main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Which and when will be the next BIG announcement?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Bertie, May 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    With the whole cast reveal, it seems we will be on another long period without anything but rumors. We have came to know since the cast reveal that the Abu Dhabi rumors were true, that the movie is already filming, and that Boyega and Ridley are there, nothing else.

I think the best thing to know would be the cast roles, and a brief introduction to the movie story. Something generic, not too specific to avoid spoilers. And the best place to reveal more info I think it should be the Comic-Con.

What do you think?

2. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    Didn't it just happen with the announcement of the spin-off movie?

[face_dunno]

TKT likes this.
  3. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Second major female role. That still needs to be addressed, no?

4. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    I think it's quite likely Comic-Con will be the next big reveal - quite possibly the title. Between now and then, I'm sure some other info will leak out - minor castings, maybe another photo/video from set, etc - but I think Comic-Con will be the next big press release. I would love it to happen earlier, of course, but I don't want to get my hopes up!

CairnsTony and Darth_Bertie like this.
  5. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    When is Comic-Con happening may I ask?

6. thisguyisnotajedi

thisguyisnotajedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2014
    Are JJ and the cast even going to ComicCon?

7. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    I'm very happy that we have had the cast for nearly 4 weeks now. I was not expecting anything for a while and I am fine with that.

That being said, I do think there will be something at ComicCon this year. With the way titles are being thrown around WAY in advance (2 years early for both Avengers 2 and Batman/Superman), I actually expect a title this summer. I won't be disappointed if there isn't one yet, but I am thinking there will be one.

I also think that by the fall, we will have a few, but not all, character names and/or descriptions (Daisy is Han & Leia's daughter, Andy is a great new sidekick, Oscar is a savvy pilot, etc). Some will not be revealed simply because they are too revealing. Others may be revealed but when the movie comes out there will be a twist (like Liam Neeson ending up being R'as).

DarthBreezy likes this.
  8. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Comic-Con is July 24-27 this year. JJ and co. will probably still be in the middle of filming but I'm sure someone will turn up and JJ could appear via a video link. Comic-Con is the place to promote genre movies to the fans these days and they'd be silly to ignore it, even if they are still filming. I bet they will have a huge presence at Comic-Con 2015 when the movie is in post and they are gearing up for the release.

Jedijax, I really hope you are right about the character descriptions! That's really what I want most at this point.

CairnsTony likes this.
  9. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    There is already a thread for this... HERE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.