main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which are the BEST ROTS Unleashed and 3 3/4" Figures?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by spoleweski, Apr 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spoleweski

spoleweski Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2005
    Which one do you think is the best ROTS unleashed figure? Also in your opinion which is the best ROTS 3 3/4" figure, give reasons for and against.

Personally I think Anakin (rage) is the best unleashed one but I haven't bought it yet, just wanted to know your opinon. I will buy one, but I'm leaning towards Rage Anakin.

And as for the 3 3/4" figurines I'd have to say I'm in love with my Aayla Secura. I wanna take her out of the packet but I can't. I've always had a soft spot for her lol and she looks so cool. I'm from Australia and we don't have any figurines out past no.32, even no.28-32 are hard to find. I was just lucky that target had put out a few...I may buy another Aayla if its still there...And there were no Lava Vaders at Target or Holographic Yodas at Toys r Us which really sucks, that's australia for ya...

2. hitmbig

hitmbig Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 6, 2004
    GG for the Unleashed, he looks to cool

Aayla is my fav for the 3 3/4 figs. Reasons of my own

I would say the Target Vader I got was the coolest pick up since not everyone was able to snag one. Sorry to Aussies out there.

3. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    I'd say coolest Unleashed is Grievous, and coolest basic figure... hmm... that's tough.

I'd probably say Kit Fisto, Clone Trooper, Royal Guard, C-3PO, and Count Dooku are the best five.

4. EndorRebelScum

EndorRebelScum Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 30, 2004
    Royal Guards. The continuity rules. Crimson Empire..

5. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    The Han ESB and Obi Wan ROTS Unleashed are very nice, I also like the ROTJ Luke and the ROTS G Man. As far as 3" ROTS figures I like the G Man but I have not taken a really good look at all the figures. Boba Fett #300 is still my #1 figure !!!

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    For RoTS Unleashed, it has to be the General as he is the only one I bought. For RoTS 3.75 inch figures - I like the Blue Guard, even though I haven't found one yet. I think that Pregnant Padme has to be the worst figure - that outfit is hideous!

7. spoleweski

Mar 29, 2005
    lol, what is it with all these royal guards? why are they so popular they are so boring and do nothing...there are a million blue guards along with Chancellor Palpatine's at my local kmart. As for the padme, yeah her outfit is yuck but I had to buy her coz she's pregnant, its not everyday she's pregnant.

8. MEANSONE

MEANSONE Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2005
    i'd say GG unleashed and Aayla, but i have yet to find a clone commander so i am hoping he lives up to my expectations....

9. STUBRIS

STUBRIS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    GG unleashed.As for the 3 3/4" figures? Hmmm? Best likeness is Chancellor Palp's, best figure is probably the clonetrooper, it's really well articulated.What's going on with Mace Windu though!?!!

10. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    So far from what I've seen, Anakin looks like a pretty good ROTS Unleashed (haven't got him yet).

As for 3 3/4" figs, I personally like the Anakin with his cloak. Looks dead-on in my opinion.

11. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    The GG Unleashed isn't simply the best ROTS Unleashed...but he's one of the best Unleashed, period.

As for the 3 3/4" figures my favourite so far has probably been the GG Deluxe...if you take the time to find a paint job you like, he simply looks fierce just standing there. The Senate Guards are excellent as well, of course, and the Clone Troopers look great despite the action feature. The detailing on the Count Dooku is absolutely excellent, he would be the perfect figure if only he could hold his lightaber well...and the lightsaber was actually red instead of pink, of course.

I still haven't seen anything above #32 though...so the figure I'm most looking forward to, the Clone Commander, isn't in my hand yet.

12. spoleweski

Mar 29, 2005
    I too am also waiting for the clone commander at the At-TE Tank Gunner and Exploding Grevious which all look cool. But the one I want most is the burnt anakin # 50 looks really cool, ill get 2 of him just so that i can open 1 and keep the other in packaging. The Vader turn table also looks really cool where you can turn the screwed up anakin into vader.

13. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu

Padme-Wan_SkyWindu Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    I don't think I can really say what the BEST ones are, since a lot of it comes down to personal preference. With the ROTS Unleashed, I'd say if you want to just single out one, Grievous is the best. However, I think putting Anakin and Obi-Wan together to create their duel is the best ROTS Unleashed thing (but that's two figures, so I don't know if it counts for your question). I'm an even worse judge of the 3.75" figures, because I care a lot more about getting ones of characters that I like, and I'm inclined to like my favorite characters' figures more. I'll go with the Boga/Obi-Wan set for now. The only things I'd change about it are:
    -Making the harness and saddle removable (this is the biggest negative thing about it to me, and it doesn't bother me all that much anyway)
    -Adding more detail to Obi-Wan's lightsaber hilt
    -Adding a tiny bit more articulation to Obi-Wan (especially the neck)

I actually have this Obi-Wan posed dueling Anakin #2 on top of my printer now, and it looks very good. Much better than you'd expect it to since he's designed to sit on Boga's back.

14. Salty

Salty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 24, 1998
    I got all three of the ROTS unleashed figures and I've ordered the Palpy vs. Yoda unleased that's being released on the 15th.

15. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    15th of this month? Or of May?

Speaking of this...when is the next "wave" set to hit? :confused:

~Vassago

16. Salty

Dec 24, 1998
    April 15th according to amazon.com.

17. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    Great news, thanks. :)

~Vassago

18. Salty

Dec 24, 1998
    No problem. I just want to see a picture of it. I'm a little surprised there is no picture of it yet when it's coming out in 8 days.

19. darthdanicus

darthdanicus Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2005
  20. Salty

Dec 24, 1998
    That's pretty sweet. I like the Vader unleashed too.

21. darthdanicus

darthdanicus Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2005
    I think I like the older kneeling Vader better myself. I'm probably going to pass on this Vader. So far I only pre-ordered Palp. vs. Yoda. That figure is sweet. The Asajj figure is awesome too!

22. spoleweski

Mar 29, 2005
    Does the next wave for the 3 3/4 figures come out on April 15th too?

23. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    I think the Obi-Wan and Anakin unleashed are the best ones so far. :)

24. Salty

Dec 24, 1998
    I'm not sure when the next wave of basic figures will hit the shelves.

25. Flaar_Fyre

Flaar_Fyre Jedi Master star 2

Aug 4, 2004
    I think the Anakin Unleashed is by far the coolest one for RotS. I find it hard to believe that the new wave of Unleashed will be out on April 15th. If it is then cool, I'll be picking up Vader and maybe Palpatine vs. Yoda, but the first wave was just released like a week ago, not counting leaks.

As far as basic figures go..that one is tough to call. It really does come down to who you like more. I like Anakin/Darth Vader so I pick those figures up first. Then I go for the ones that are rare hard to find ones. I'm hoping the #35 Palpatine with the blue lightsaber becomes the rare one, instead of the one with the red lightsaber. After that it comes to the other characters that I like, and aren't in danger of selling out.

Edit:

I was just searching around about the next wave of Unleashed figures, and it says they are being released June 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.