main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Which character do you miss the most?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Allana_Rey, Jan 22, 2013.

?

Which character do you miss the most?

1. Anakin Solo

19 vote(s)
    40.4%
  2. Mara Jade Skywalker

22 vote(s)
    46.8%
  3. Chewbacca

6 vote(s)
    12.8%
  1. TychoCorde

TychoCorde Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 3, 2012
    I voted Anakin for mostly the above reasons mentioned. He just was becoming such a great character. I agree that Mara's death sucked, and the writers could have given her a better send off.

I don't think we really need to miss Chewie, some novel before ST will have him smoking a pipe with the natives of Sernpidal, Han will have to go there because maybe some random kidnaps 3PO and they take him there. Chewie will have amnesia and Han will try and get him to remember. The only thing that will trip his memory is seeing a dismantled 3PO on some table and he'll have this eureka moment where he remembers. Han will boot Leia as his copilot and he and Chewie will fly off into a nebula living happily ever after.

Kyris Cavisek likes this.
  2. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Jacen and Mara

3. Jedi_Glover

Jedi_Glover Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 30, 2012
  4. johnrain39

johnrain39 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    Jaxxon, the sentient rabbit smuggler.

Kyris Cavisek likes this.
  5. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I like Mara a lot, but I don't miss her. We've got so many characters in that generation already, and the stories have adapted so well to her absence . . . I never find myself going, "Oh, I wish Mara was tagging around with Luke in this book!" I like Anakin, too, and I wish we had more characters from his generation, but his arc was so solid, his death so well done, that I never really find myself wishing he was back. Ben's stepped into his role well enough. Jacen is the one I miss.

No, my vote is Chewie. I'm fine with his death, but he's a standby, a fundamental part of Star Wars with a great dynamic with Han, and he's the one I do find myself thinking, "It would be nice to have Chewie in this situation. I'd like to see that dynamic."

kataja, rumsmuggler and Kyris Cavisek like this.
  6. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    Anakin, as he was the first of the new generation to die in favor of the old sticking around.

7. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Ben Kenobi, he died in the first story he was in, and it's fun to guess when he's lying and when he isn't.