Lightsabers & Blasters Which character should be the next Force FX saber?

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by FETT-MAN, Dec 8, 2005.

?

Which character should be the next Force FX saber?

Poll closed Mar 23, 2012.
Yoda 10 vote(s) 14.3%
Darth Maul 23 vote(s) 32.9%
Count Dooku 13 vote(s) 18.6%
Darth Sidious 21 vote(s) 30.0%
Plo Koon 3 vote(s) 4.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Commander-DWH
  1. grumpydevil Jedi Knight

star 3
  2. MorgonKEN-BUR Jedi Knight

star 2
    i completely forgot, but they should do obiwans ep 1 / 2 saber. You might say they would have problems with the similar grips to qui gons, but i bet alot of people would buy it if they could pull it off.
  3. darthdefyitall Jedi Master

star 2
  4. FETT-MAN Jedi Master

star 4
    Interesting plot, Kyle. Strange but interesting. By the way, what's the difference between fx and el?
  5. UltraSWG Jedi Knight

star 2
  6. FETT-MAN Jedi Master

star 4
    Ultra SWG, have you checked your PM's? And what exactly do you mean by 47? Watts? Or something else?
  7. Spencer_P Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm not a big fan of Count Dooku himself, but imagine a Dooku FX saber modified to have a blue blade...
  8. FETT-MAN Jedi Master

star 4
    I must admit that would be nice (even though I've toyed around with a Dooku toy and didn't like the way it handled).
  9. VillieGee Jedi Knight

star 3
    He was kidding. The difference between FX and EL is the same as the difference between a Smith & Wesson and a handgun.

Only MR uses LEDs now instead of EL. So it's not the best analogy. So sue me.
  10. AKD001 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Dooku and Obi Ep I/II, hands down. They have always had a certain appeal. Definitely the better Prequel sabers, IMO. Mace is nice, too... an accurately sized FX (instead of the fatty current MR offering) would be top on my list.
  11. Darth_Phebios Jedi Padawan

Asajj Ventress sabers would be SWEET. Especially since she has twin curved sabers (not as curved as Dooku) that could hook together into an S-shaped dual saber.
  12. Darth_Phebios Jedi Padawan

Is Master Replicas going to make a Darth Sideous FX saber? I don't see why not...
  13. FETT-MAN Jedi Master

star 4
    Assajj Ventress is that bald person off of Clone Wars, right?
  14. USFA Jedi Knight

it would be a sort load of problems to build a yoda or a sids saber due to the fact that they are so small, and they could not fit the electronics, and people will complain like they do about the Obi-wan ROTS, it has to be that size to fit the blade. Although MR has talked about going in to video games for props for 07 as well as Star Wars EU, so I would love to see a Corran Horn Fx, the basic blade is very much like the OBW Fx and is pretty simplist and large enough to fit electronics. As well I would not mind seeing a maybe a orginal design from some character to through out Yellow as a color.
  15. darthdefyitall Jedi Master

star 2
    Quick answer: FX sabers have a string of LEDs in the blade; aloowing the power up/power down sequence. EL sabers have a electroluminescent wire in the blade that glows more uniform but cannot provide the power up/power down effect.
  16. VillieGee Jedi Knight

star 3
    EL can be a sheet too. That's what the first FX sabers were.
  17. FETT-MAN Jedi Master

star 4
    Has anyone looked into Ultra SWG's ultra sabers? I sent a pm to him and haven't gotten a response yet so I thought I'd ask you all.
  18. darthnave Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm pretty sure they wouldn't come out with those sabers mostly because alot of people don't know who they are......no offense.
    Well except for Qui-gon.
  19. darthnave Jedi Master

star 4
    Well actually when Dooku was a Jedi his blade was green not blue. (look on the cover of....I can't find the book...)
    I will tell u when I find it.....Oh wait I found it. It's on the cover of LEGACY OF THE JEDI
  20. Danimaul Jedi Knight

star 1
    Not sure what everyone is talking about on the size limits for the small yoda saber. MR already has all the right sized stuff to make Yoda's saber setup, battery configuration and all. Anyone seen their STING sword from LOTR? They were/are dirt cheap, and the have all the light and sound effects within that nice small hilt. They require two of the more expensive camera 3v about 1/2 the size of a AA, but the hilt is 1/2 the thickness and 2/3 the length of the current MR lightsaber hilts... perfect for Yoda-sized.
    I'm sure Yoda's will be along shortly...
  21. darthnave Jedi Master

star 4
    I thought that Assaj's lightsabers were basically the same as Dooku's accept she had 2.

Oh by the way you didn't here this from me but...I read somewhere that someone said that M R created a small LOTR sword (Frodo's I'm guessing) that also made sound and stuff and he said that it would make sense that they could make a Yoda saber.
  22. darthnave Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay I have 1 question to that.....HUH?!?!
  23. FETT-MAN Jedi Master

star 4
    If you go to his website, I think it's something like ultrasabers.com, you'll see a description about them, and maybe some pics as well. Apparently what he does is replace fx blades with some kind of enhanced EL or LED blade. That way you have the sound and a removable blade... best of all, it's more durable!
  24. sal Jedi Master

star 4
    They cant do a dooku, because the curved part on the emitter would go right throught the blade, and it would need modifing.
  25. darthnave Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually they could do a Dooku lightsaber though they would have to make the hilt longer.
Moderators: Commander-DWH
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.