Gd Rapids, MI Which date is everyone available for the Whitecaps game for 2008?

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by stiger1, Oct 1, 2007.

?

Which date is everyone available for the Whitecaps game for 2008?

Poll closed Oct 8, 2007.
Saturday, June 28th 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Saturday, July 12th 0 vote(s) 0.0%
either day works 7 vote(s) 100.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stiger1 Chapter Rep Grand Rapids, MI

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Brent would like the GRFF input on when to have the Whitecaps game in 2008.

Here is what Brent posted at the MWG.

Mickey from The Whitecaps contacted me today and wants to lock in a Saturday date for the 2008 Whitecaps Star Wars night.. no other details were discussed, but he wants to settle on a date so they can get it printed on their pocket schedules and incorporate into their '08 promotional campaign... please take a moment and choose which date will work best for you in 2008...

Saturday, June 28th

or

Saturday, July 12th

There are no other dates during the Whitecaps' '08 schedule that will work so we need to decide on one of these two days... The July 12th date will fall on the same weekend as the event from this past summer...

This poll will run for 7 days...
    Once it's done, I'll provide the 'winning date' to Mickey... and hopefully everybody can mark that day down in their 2008 calendar...

I know this is a long ways off... but the Whitecaps consider this event as one of the "crown jewels" of their summer Saturday schedule...

Feel free to open a discussion about it if anybody feels that's needed..

Thanks,
    Brent
  2. lovelucas Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm afraid I'll jinx it by voting for one date over the other - then it will rain or be 95 degrees and humid.
    and it's so far off that unless someone has reserved a hot spot at Grand Haven or other west coast paradise I would assume that either date would work for most..

which doesn't help Brent... but...at this point either date is fine by me. Need to check with my meteorologist son or the Farmer's Almanac.

and hate to use a pun here - but....we've had great weather two times so, is it (drum roll please) 3 strikes and you're out?

and how are we going to top the rocking National Anthem from last year? Brien, that was AMAZING!

3. Count_Scoobith Jedi Knight

star 3
    I put either..... as well... I'll mark them both down!!! :)

I CAN'T MISS IT 3 TIMES CAN I!!!! :( :_|

I have to make it once in my life time, will this be the year??? [face_praying]
  4. jabba974 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I think we should do both!
  5. StarscreamPrime Jedi Master

star 4
    My vote goes for either, for I'm all for "representing" either game. [face_laugh]
  6. stiger1 Chapter Rep Grand Rapids, MI

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    *In her best Emperor voice.* "You must choose your side."[face_laugh]
  7. StarscreamPrime Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, since I can't vote again, I'll merely... suggest.

*Waves his hand as he talks*

The June 28th. game sounds more interesting...

:D
  8. stiger1 Chapter Rep Grand Rapids, MI

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Whoops, I was referring to you being undecided on what side of the force you want to make your costume. I should of said that instead of quoting you. My bad!!!
  9. StarscreamPrime Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_laugh] No worries.

I'll have to factor it in with my eventual move savings, along with... shudder... the upcoming major holiday season, but I'll see to funneling bits and pieces out to work on my costume. And yes, I have decided to go Imperial for my first self-costume run. :D The group shall eventually have their own General Veers, ready for Hoth action.
  10. stiger1 Chapter Rep Grand Rapids, MI

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    =D=[face_dancing]

Are we sure the holidays are upon us with this weather?
  11. stiger1 Chapter Rep Grand Rapids, MI

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Saturday, June 28th won over Saturday July 12th at the MWG but either date won the poll. It was decided whichever date won the poll that would be the date of the event so mark your calendar for Saturday, June 28th. I have updated the future event sticky also.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.