main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Which Climatic Wars From The 5 STAR WARS Is Your FAV?

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by bobafett81, Oct 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    Which of the 5 battles is your FAV?

Battle For Naboo

Geonosis Clone War

Death Star I - Yavin

Battle Of Hoth

Death Star II - Endor

VOTE NOW!!!!!!!!

2. BenK

BenK Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 26, 2002
    I think you have to split up the wars even more as 2 of them (Naboo and Endor) consist of 2 separate battles, on land and in space.

My vote would be for the Endor space battle in ROTJ.

Hopefully we'll get to see prototype tie-fighters and star destoyers in Ep III and see another huge space battle... after all, the Clone Wars can't be all fought on land...

3. TK-625

TK-625 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2002
    Old School, without a doubt the battle at Yavin with the first Death Star.

4. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    I still like the hoth battle. With AT-ATs and snowspeeders.
    But I also like the Endor battle with the whole of the Alliance fleet and the imperial sector fleet flagshipped by the EXECUTOR.
    COOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!

5. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    How come no one mention Geonosis war... I really LOVE the Clone Wars!

6. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Death Star II - Endor is my choice. ;)

And my brother's favourite part is the part when the A-Wing Crash into the Exercutor. :_|

"Intensify firepower! I don't want anything to get through!"
    "Aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrhhhhhh"
    "Intensify firepower!"
    "Too late!!!"
    *Boom!*

7. Undomiel_Kenobi

Undomiel_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2002
    Muje Clone War Pasand hai!!!
    i love clne war!!!

8. bluebereft

bluebereft Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2002
    The clone wars... any of them.

9. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    well hard to say, i love the original trilogy wars. but i'd have to say that i love space Battle of Endor the best. with my alter ego(lando) leading the battle. he's so way coooooooool. *sigh*

i dunno but maybe the new ones have too much colour and 3d effects in them, doesnt capture the true sw war/battle feel

/me shrugs

10. bluebereft

Oct 15, 2002
    On the contrary, Faiz.

I think the original triology wars have too little colour/special effects. It just isn't 'big' enough.

11. xeno_kenobi

xeno_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2002
    The Battle of Endor In Space

12. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    well the original trilogy may have lesser effects and colour, but if u've noticed, it didnt need excessive effects and colours lik now to capture at least more then twice the amount of fans that would watch starwars for the first time.

all i can say is, although the saber duels were much more improved, one can still say its too flamboyant and fancy. lesser fanciness would be better sometimes. but of coz to attract today's kids, much has to be done.

personally i think lucas screwed the new episodes by rewriting a LOT of facts. for that matter i've still not forgiven him and i've even lost my faith in him. i mean look at epi2, i prefered epi1 even.

anyway, i still say the original trilogy is the best.

of coz if ur still not happy with my view, one can always think that in this world, there are many views and opnions, and none of them is right or wrong unless its concerned with the law or my religion. =)

13. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Hai . . . I still can't go over the fact that Owen is NOT OB1's brother. :_|

14. bluebereft

Oct 15, 2002
    Makes sense, Faiz.

Well, to each his own.

15. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    Yah Faiz is right. E2 is quite bad. u know the part wher obi1 is in kamino talking to lama su , he isn't looking at lama su at all. all i can say is e2 is very badly done.

16. Elbak_Ohn

Elbak_Ohn Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2002
    I hope i can vote for two.

the Clone Wars scene in EpII was excellent. It was the first truly vast land battle we've seen. none of the other episodes so far have had this sort of scene.

the battle of Endor (space) was also a favourite, especially with the Executor in it...

EpII wasn't that flashy...i watched the original trilogy and i'm convinced that the newer movies just tell the story, aside from the fact that the story itself involved a big land battle. Lucas had to express it, after all...

17. Kintales

Kintales Jedi Youngling

Dec 5, 2002
    Hmmm... difficult decision this one is. Agree I am that 2 battles be chosen rather than one.

Battle of Yavin a classic it is with the attack of the first Death Star. The advance of Vader's TIE fighters on the X-wings really brings back memories ;and of course the-Force-is-strong-in-this-one Luke's trust in the Force resulted in the destruction of the first Death Star.

Battle on Geonosis is rather good as well. Exhilarating it is to see for the first time the many Jedi's that fought in this particular battle. Jango's confrontation with Mace Windu (although rather violent for some young audiences), simply give me a rush.

18. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    imo jango taking on mace windu was plain stupid. i mean, so what if he's one of the best bounty hunters? mace windu is a jedi, and jango is, well, still just an ordinary human being. and its dumb to 'shoot' lasers at jedi, knowing very well they can deflect the bolts away, if not back at the shooter. even boba fett in the original trilogy wasnt THAT stupid(well maybe a little, since he fell into the pit of carkoon)

and as much as i disliked some parts of epi2, i have to agree that the many jedis on the battlefield sure gave me a rush as well, that seemed to be the onli interesting massive scale battle. funny lucas made it look so big, as compared to ESB when the empire was much bigger, and they onli sent a few AT-ATs to take on the rebel base on hoth, i think lucas is losing his touch...heh.

19. Kintales

Kintales Jedi Youngling

Dec 5, 2002
    Bigger Jango's head might have become after he nailed Coleman Trebor; so much so that his brain is pressing into his helmet restraining him from logical thinking :p

20. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    Hi,I from SCF forum remember?

21. Kintales

Kintales Jedi Youngling

Dec 5, 2002
    Hello there Jedi Padawan Xeno :p A SW fan like myself aye. May the Force be with u young Padawan :p

22. Peacekeeper

Peacekeeper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 29, 2001
    the Old republic had thousands of jedi....
    the whole purpose of the genosis scene was to kill 95% of the jedi that went to rescue Obi-wan and anakin...

23. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    May The Force Be With You too...

24. Faiz

Jun 1, 2002
    95% your head. dun make me bitchtightslap u, lol

25. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Haha Faiz is right. I can vouch for that. [face_laugh]