main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which AOTC trailer has the best use of music?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Strilo , Mar 14, 2002.

?

Which AOTC trailer has the best use of music?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. "Breathing"

4.6%
  2. "Mystery"

33.8%
  3. "Forbidden Love"

41.5%
  4. "Clone War"

20.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PloKloon1138

PloKloon1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2001
    I voted for Clone War. :D

Bring it on!!!

2. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I disliked the Forest Battle part at the end and I thought the overall editing of the music was really poor. There's no sense of flow to it.

3. jangosdna

jangosdna Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2001
    Mystery...

4. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    Mystery. Plainly perfect, as it combines the climax of Empire with the best theme of TPM.

Breathing was cool, too, but I'm not sure it is fair competition as it has an entirely different concept behind it.

Forbidden Love... it was good, too, but not as good as Mystery.

And Clone War... It began with Sail Barge Assault (which, to my shame, I mistook for the climax of the Death Star Trench...), which reminded me of the Jedi Starfighter PC game trailer. The whole Rebel Fanfare thing then continued to make a happy swash-buckling atmosphere, with a brief disturbance by Clash of Sabers. And then the Forest Battle... That's not really good. War seems to be fun, after all.

What happened to the SW-trailers, by the way? Both visual and musical concept seemed to be vastly superior with TPM. The beginning of Trailer B sends shivers down my spine, even after years of watching it. Clone War doesn't even come close. Visual concept is an entirely different thing, but I don't want to argue with those guys in the Ep2-forum, it doesn't lead anywhere...

And... what about CHOICES? It was a short DVD-only trailer like Mystery. If we have Breathing in this poll, why not Choices?

5. RickMacCallumfake

RickMacCallumfake Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2002
    Mystery - cause it used the best music (ESB music!!!)

6. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Grey, I think Mystery gave me the eerie sense closest to to TPM Trailer B.

It's set up very similar.

7. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Yeah I agree on that Sithman. I also got that feeling of WOW from Forbidden Love. Clone War was cool because I knew the action feel to it would interest some of my friends who were scared of Forbidden Love but it really does not flow as well. It's almost TOO fast in it's editing cuts and the music... well we have covered that ;)

8. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    I really loved the music in Forbidden Love. It seemed to fit there PERFECTLY! :D No, it didn't seem to fit, it DID fit there perfectly. ;) :D

9. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    I've warmed up to the use of music in Clone War after seeing it in theaters, but I'd have to go with Forbidden Love. When Leia's theme swells up and Anakin and Padme kiss... it's a gorgeous moment.

10. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    That it is, Son of the Suns.

11. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    "Forbidden Love" barely beats "Mystery" for me. Leia's theme and DotF both go perfectly with the action on-screen. I especially like the kiss, the moment when DotF first starts, and the increasing intensity of the music when Anakin says, "Someday, I will be the most powerful Jedi ever!" The music for "Clone War" just falls apart near the end. It's not as bad now that I've gotten used to it, but "Begun, this clone war has" and happy-happy-joy-joy Ewok music don't exactly go together well.

12. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Jeff once again we agree totally.

PEARL JAM!!!!

:D

13. PloKloon1138

PloKloon1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2001
    OK, I'll explain why I like the Clone War music so much...

1. The Pit of Carkoon/Sail Barge Assault

The Pit of Carkoon offers a wonderful intro to the trailer, and it pays off nicely as the Sail Barge Assault kicks in at the Coruscant chase scenes. Star Wars music, plain and simple.

2. The Clash of Lightsabers

Excellent choice of music on this one. Fits perfectly with the line, "You must join me, Obi-Wan, and together we will destroy the Sith." Almost exactly what Vader said to Luke, and the music is from that very duel.

3. The Forest Battle

I could gush on and on about this piece. It is quickly becoming my favorite SW track ever! Perfect climax to end the trailer. Also, the last closing scenes weren't about the pain and anxiety of war; they were about the fun and exhilaration that is STAR WARS.

So overall, best trailer ever! :D

14. JWK

JWK Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    DotF is the best SW trailer music. I makes the perfect ending battle music too. JW is a master of the notes.

15. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    Forbidden Love

16. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    "Mystery"

17. icqfreak

icqfreak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 1999
    I agree that the way that music was inserted into the aotc trailers was not nearly as well done as for the tpm trailers. Also the coolest part of the tpm trailers was how they ended with the music from the end of tesb credits, something that i was dissapointed to not see used at the end of the aotc trailers.

18. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    icqfreak I totally loved the use of the ESB ending titles in the TPM trailers. It seems to be the least well known of the endings and therefore felt fresh and exciting to me.

19. jayme_

jayme_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 12, 2002
    Forbidden Love. It's beautiful like that, yo.

20. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    Let's make a poll about which movie had the better trailers (regarding the music). In my opinion, TPM would win big time - and they didn't have Duel of the Fates back then!

21. snailwalker_DK

snailwalker_DK Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2002
    Forbidden love, no doubt. It's great!!!

22. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    snail yeah I think so too. Leia's theme is so underused.

23. maestrino

maestrino Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2000
    Breathing for me. :)

The silence was just great. I think we need to hear a bit more of that in movies.

24. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    I liked the music in both "Forbidden Love" and "Clone War".

25. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Maybe I am getting used to it... but I just saw the Clone War trailer in theatres and I liked the music a lot more. I still say Forbidden Love though... :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.