main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Which aliens would you like to see in the sequel trilogy?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by IG_2000, Nov 10, 2012.

1. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    The CGI from the prequels are bad now, compared to modern day affects. That's the deal with CGI, it's constantly evolving and making older movies look cheesy and even worse. That's why the OT Star Wars and LOTR still look pretty real, practicality over special affects. However, one thing I noticed is that JJ Abrams's Star Trek did use quite a bit of real props and scenery than most Sci-Fi movies, which gives me hope.

2. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    When I 1st saw CGI Yoda in AOTC I was obviously impressed with the CGI. Who wouldn't be. But IMO despite all the effort the animators put into it, it all became slightly underwhelming (yes, even Yoda). Your right, there needs to be the right mix. But with CGI characters that you need the audience accept becomes very shaky ground. Gollum is the only example of a more older audience accepting a CGI character. And that's testament to how well he was done.

3. Lord Chazza

Lord Chazza Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2013
    New ones.

4. sethg

sethg Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 2012
    i dunno, sometimes i'm tempted to make the argument that CG characters will never be completely photorealistic and believable, but then i remember that time i watched ROTS with my mom and she asked me if yoda was being played by a little guy in a suit.

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    My weekly vote for a Jawa Jedi.

ootini!

Jcuk likes this.
  6. Blip

Blip Jedi Master star 1

Feb 5, 2004
    Jcuk: Yoda (in RotS of course!) :p