main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which Dark Side mechanics do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Blithe, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blithe

Blithe Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2003
    Nothinng of the sort was ever revealed as an absolute fact from an out-of-universe, narrative perspective. You only had character's opinons and justifications of their own actions from the novels. There was nothing in the external narrative that corraborated their view-point as fact, so there's nothing to say this was revealed as any sort of revelation.

Secondly, there were already existing sources that a) showed these character's newfound "revelations" or "teachings" to be identical to that of the Sith, and b) state from an out-of-universe perspective that Force-users with those beliefs eventually fall to the Dark Side if not stopped, so your point is mute.

2. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
  3. Blithe

Jun 24, 2003
    POTJSB, TOTJSB, and Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter.

4. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    All of those are "in-universe" sources, and the "out-of-universe" argument was that Vergere's philosophy was different from the Potentium Heresy detailed in the PotJ sourcebook.

We're both in agreement that her theory was eventually debunked, and rightly so. I thought it was utter crap then, and time has vindicated me. However, don't fault the game designers for coming up with a mechanic for what was accepted at the time.

Again, at the time it was official, but in hindsight it was bantha poodoo.

5. Blithe

Jun 24, 2003
    Huh? The POTJSB is an in-universe source? Also -- I was using Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter as my source for Vergere's beliefs/teachings being identical to Palpatine's based on Palpatine's own inner monologue, not a narrative.

The Dark Empire Sourcebook also reveals Palpatine's views on the Force to identical to Vergere's.

6. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000

7. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    la la lah, la la lah, laa laa laa lah laaaaaaaaa!
    [face_peace] PEACE![face_peace]
    la la lah, la la lah, laa laa laa lah laaaaaaaaa!
    <cue trumpets>
    <cue end credits>

<cue poster of this message ducking & running for cover>

[face_worried]

8. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
  9. Blithe

Jun 24, 2003
    :confused: I'm totally confused, now, J_M. Whatever -- forget it; I'm helping derail my own thread, anyway.

I'll just join in on the group hug.

[:D]

:p

10. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    OK, so...
    Getting back on track: Does anyone want to throw in their 2 centi-credits on which Dark-Side mechanics he or she prefers?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.