main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lightsabers & Blasters Which character should be the next Force FX saber?

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by FETT-MAN, Dec 8, 2005.

?

Which character should be the next Force FX saber?

Poll closed Mar 23, 2012.
  1. Yoda

14.3%
  2. Darth Maul

32.9%
  3. Count Dooku

18.6%
  4. Darth Sidious

30.0%
  5. Plo Koon

4.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FETT-MAN

FETT-MAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2005
    If I had my pick I'd go with Darth Maul, go double!

2. darthlrrp

darthlrrp Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 19, 2005
    DM definitely

3. taekwonno

taekwonno Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 2005
    They are already making an Episode III Obi-Wan FX and a Episode I Darth Maul.

I say Sidious.

4. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Since I already know that the Darth Maul is in the works (and that I'll be buying it ;)) I voted for Yoda because I like green sabers and I have small hands. I'd also like to get an Obi-Wan eventually.

~Doc_Bev

5. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    They're already making a Darth Maul? SWEET!!!

6. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Oh yeah! From what I understand it was announced at San Diego ComicCon that it would be double ended with a coupler in the middle to "break" it into 2 pieces.

~Doc_Bev

7. VillieGee

VillieGee Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 30, 2002
    They're only making half of Maul's saber, with a connector piece. You'll have to buy 2 and use the connector to make the full saber.

8. grumpydevil

grumpydevil Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2005
    ^ Weak!

Although I wouldn't have bought it anyway. I'm not a double bladed-saber fan. But here's a photo of it:
    http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=15213&cat=4433

-Kyle

9. VillieGee

VillieGee Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 30, 2002
    That guy looks like such a tool. lol

10. Worm5

Worm5 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 21, 2004
    Yoda'd be kinda cool, but it would suck to have such a small hilt to try to play with. It'd make it impossible to have more than one hand on at a time, and also the shorter blade would suck. I voted Dooku, now THAT is an awesome saber!

11. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    MR said that it'd be a while for a Dooku f/x since the curved hilt would mean changing the electronics a bit.

12. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005
    Personally, I'd rather see more Republc Jedi blades.
    Qui-Gon Jinn
    Ki Adi Mundi
    Adi Gallia/Shaak Ti/Barriss Offee/Aayla Secura
    Saesee Tiin/Luminara Unduli/Jocasta Nu
    Kit Fisto

Those would rock. And I think they'd all be do-able - unlike Yoda's (because of the size) or Dooku's (at this moment) hilt.

-Kyle

13. darth_grida

darth_grida Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 29, 2005
    d like to have a darth maul one, but I agree having all the republic sabers would be very cool!

Darth Grida

14. Daniel_L

Daniel_L Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    Have to take DM

15. juggalo-gigolo

juggalo-gigolo Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2005
    they also said boing yodasa would be next to impossible because of how small it is, it would be impossible to fit the electronics inside the hilt.

16. MorgonKEN-BUR

MorgonKEN-BUR Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 23, 2005
    i say quigon would be the best choice for a new FX, since the shape of the saber would be easy for them to work with, and would proabably stay very close to the actual scale, unlike the luke ROTJ and Ep3 obiwan. And having teh darth maul be 2 seperate sabers is a reallly good idea, not bad one. If it was 200 less people would buy it, and you can always store an 8 foot saber in your house, but 2 seperate ones you could. I want to get them and convert it to an orange blade.

17. darthdefyitall

darthdefyitall Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 15, 2005
    The problem with Yoda, Qui Gon, and Dooku is that either they can't fit the electronics in something small enough (Yoda) or they would have to alter the hilt design too much to make the FX saber work. Dooku's little emmitter hook would actually be inside the blade and MR has said they don't want to alter the designs that much. I think the fat neck's on Luke ROTJ and OWK ROTS are the farthest they will go. Similar problem with Qui Gon; his hilt is rather thin and has those lateral cuts in the black part of the hilt that go all the way to the middle of the saber. I have seen some EL QUi Gon's made by other manufacturer that had that part made of thin metal with cuts in it and you could see the electronics inside. That looked pretty weak to me.

18. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005
    I completely understand the issues with making a Dooku and Yoda Force FX. But if the problem with the creating a Qui-Gonn Force FX is the cuts, I'm sure a little creative energies could be focused and solve that problem fairly quickly. I don't think you need the cuts to bisect (?) the center. Nothing else about the saber seems out of place for the Force FX treatment. In response to the hilt being thin, is it really that much thinner than, say, the original Obi-wan? Or Luke's? It doesn't look so to me.

To be honest, with the rapid improvements to these sabers and the electronics inside, it wouldn't surprise me at all if MR did come up with a sensible way to accomplish Dooku's hilt. Hell, even Yoda's isn't that much of a stretch either. I mean, if it's Yoda's the blade itself would be smaller too. Have you seen the LED kits on eBay that UltraSWG is selling right now? Those look pretty small to me (granted, I haven't actually bought one....yet). Who's to say that we won't be seeing smaller components in the next year that are equal in performance to what is being used today.

Again, I just think that a little bit of creativity can make these a reality.

-Kyle

19. THE-GRAY-GHOST-JEDI

THE-GRAY-GHOST-JEDI Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2005
    i wouldnt mind seeing quinlan vos technically hes canon since u see him for half a second in TPM and hes mentioned in ROTS
    i think the vader ROTJ saber would be really cool too

20. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    I am hoping for ROTJ Luke.

21. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005
    They've already made a ROTJ Luke! :-B

[image=http://www.bothanstation.com/images/luke_fx.jpg]

22. darthdefyitall

darthdefyitall Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 15, 2005
    I'm sure we will. The Maul and OWK FX's at Toy Fair seemed to be the same size yet MR had worked on making the blades more durable.

I'm sure we could see some smaller stuff some day as the tech gets more advanced. I think the main thing holding back size is the sound boards and speakers.

23. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
    Kinda looks like Bill Clinton

24. UltraSWG

UltraSWG Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 20, 2005

25. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    You have all brought up interesting points so far. I can see the problems with the Dooku and Yoda sabers, but that could also be fixed if manufacturers went back to the drawing boards. Personally I think the coolest one would be Sidious because the hilt has that really cool design on it. About the Qui-gon, why didn't I put that on the list? Or even the TPM Obi-wan? Oh well, I was pretty close to putting Aalya Secura, Ki-Adi Mundi, and Kit Fisto, but I thought the more choices the harder. Apparently some of you would like more republic sabers. Oh, and Cernstormrunner, cool signature!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.