main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Which classic character do you most want to see?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by fistofan1, Jun 25, 2011.

?

Which classic character do you most want to see?

Poll closed Jun 30, 2011.
  1. Darth Maul

20.0%
  2. Jan Dodonna

46.7%
  3. Kendal Ozzel

33.3%
  4. Han Solo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Lando Calrissian

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Raymus Antilles

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Since Admiral Ackbar is pretty much confirmed for Season 4, which other classic characters do you most want to see in TCW?

I picked Kendal Ozzel. he made an appearance in the TCW comics and I really like how they portrayed him: corrupt and arrogant. He would serve as the embodiment of the "dark side" of the Republic.

2. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    None of the above. Why make a pool when there are so many choices aside from those?

3. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Jan Dodonna- but you're missing many- Rieekan, Owen and Beru at least- maybe Vanden Willard, Evazan or Ponda Baba could appear also ....

4. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Of those ones, Ozzel. Another not-so-honourable Republic officer is fine by me.

5. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Ozzel. Dark Republic officer sounds good in the series.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Yep, Ozzel. But Jerjerrod would be a good one as well.

No Darth Maul. Please. Obi-Wan chopped him in half, the end.

I'm not sure I'd mind seeing Han and Lando but only if there would be a point to seeing them as small children.

7. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    None of the above.

8. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Where is the no one selection? :p

I would choose Dodonna since it's the only fine choice, or if Needa was on the list, but not sure.

9. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    ^What's wrong with Ozzel?- he already appears in EU-comics as major... but i want to see future rebel in republic midsts rather than more imperials..... well we see Ackbar but he is not in navy or army, but local forces it seems....

10. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    By classic, do you mean OT or PT? As you have Maul in the selection, I'm guessing you mean both, but there are a whole load of PT characters who could more readily appear in the series.

My top choices are Panaka, Ric "Captain Obvious" Olie and Sly Moore. All of the above are way down my list. Dodonna wins by default.

11. fistofan1

Dec 8, 2009
    By "classic" I just meant a character from a SW film.

Sorry about the poor selection, guys, I guess I didn't think the poll through enough. :oops:

12. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    It's not your fault, those people were just refusing to play the game.

13. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    I find it weird that Ozzel is leading the poll.

I'd like Owen and Beru, Lando, Han, Darth Maul, probably in that order.

14. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Filoni don't want Han- so no Han is coming.... but you can hope for it still of course....

15. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    ^If Lucas wants Han, I think he'd get Han. Not that I'm dying to see him, but I'm not all against it either.

16. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    2 votes for Maul? What is this madness :oops:

17. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    I never found Ozzel, who "is as clumsy as he is stupid", to be particularly dark.

He was played by the same actor who portrayed Adolf Hitler in the Last Crusade, so he does have a certain sleazy look about him.

18. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Lando Calrissian. He could appear as a cameo if they ever do an arc on the Calrissian family.

By the way, why is everyone choosing Dodonna? What's so special about him? All he did was brief people and that's it.

19. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    I'm sure the reasoning is that he actually served in the Clone Wars so appearing in TCW would be natural.

Han and Lando are just kids out there in the galaxy.

20. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Besides the ones we got, which is acceptable, the only ones we should be getting from now on are Republic/Empire officers.*

I wouldn't mind Ozzel, Dodonna etc.

Absolutely not, hell no, no thanks to Lando and Han.

*I'm not counting Maul among this, because I expect his appearance to be in the form of a holocron or something of that effect.

21. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    I'd rather see more original characters than squeezing in more fan bait myself.

Classic characters run the risk of being portrayed completely wrong, especially when they have been in the fan conciousness for so long that everyone has their own expectations of how said character would act in a paticular situation.

Original characters don't run that risk, and you can pretty much do what you like with them (Within reason of course). An episode based around completely original characters, with no phoned in cameos or throwaway references to established characters, would be very nice to see.

22. fistofan1

Dec 8, 2009
    I actually have a feeling that Maul will be alive if he indeed has an appearance in TCW. George Lucas has recently given off an "If I want it, I get it!" vibe, so the TCW crew probably wouldn't get much wiggle room. :p

23. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    @Lurker- that's exactly why we need to see who he is- in OT he only briefed people but if we know learn to know him from TCW- it adds much to OT IMO.....
    we need to see different republic officer - one who doesn't turn to 'evil imperial' just like that- someone with enough spine to see when republic he served is lost and is turned to Empire that needs to be destroyed even if that means he has to leave his position and duty....

that's why i want to see Dodonna....