main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which Clone War is Canon? - Version II

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Mortimer_Nerdly, Apr 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mortimer_Nerdly

Mortimer_Nerdly Jedi Master star 5

Sep 19, 2002
    I redirected my original thread here, from the AOTC Forum.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, since the events of the Clone Wars that lie between Episodes II and III are explained mostly in the EU, which Clone War has the most canon?

I. Star Wars: The Clone Wars?

II. The Republic and Confederacy missions of Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns?

OR

III. The Clone Wars animated series on Cartoon Network?

After careful consideration, the choice with the most canon, IMHO, has to be the stuff from SW: GB: CC.

Feedback anyone?

Mortimer_Nerdly! :cool:

2. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    As nothing contradicts, the entire "Clone Wars" publishing campaign (including the books, games, and comics) is canon. ;)

Additionally, all genres thereof are equally canononical, as they provide the same level of EU material as anything else (books, games, and comics from other "eras"). ;) :)

Ken Kenobi- And you have a nice day ;)

3. Mortimer_Nerdly

Sep 19, 2002
    Sorry! Double-post! My bad!

4. Mortimer_Nerdly

Sep 19, 2002
    I see. So that is the way it is, huh? Cool.

5. lexu

lexu Force Ghost star 6

May 28, 2002
    I think that they purposefully stayed very nonspecific when dealing with the Clone Wars in the EU. I can hardly say that I've read/played/seen everything that's been published on the topic, but I've never seen anything that blatantly contradicts something else.

If there is, in my mind at least, I'll go with whatever fits in the best with the movies.
    ;)

6. lightsaber_wielder

lightsaber_wielder Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2002
    On this topic, can somebody please explain how the meeting between Dooku and Tann in the Confederacy campaign of GB, plus the encounter with them in the Republic one, fit into the movie without contradiction? ?[face_plain]

7. Mortimer_Nerdly

Sep 19, 2002
    Sev'Rance Tann was Count Dooku's finest General. She was a messed up Jedi, like Dooku himself. Tann could probaby have fitted into Episode II, but she wouldn't really do anything special.

8. A-WingsRule

A-WingsRule Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    Yeah, I'll go for GB. Pity Sev'Rance had to die, she would have made a nice change from all the DDS maniacs we have at the moment.

And why isn't GB on the CW timelines!!! :(

9. Mortimer_Nerdly

Sep 19, 2002
    It should be on the timelines. Like I stated above, it has the most canon out of the three choices I provided.

EDIT: SW: GB: CC is a mad-ass game! You have to play it! ;)

10. JediMasterBigHungry

JediMasterBigHungry Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2001
    Well considering Mace Windu in AOTC said:

"They are just now coming back from Ansion"

And that was in the book that takes place right before AOTC I guess that makes it canon. So, if that's "canon" then it all is. So Luke really does act like a little boy in the NJO when dealing with Mara and that is canon!!!! Great! I just love having the most powerful Jedi of the time acting like a little boy with his wife who IMO is the worst character in the EU.

Just my 2 cents...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.