1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2. Enter the Episode IX Treatment Contest! Details here!

3. A Rule For Everyone To See:

The New Films staff strive to create a fun and welcoming environment for all users. This forum is a place for discussing the films, which means that you think the films are worth discussing. Constructive criticism (as deemed by the moderating staff) is welcome and encouraged. Bashing of any kind will not be tolerated anywhere outside The Sanctuary thread. See the new rules thread here. Bans can and will be handed out to anyone who doesn't abide by the forum rules.

Discussion Which beloved "fan favourite" should they bring back to kill off in Episode IX?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode IX - Spoilers Allowed' started by G-FETT, Dec 19, 2017.

Which beloved "fan favourite" should they bring back to kill off in IX?

1. Chewbacca

10 vote(s)
  2. Lando

16 vote(s)
  3. R2/C3PO

2 vote(s)
  4. Watto

6 vote(s)
  5. Mace Windu

2 vote(s)
  6. Palpy

2 vote(s)
  7. Jar Jar

16 vote(s)
  8. Boba Fett

1 vote(s)
  9. "Ice Cream Maker Man" (seen running through corridors of Bespin in ESB)

14 vote(s)
  10. Other

18 vote(s)
  1. cerealbox

cerealbox Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 5, 2016
    I mean, Nien Nunb is right there
    Darth Smurf likes this.
  2. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 22, 2015
  3. RandomGreyJ

RandomGreyJ Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2016
    Kinda hoping Chewie bites it. Hate to say that, but I feel like he's kinda becoming like Threepio and Artoo at this point. He's around, but they aren't really utilizing him that much, especially after Han's death and how he could've interacted with Luke. And honestly I'm just kinda tired of him being there at this point. Han Luke and Leia are gone. At this point keeping Chewie around forever just feels like keeping a dying horse. So honestly I wouldn't mind if in the final battle of IX he gets killed in some sort of sacrificial manner.
  4. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    Despite only having a brief scene together in TLJ I still hold onto the idea that Rey and Finn anchor one another.

Not even from a romantic point of view I just feel that they mean so much to one another that they’d do anything to protect one another.

So to answer the question I feel if one character had to die it Puls be Finn will ultimately die to push the narrative forward. If that’s the route JJ goes I hope his death/sacrifice has meaning and not just used as a prop for Rey, Poe or Rose character development.

Off topic as I saw it being discussed elsewhere - Finn was a fly to bug zapper on Crait. It would have been a hollow gesture robbing him of a fitting conclusion.

I personally don’t think they’ll end any of the main trio or possibly even Ben. I feel that they’ve all got possible stories that could cover a generation period. That’s just me.
    MrElculver2424 likes this.
  5. afrojedi

afrojedi Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 23, 2015
    I'm the only one here who would rather see Boba Fett have a more dignified send off?
    Django Fett likes this.
  6. JediMasterSven

JediMasterSven Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 21, 2014
    I say along with killing off Lando, Chewie, Threepio, and Artoo by blowing them up in the Falcon, they should give John Williams, Ben Burtt. and Drew Struzan cameos in the movie, just to kill them off. Then the critics can praise it for how it is symbolic of the thesis for the sequel trilogy of "Let the past die, kill it if you have to".
    G-FETT likes this.
  7. G-FETT

G-FETT Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Can't argue with that... :D
  8. Skylo_92

Skylo_92 Jedi Youngling

Mar 5, 2018
    How meta lol
  9. Skylo_92

Skylo_92 Jedi Youngling

Mar 5, 2018
    I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Finn is killed off. Since JJ is back in the fold and he obviously had a hand in putting together the Rey/Finn dynamic in TFA I could definitely see him having Kylo maybe kill Finn to raise the stakes against Rey. Not that I advocate that direction, I could just see that playing out.