most?

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by GENERAL_FEL, Sep 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GENERAL_FEL

GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    I would have to say that I am looking forward to the deleted scenes.

The following is a list of the deleted scenes included in the AotC DVD due in November.
    1. Opening Senate Scene [confirmed]
    Chancellor Palpy announces that Senator Amidala has been assasinated. During the announcement, she enters and quickly dispels the rumor. The Military Creation Act vote is postponed.
    2. Obi-Wan & The Analysis Droid [confirmed]
    3. Extended Jedi Library Scene ("Lost 20 Jedi" Discussion)
    Madame Jocasta "they took my lightsaber" Nu explains Dooku and the "Lost 20" Jedi who left the order to pursue other interests.
    4. Obi-Wan & Mace Windu Discussion in Jedi Temple Hangar [confirmed]
    5. Naberrie Family Scene(s) [confirmed]
    Anakin meets Padme's family and they privately insist to Padme that Anakin obviously has a crush on her.
    6. Anakin & Padme Trial on Geonosis [confirmed]
    The two lovers are caught and tried as spies by the Geonosians.
    7. Extended Dooku/Yoda Duel (Dooku w/ two lightsabers)
    More kick-arse sword play between the little guy and the old geezer.
    8. Ki-Adi Mundi & Plo Koon Droid Control Ship Raid
    THIS ONE SHOULD ROCK! The 2 Jedi Masters take a clone squad and raid one of the Droid Control Ships. It will be nice to see some action between these two. I, for one, am anxious to see Plo Koon have some lines.

I am also looking forward to the mockumentary "R2-D2: Beneath the Dome".

Does anyone know if the "Connections" featurettes will be included in the DVDs? I saw that they were part of the AotC deluxe VHS, but I haven't heard if they were going to be included in the DVD. I sure hope so.

Chime in with what you are looking forward to the most!

2. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    The extend scene with AdiMundi and the Beneath the Dome are the ones i really wanna see.

3. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Deleted scenes all the way!

Preferrablely the stuff on Geneosis

4. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    I think the Beneath the Dome stuff is just the trailer, not the full series. Big let-down there, they shouldn't even have included it if that's the case. Keep the set solely Episode II. Same logic George used in not putting an Ep2 trailer on the TPM DVDs last year. Consistency, George, that's all I want.

I'm looking forward to the deleted scenes and the documentaries most. I like commentaries the best, in general, but not the cut & paste job they do with these movies. I want a bunch of people watching the movie together, talking about it, keying off each other - not bits and pieces of separate tracks put together where you've got to miss a lot. Multiple tracks at least.

DTS! DTS! DTS! Where is it? Guess that'll be a big selling point when the full box set comes out in 5 years.

EDIT: Jake, I think the Connections feature is just on the VHS to help sales there, LFL Marketing Machine never sleeps :)

5. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    WHAT?! No DTS?! What the hell, TPM didn't have that either did it? I can't believe that slipped by me. Stupid marketing ploys.

6. GENERAL_FEL

Feb 10, 2001
    "EDIT: Jake, I think the Connections feature is just on the VHS to help sales there, LFL Marketing Machine never sleeps"

And it works, too. I guess I'll be buying the VHS version as well.

7. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    They were playing it on the Walmart TV's before release, you aren'y missing anything if you don't get to see that. Trust me, you know more then they do about the Skywalker family line.

8. GENERAL_FEL

Feb 10, 2001
    Understood, but I really wanted it for my kids so it could clarify anything they might not already know. I just end up confusing the hell out of Clayton when he asks "How can Anakin be Princess Leia's Dad and her son at the same time"?

Not having read the books..yet...he gets confused like any other 7 year old would.

9. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    LOL, that so to funny Jake. although, it doesn't go into EU stuff, for a kid it would be fun (thought it was just for you :p )

I do think it sucks rotten Eggs if they don't put that on the DVD though,

10. pinata242

Apr 29, 2002
    I agree that they shouldn't select VHS over DVD for any feature like that, but I still stand by my conviction that the DVDs should pertain wholly to the episode they represent, like they were so insistent on the TPM DVD. I just don't wanna get short-changed on AOTC material because they were supplying all this extraneous stuff like the Beneath the Dome trailer or a 5/6 complete Connections featurette. Not to say that I am getting short-changed on AOTC material... I just know there's more than they're giving. "Pack it all in" is all I'm saying.

I don't mind a supplemental DVD with random stuff like that especially since there will be a 10-15 disc release when the "Collector's Special Edition Star Wars Saga DVD Set" (DTS! DTS! DTS!) comes out with all that stuff on it (not to mention a complete view of the Skywalker line with all the details from Ep3). 10-15 discs is a conservative estimate in my opinion since the LOTR set coming up is 4-disc. What if George offered the original cuts of the movie as well as DD5.1, DTS6.1EX, DD2.0, commentary track. That would be 12 discs for the movies alone, not to mention the supplemenal discs (at least 1 per movie) and a few new "Series" type features (EDIT: like Connections) on a separate disc or two. Hopefully each movie would fit on one disc. That's pushing 20-discs. Hell, by then we may even have settled the HD-DVD format (Blu-Ray all the way!) and be able to fit all that stuff onto 6 discs.

Collector's Special Edition Star Wars Saga DVD Set:
    Disc 1 - The Phantom Menace
    Disc 2 - Attack of the Clones
    Disc 3 - Episode III
    Disc 4 - A New Hope: SE
    Disc 5 - The Empire Strikes Back: SE
    Disc 6 - Return of the Jedi: SE
    Disc 7 - A New Hope: Original
    Disc 8 - The Empire Strikes Back: Original
    Disc 9 - Return of the Jedi: Original
    Disc 10 - TPM Supplementals
    Disc 11 - AOTC Supplementals
    Disc 12 - Ep3 Supplementals
    Disc 13 - ANH Supplementals
    Disc 14 - TESB Supplementals
    Disc 15 - ROTJ Supplementals
    Disc 16 - Saga Supplementals I
    Disc 17 - Saga Supplementals II

I'm a dreamer. But I know VHS is dying and to force us to buy the format is crap. I was planning on buying it anyway just to complete my VHS collection, but still... This isn't the way to market.

End rant.

11. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    *watches Brent float amoung the clouds*

You know that would be about 300$

*Watches Brent hit the Earth like a Asteroid*

That will sooo, leave a mark.

12. pinata242

Apr 29, 2002
    *Pulls his ripcord*

*Mike sees "You know you'd buy it too" written on Brent's parachute.*

"Yeah, I would...", Mike says.

*Upon landing, Mike and Brent enjoy a nice laugh at themselves and everyone else willing to lap up whatever Uncle George throws at them.*

You all know it will happen.

EDIT: Even if he doesn't include the original movies (like he maintains he won't), it'll be 14-discs. Imagine how that would look on your shelf - all black covers with the Star Wars logo or some great saga collage across the spines. Ooohhh yeah!

13. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    Don't make me agree with you Brent, you won't like me when i agree with you. hahaha.

Yes, i'd probably buy it because i'm stupid, just like i bought this LOTR knowing full well that there is a preview of the same movie coming out 2 months later with 4 discs instead.

Man, we are such sucker for the power of The Man.

14. RogerRoger517

RogerRoger517 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2002
    I want to see the featurette on the little stunt man in the Yoda suit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.