main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which book...

Discussion in 'Literature' started by BENSKYWAKER, May 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BENSKYWAKER

BENSKYWAKER Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2005
    Does the Emporer return in...Or is that a comic, if so please fill me in on what happens.

2. JediMasterNicolas

JediMasterNicolas Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 4, 2005
    The Emperor returned in the Dark Empire series's. Dark Empire, Dark Empire II, and Empire's End. I liked em, but alotta people are all "rabble rabble rabble" over Palpatine being ressurected.

Basicly he returns as a clone and wreaks havoc and then is destroyed. The rest I'll let others fill in or you can read for yourself.

3. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    But it's not really that big of a deal anymore, since we have Sith returning in both the Legacy of the Force book series and the Legacy comics.

Dark Empire summary: Palpatine's spirit survived Endor (thanks to something he learned from a Jedi during the Purge), travelled to possess his clones on Byss. Luke surrenders to him and becomes a Sith, since his enemy is undefeatable, he will try and sabotage his plans from within. There are World Devastaors, and the Galaxy Gun. Luke can't leave the Dark Side, Leia redeems him. Something is wrong with Palpatine's clones, he needs new blood. Han shoots the last clone in the back, his spirit goes to possess Leia's baby. But a survivor of the Jedi Purge bonds Palpatine's spirit to his own, and dies. Darth Sidious is finally gone, the remains of his spirit goes to the chaos of the Dark Side (hell), where he is ridiculed by the other long-dead Sith Lords for eternity.

4. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    There's a world of difference between the Sith returning, and Palpatine surviving. I don't think that Legacy really makes Dark Empire any less of a problem in my mind. I'm just going to keep thinking that it's an insane clone :)

5. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Dark Empire...the monochrome watercolor years...

6. Yodas-evil-twin

Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 3, 2005
    Avoid it. For the sake of your own sanity avoid it.

7. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    You're going to think that? Dammit he was an insane clone. That's a fact!

8. DaJames

DaJames Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2000
    It was indeed a comic series, technically three separate miniseries/TPBs (although Empire's End is notoriously hard to locate in TPB form).

Apart from the summaries already presented, there are some pretty in-depth summaries in the New Essential Chronology, which is a good way to check up on some comics that a novel reader may not have read.

It also notable in the latter parts of the series for introducing Kam Solusar, the sole survivor of a band of Jedi Luke attempts to start and becomes kind of Luke's Mace Windu in later parts of the EU (although he is sadly under-used according to many).

9. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    WE NEED AN FAQ THREAD!!!!

(apologies to 000 for stealing his shtick)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.