main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which book is it that Luke and Leia search for information on their mum?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bobakett, Dec 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobakett

Bobakett Jedi Youngling

Mar 1, 2001
    What do they find? I know this book was written before TPM, so obviously they did not find out about Padme and Naboo, etc.

2. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    LUKE searched for info on dear old mommy in the Black Fleet Crisis, but it was nothing more than a wild goose chase.......I didn't really read the books, but that's all I know. They haven't really searched for her for REAL in any books, but there was a rumor that post episode 3 (I think) there might be a book where they find information.

3. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    It was the Black Fleet Trilogy which consisted of Before the Storm, Shield of Lies and Tyrant's Test. Also, it was only Luke who went searching for his mother, Leia was tired of all the mom talk and refused to help Skywalker. All he found was a lady who led him on a wild goose chase and he found nothing.

Ack, Liz beat me to it. :(

Oh well, at least we both used wild goose chase. :p

4. Blue_Ice-Green_Fire

Blue_Ice-Green_Fire Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2002
    I've read The Black Fleet Triology and I did not enjoy it at all [face_plain] Basically, it was a wild bantha chase ( :p ) There's not much of a plot to Luke's part, Leia is kinda OOC, and Lando (who's in this story a lot ) has a kinda intresting part, but I'm just not a Lando fan.

I find it a rather pointless series, us all knowing that Luke isn't going to find his mother. If you've ever watched the deleted scenes in Epi. 2, here's one that's a good example. Obi-Wan takes the toxic dart that Jango shot Zam with to the lab. He goes, they analyze it, and they can't name it. He says "I know who can help me" or something along that lines and off to Dex's diner. He goes in knowing nothing, he comes out knowing nothing. That's how this triology felt to me.

Right, right. I'm done ;)

5. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    I so hope there will be a future, post-NJO book about Leia and Luke finding out about Padme after III comes out.

Otherwise, I will feel so cheated.

6. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    Also,in Tatooine Ghost I think (Though,I havn't read the book yet) that Leia and Han go looking for clues about Shmi,Padme,etc. :)

7. Fire_Light

Fire_Light Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2002
    I think I read somewhere that Luke and Leia know about Padme by the NJO. I think it's in the New Guide to Characters maybe? ?[face_plain]

8. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Also,in Tatooine Ghost I think (Though,I havn't read the book yet) that Leia and Han go looking for clues about Shmi,Padme,etc.

Not quite. Han and Leia are trying to retrieve a painting that has a secret Rebel code. And then they stop by the Darklighter's place (they live where the Lars' lived) and the Darklighters give them Shmi's diary that they found. Leia finds out a little bit about Shmi and Anakin but not much. The diary was started after Anakin left and the last entry was shortly before she was "kidnapped" by the Tuskens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.