main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lightsabers & Blasters Which character should be the next Force FX saber?

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by FETT-MAN, Dec 8, 2005.

?

Which character should be the next Force FX saber?

Poll closed Mar 23, 2012.
  1. Yoda

14.3%
  2. Darth Maul

32.9%
  3. Count Dooku

18.6%
  4. Darth Sidious

30.0%
  5. Plo Koon

4.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthnave

darthnave Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 5, 2005
    Maybe they were just translating for him. Man his hilt looks cool. It looks like it was made out of a tree branch. That would definatley make a cool FX lightsaber. Although I don't think it would be impossible.(Except for the wood part.) I don't think they are gonna make one though. And I don't mean the shape. I mean the fact that he wasn't a leading character in the movies.
    What time period did he belong to?

2. darthnave

Sep 5, 2005
    Where is everybody?

3. FETT-MAN

FETT-MAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2005
    Good question. Even in the midst of cyberspace one can find themself alone. Guess I'll move on to the next thread.

4. darthnave

Sep 5, 2005
    Heeeeellooooooooooo? ECHO......ECHO.......echo.....I'm all alone...there's no one here beside me hee.....

5. Gul-Dak-Herann

Gul-Dak-Herann Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2005
    BOOOOOO!!!!:p I'm sorry, did I sneak up on you?

I think this topic is getting a liiitttttle OT.

6. darthnave

Sep 5, 2005
    AAAAAHHHHHhhhhh......

7. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    ... And here I thought I was a nut case8-}...

8. darthnave

Sep 5, 2005
    What? Eveyone should know not to sneak up on a man when he is singing show-tunes.

9. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    [face_whistling]

I wasn't doing anything.

10. darthnave

Sep 5, 2005
    Fine I will go on your word:rolleyes: .

11. Gul-Dak-Herann

Dec 12, 2005
    Yay! Found a place to talk about absolutely anything and boost my post count!;)

12. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    Good idea. (posts message and looks at profile page to check current post record)

13. darthnave

Sep 5, 2005
    Woohoo[face_dancing] . Lets talk about the Rebel Legion and the 501st Legion.

14. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    I wanna join the 501st, but I'm not old enough yet. When I am, I'm joining... either as a Sith Lord or a Bounty Hunter. I don't think I'll spend $400-$600 on armor. The 501st Legion sounds like so much fun! Hmm... notice how the title of this pole says Which character should be the next Force FX saber? and we're talking about organizations [face_thinking] !

15. darthnave

Sep 5, 2005
    Yeah I want to join the 501st also....But I am too young:_| ! I would probably be either an Imperial Officer or an AT-ST/AT-AT pilot.

16. Gul-Dak-Herann

Dec 12, 2005
    I'd be in both, cos I wanna be a Jedi and I want to try my hand at bounty hunting (also, my Matrixy-Jedi clothing I'm hoping to buy could also stand in for a Sith costume.

17. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    Maybe when my friend's old enough he can join the Rebel Legion as Chewie (I'm making him a costume but since it's not going to be screen accurate they probably wouldn't accept it:_| .) I've tried to get help on it here, but they all give me professional answers:oops: ... all I'm doing is a muscle suit, fur suit (leather gloves for hands, feet won't be detailed), buy bowcaster and mask. Mother's making fur suit, both making muscle suit, and I'm making the bandolier. As I said before, this is not supposed to even look professional, if people look at him and say "Look, it's Chewie!" then my job's done:D . Really all I need before I start is the little boxes on the bandolier... the rest shouldn't be too hard. For height all I'm doing is putting wooden planks inside the feet to give him about an inch or so (he's already the tallest person in our 'group' of people). My other friend and I will be custom Jedi (which I'm making this time around!) only if we both get fx sabers[face_praying] . It's just Halloween and we like to have fun[face_pumpkin] .

18. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    An Imperial Officer is usually easier to do than the AT-ST/AT-AT pilot, gotta find or modify a helmet, not so easy.

If it's not screen acurate enough, your Chewie costume you're doing will not be up to Rebel Legion standards, sorry.

You can, however, get away with a lot, with a custom costume Jedi costume. As long as you meet certain criteria as outlined on the Message Forums.

19. darthnave

Sep 5, 2005
    What I was thinking of doing for the AT-AT pilot was buying a Rubies TIE pilot helmet and spray-painting it white. Then getting either a white jumpsuit (If they exist)or just getting a different color and dying that white. Then just get some white lab gloves and white low-cut boots. But yeah an Officer would be easier plus a cool thing to do if I was an Officer would be to befriend some people that are storm troopers (which shouldn't be hard considering the fact that their are over 1,000 storm troopers) and have them folow me around at conventions.

20. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    I don't think the 501st accepts Rubies helmets. At least not for Vader's. Chech their official webpage. I'm going to check the Rebel Legion's for the custom Jedi.

21. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
  22. darthnave

Sep 5, 2005
    What?

Anyway if they don't accept Rubies costumes then the can kiss my cold wet ***. As you guys my know (FETT_MAN and JEDI LOREEN) I don't have the kind of patience to make...well...anything. Especially a helmet or armor. I think I will be an Imp. Officer.
    *WARNING WARNING*: I checked the FAQ for this and it said that if we go off subject they will shut this thing down. But if that happens I will start a new forum. Remeber I will only do that if this thread is shut down.

23. FETT-MAN

Nov 21, 2005
    Since I'm the one who posted this pole I've been debating whether or not to lock it myself... but I've been having fun so I haven't yet. Dang though, the Rebel Legion sounds cool. One question though, if Tusken Raiders were 'bad guys' how come they're in the Rebel Legion? I knew they were in the 501st, but it makes no sense to feature them in a club of 'good guys'.

24. grumpydevil

grumpydevil Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2005
    ^- The point of closing threads is so that we (as a Costuming Discussion Group) don't have off-topic posts - so that if someone is looking for legitimate information (which most of these threads contain), they can easily find it.

If you want to talk about the 501st and the Rebel Legion and no one else has started one (just make sure to look in the post called "READ THIS FIRST -- Welcome to the Forum and Thread Index"), try starting a thread for that. It's very easy to start a thread here and I'm sure that people will post relevant information.

brook_33 was just trying to keep the post on-topic. He was answering "Maul" because the title of the thread is "Which character should be the next Force FX saber?"

Please do keep your posts on topic. The moderaters here do a bang up job of making sure that this boards stays a fount of information, and I think that anyone who is really beginning or already knee-deep into costuming can really appreciate that.

-Kyle

25. darthnave

Sep 5, 2005
    ^Where have you been?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.