main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which Clone Wars Set to buy

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Toddzle, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Toddzle

Toddzle Jedi Master

Nov 15, 1998
    [​IMG] $75 VS [​IMG]$112

I decided to finally go pick up the entire seasons 1-5 any tell me the difference here...or maybe just their preference?

Thanks
    HACK

2. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Going by what Amazon lists, it seems the non-Collector's box is a region-free import from outside the US, while the Collector's box uses the Region A/1 for its blu-ray discs.

3. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I'd wait for the complete release, no point in buying that right now

4. lowell

lowell Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 11, 2014
    Wait, until Lucasfilm gets through with the Clone Wars Legacy, it'll be at least one or two more years before Disney will release Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Complete Stories box set (all stories in chronological order). If they got the right to have Seasons 1-5 episodes on Netflix along side the Lost Missions, then they practically have the rights to distribute those episodes on Blu-Ray without any problems from Warner Bros. The problem why they didn't do a box set after the release of the Lost Missions on Blu-Ray and DVD was because the show is still practically going on through the Clone Wars Legacy project. I feel it's similar to the Marvel Cinematic Universe with its phases. For example, so far we've had Son of Dathomir as a comic, the Utapau and Bad Batch arcs as story reels, and next week, the novel adaptation of the Dark Disciple episodes. To me, Dark Disciple is the end of a phase (Phase 1). More stories will come.

Watto likes this.
  5. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    isnt there some problems with rights regarding seasons 1 -5 which could prevent this release from ever happening. I had been umming and ahhring for ages in purchasing the clone wars in one set rather than individual seasons, but eventually caved in when it I read the possibility of the complete saga (TCW) never actually happening.

6. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    Wow, I actually really like the look of that first one -- didn't even know it existed. But I'd go with the last one, which I have.

As I usually want the definitive version of everything, I doubt we'll be seeing "The Complete Stories" anytime soon. But of course, if we did, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

7. JBFett007

JBFett007 Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 23, 2014
    Neither. I'd watch it on Netflix :p

8. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I would advise to wait for a complete season 1-7, box set, but seeing as it's been so long since Season 6 ended, and it still hasn't been released in the UK...

I guess if you have a compatible player, one of those box sets, and the season 6 dvd, would be complete enough.

9. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    Until it's pulled when you're half-done watching. :p

10. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015

There is no seventh season.

11. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Can Disney do a "for reals complete" set or is CW movie & S1-5 going to stay with WB? Of course, we live in a world of a complete Bond box set and a complete Terminator box set so anything is possible.

I still haven't bought CW complete because I keep hoping there will be some sort of true mega-collection eventually, or I just get the S1-5 boxset and ducttape "the lost missions" set beside it.

12. lowell

lowell Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 11, 2014
    I really think the rights for the Clone Wars movie and seasons 1-5 episodes is allowed to be re-released by Disney since they were put together on Netflix with the Lost Missions. It is technically Lucasfilm's property so since Disney acquired them, it is theirs.

Everyone, please re-read this post on Star Wars.com: <http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-the-lost-missions-now-on-netflix>

Star Wars: The Clone Wars – The Lost Missions Now on Netflix

UPDATE: The Lost Missions, the highly anticipated final season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, is now available on Netflix. Go deep into these essential new installments with StarWars.com’s episode guides, featuring detailed story synopses with stunning screenshots, concept art, and trivia.

Exclusive Licensing Agreement with The Disney/ABC Television Group Brings Star Wars Content to Netflix Streaming Members for the First Time

The Galactic Republic, Disney/ABC Television Group, Lucasfilm, and Netflix Inc. today announced the highly anticipated debut of the sixth and final season of the Emmy(r) Award-winning series Star Wars: The Clone Wars exclusively to Netflix members in the US and Canada on Friday, March 7. Accompanying the 13-episode new season dubbed “The Lost Missions” will be the entire Star Wars: The Clone Wars saga, which includes several director’s cut episodes never seen on TV as well as the feature film. This multi-year agreement also makes Netflix the exclusive subscription service for the entire Star Wars: The Clone Wars series.

In these eagerly anticipated episodes of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, some of the deepest mysteries of the conflict between the light and the dark sides of the Force are revealed. An intrepid clone trooper discovers a shocking secret, Anakin Skywalker’s closest relationship is tested to its limits, and what Master Yoda discovers while investigating the disappearance of a Jedi could forever change the balance of power in the galaxy. Fans will not only be able to watch the thrilling finale, they’ll be able to see more of Star Wars: The Clone Wars than ever before as Netflix will also stream the director’s cut of seasons one to five.

Star Wars is one of the most iconic franchises of all time and this series joins a long line of Disney content that Netflix members are and will continue to enjoy for years to come,” said Ted Sarandos, Netflix chief content officer. “The Clone Wars marks an important moment as Netflix welcomes more and more first-run content from The Walt Disney Company and its subsidiaries.”

Star Wars: The Clone Wars is the first time any Star Wars content has been available for Netflix streaming members. The deal follows a recent announcement from Netflix and The Walt Disney Company to bring multiple original series based on Marvel characters to the service in 2015. Netflix will be the exclusive US subscription television service for first-run, live-action, and animated movies from the Walt Disney Studios including titles from Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Disneynature, and Lucasfilm beginning in 2016. Netflix members can currently enjoy a wide range of Disney, ABC Entertainment Group and Disney Channel films and TV shows across the 41 countries where Netflix operates.

Read the highlighted parts, see no mention of Warner Bros. When Disney acquired Lucasfilm, these rights for it to be broadcasted slowly ended. The cancellation of Clone Wars has allowed fans to return to the time of rebellion and empires. This is just a part of what Lucasfilm and Disney had to do to push us into the light in anticipating the Sequel Trilogy but it is nearly over half a century from the Prequel Trilogy so Rebels became the bridge into bringing us back into the Original Trilogy plus the relaunch of the Star Wars universe in order to connect the saga through unification. There was just so many EU stories that couldn't bridge the saga together without a reorganization with new points of adjustments to George Lucas's work on Star Wars in 35 years. Plus Disney will eventually collect all of Star Wars: The Clone Wars in a chronological collection when all of the Clone Wars Legacy and a few other stuff bridging Episode II to the Battle of Christophsis. The Clone Wars' stories would never apply to fans if the EU were canon. The Clone Wars Legacy was also a way for Clone Wars fans to be introduced to Star Wars comics and books, along with story reels. People who had never read the comics or novels probably loves Son of Dathomir and eagerly waiting for Dark Disciple now and probably got intrigued to try other novels and comics. Like how the Journey to the Force Awakens is helping those fans transition into more deeper Star Wars canon lore and still satisfying fans who loved the EU and the new canon. The delay is for The Force Awakens which is eagerly anticipated way before the Prequels and Clone Wars. But those who are getting used to Rebels and the new Canon, you also will expect Clone Wars legacy content to come out once in a while.

13. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Well, The Bad Batch is technically the season 7 opener.

And finale. For now.

14. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015

Lost missions was 13 episodes

Utapau arc+bad batch = 8 episodes 13+3 = 21

and weren't there usually 21 episodes in one season though..

15. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    We don't know for sure the exact episode numbers for each season, but Bad Batch was confirmed as the Season 7 opener.

I think that the Bounty hunter arc would have made season 6 the right length, but we still aren't seeing that for some reason.