main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which book had the worst cover art?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JediYvette , Oct 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    I am voting for Jedi Eclispe

2. 181st Fighter Wing

181st Fighter Wing Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 8, 2000
    Onslaught. It looked like it was painted by a second-grader. Ruin wasn't much better, but at least the ship didn't look like a turd (anyone else get that mental image when you first looked at Onslaught?)!

3. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
  4. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Clock of Deception and Rogue Planet for the simple reason they weren't art but stupid *photos!* :mad:

Oh, and I agree, Onslaught and Ruin weren't very good either. [face_plain]

~*~Bria

5. suncrusherX

suncrusherX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2001
    I like the dt duology. The bfc is well, I can think of plenty of other things for that acronym.

6. Squid11114

Squid11114 Jedi Youngling

Oct 24, 2001
    the crystal star! and i didnt like the book either...

7. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    Dude, TCS has some of Struzan's best work...

I think I have to go with Rebirth. Sorry... :( Luke is just plain ugly, I don't care for Mara's cheesy pregger pose with blaster, and the Vong ships look disgusting and unappealing to my eyes for a book cover.

8. Jedi-Rascal

Jedi-Rascal Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 2001
    Any of the Jedi Apprentice series!

9. Erk

Erk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    I like ruin and onslaugth. It's nice having a book without Luke staring at you!

10. _admiral_kettch_

_admiral_kettch_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 3, 2001
    Definitely Jedi Eclipse. Onslaught was pretty bad, but there was nothing wrong with it. JE's is just...ick.

11. lejmar_faldor_uk

lejmar_faldor_uk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 20, 2000
    JE! I liked dark tide's it is nice to have some pictures of ships not all the characters for a change :)

I also like rebirth, ok Luke is'nt as good as on VP but he looks whats the word *invents new word* Contemplactium! (C)2001 Faldor :D

12. Jaina02

Jaina02 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 1999
    The second book cover for "The Truce at Bakura"- I have the original and that looks decent, but the second one looks plain stupid!

13. Darth Thrawn

Darth Thrawn Jedi Master star 3

Mar 18, 2000
    Children of the Jedi - lukes face looks like he is made out of play-dough

14. ganner_rhysode

ganner_rhysode Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 7, 2001
    Gotta be Rogue Planet.

15. _Tenel_Ka_

_Tenel_Ka_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2001
    what about those YJK books that had Jacen and Jania's faces totally distorted. the cover for "lightsabers" was good though.

16. RikAntinney

RikAntinney Jedi Master

Sep 28, 2001
    AoCII: Jedi Eclipse. Han looks half-wolfman. The first book has a much better likeness of him.

17. Tallie

Tallie Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 26, 2001
    The prize for worst cover art goes, with out a doubt to Rebirth, no exceptions. I mean Luke looks like a truck ran over his head, his nose and eyes are way out of propotion and I don't remember the guy being described as having a huge cleft in his chin, not one that big anyway. And I seriuosly doubt Mark Hamil looks like that now.

Mara isn't at all better, the books describe her as beautiful but she's anything but on this cover, she's got a pin head covered in way too poofy hair and with that huge gun she looks like GI Jane or a female Rambo! The artist should be walking around with a bag on their head for this monstacity! A blank cover would do more for the looks of the book than thin picture does!

18. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Spectre of the Past. Of all of the covers, it's likely the most incorrect. The Bothan was wrong. ;)

19. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    Yes, Genghis, that kinda bummed me too. For a couple years I just told myself, "It's not a Bothan. It's a Diamala. It's not a Bothan. It's a Diamala...", all to no avail...

But Han, Leia and Luke look really good.

Too bad the Preybird fighter is ripped right out of The Last Command Sourcebook. Great originality, Struzan...

20. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    What's wrong with Mara on Rebirth? She looks just perfect to me.

21. Ornitier

Ornitier Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 16, 2000
    I don't like Rebirth either. Mara for me is more like the VotF version, or the comic book Union one. They deciede to go with the picture model of her which I don't particularly think looks nice. Mostly it's the hair that gets to me. However, they seemed to fattten Mara up in geranl to make her looked aged but I thought it was like she was nearly wearing away. I miss the bantam books with their eternally young looking covers... Then they didn't rely so much on these strange color flares on their covers.

22. Nichos_Marr

Nichos_Marr Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    I thought the Yuuzhan Vong on Jedi Eclipse was pretty well drawn, as far as those ugly creatures go :).

My vote would have to go to Onslaught...blech!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.