JCC Which Browser Is Best?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Dark_Lady_Swan, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 7
    So how many hours until there's a zero day exploit discovered in the code? 48? :p
    Last edited by Ramza, Nov 13, 2012
  2. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    Do people bother with those for release candidates? I usually thought people prefer playing with final versions.
  3. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    I use IE9, I hope to get IE10 soon.
    Quite a turnaround in what was the least favoured of the Big 5 browsers not long ago, it's up there with Chrome these days.

Also, with regards to speed, isn't that down to how good your internet connection is? Browsers give you access to the internet but however good they are they'll be slow as **** if you have crappy connection.
    Last edited by SithLordDarthRichie, Nov 13, 2012
  4. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    I feel like with connections these days, rendering speed (lots of complex code out there now) is probably more important than connection speed.
  5. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 7
    Really depends on the pipes, but for the most part, yeah.

Good point. 96. :p
  6. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
  7. Bender666 Jedi Master

star 2
    Is there a 64 bit version of Firefox that supports flash yet?
  8. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    All the computers in my building are going exclusively to Firefox as Internet Explorer will no longer be supported by our system (I learned this after asking permission for either myself or the tech facilitator to upgrade all the browsers, as they are still running IE from two versions ago). And of course as things go, I got a notice on one of the computers today that Firefox needs an upgrade. We use flash so I'm taking a guess that the new version supports it, although I don't know to what level.

I run Chrome on my home PC.
  9. Bender666 Jedi Master

star 2
    That'll probably be the 32 bit version on 64 bit windows. If you open up task manager there'll either be a 32 or a 64 next to the firefox.exe.
  10. honeybadger Jedi Master

star 1
  11. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
  12. darthhelinith Force Ghost

star 5
    Firefox.

Tried Chrome, but it increased the problems I get every so often with my Intel wireless card throwing hissy fits. Firefox just seems to take it in its stride and muscle through it.