Toronto Which day would you prefer to see the Jays game?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Adam-the-Indifferent, Apr 21, 2004.

?

Which day would you prefer to see the Jays game?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
May 8 vs. White Sox 3 vote(s) 37.5%
May 9 vs. White Sox 1 vote(s) 12.5%
May 15 vs. Boston 0 vote(s) 0.0%
May 16 vs Boston 2 vote(s) 25.0%
May 29 vs Rangers 0 vote(s) 0.0%
May 30 vs. Rangers 2 vote(s) 25.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Master

star 4
  2. DARTH2-D2 Jedi Master

star 4
    I picked May 8 cuss that weekend is my only days off in this list
  3. grey_starr Jedi Master

star 4
    Just to note... I'm not really picky on the weekend, 'cept I prefer a Saturday... Should have allowed multiple choices...
  4. Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Master

star 4
    If the dates don't matter, just post below so we know - I don't think I can allow multiple answers.

Also, it's a bit redundant but could you also post a message with which date you'd prefer, as well as the poll. That way we know who to expect as well.
  5. TheGrandePoobah Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm not picky on which day it is... however I was expecting to plan some sort of anniversary thing for the weekend of the 14/15/16th. Not that the ball game couldn't be part of that... just wanted to mention.
  6. Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Master

star 4
    I just called the group sales department and they said we'd need 20 people to get the group discount. Otherwise, we should notify them about 2 weeks in advance to try and secure an area with enough seats for all of us.

So, by the end of next week it would be nice to know our numbers and can go ahead and purchase them. I should mention that this event is open to anyone who wants to go.

7. Duker_Duck Jedi Master

star 4
    Throw me in, dates aren't an issue with me.
  8. sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Master

star 4

May 9th! It's my birthday! ^_^
  9. Lelila Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, where do we want to sit?
    I think it would make more sense to buy tickets the day of the game as opposed to ordering them early. (Unless group rates only work in advance). I'm just saying that because if we buy a block in advance and then someone decides they can come at the last minute than they can still be sure to sit with the group. And it's not as though we have to worry about them selling out or anything.
    Just my $0.02.
  10. TheGrandePoobah Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm with Deb, if we are going for cheap seats, I don't think sitting together will be much of a problem... wasn't last time we did this.

Getting seats together would probably only be a problem down in the better seats, especially at field level (100 level?).
  11. Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Master

star 4
    That's a good point. I'll still give them a call in a few weeks just to check if they think it'll be an issue. It probably won't be though.

As for seating, I figured anywhere on the 500 level - where the $9 tickets are. Wherever we can get seats for us all.

Should be a fun afternoon. Looking forward to it!
  12. Styrofoam_Guy FF City Rep Toronto, ON Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Eeep busy month for me. Weddings and other commitments. Hopefully it is ona day I can make it.

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

13. Arsinoe Jedi Knight

star 3
    :( Can't go, I'm working every weekend in May.
  14. Lelila Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't know if I'll even have a job by then so I can't say which days would work and which wouldn't.
  15. JediJeff13 Jedi Master

star 4
    Only pick a day against the White Sox if you like to watch the Jays lose.

:D
  16. Woofer Jedi Master

star 4
    Ha! You can watch the Jays lose everyday now!

Its a trick they stole from Detroit I think ;)
  17. Lelila Jedi Master

star 4
    I'd prefer to go on the 8th or 9th - I might be in London the following weekend.
  18. Spiderfan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Man I miss the good old days with the Jays...you know when they weren't the worst team in Baseball. But the fan I am I just can't say no to them. The issue isnt the day but rather the team for me. I always find the closer the rivalry the better the game. My best experience was against Boston a team I love to hate. I would love to see the Jays try to whoop em a little.
  19. Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Master

star 4
    If there's anyone else out there who hasn't voted but is interested in going, please do so asap. I'm going to stop the poll Monday night. Please post as well so we know who to expect at the event. Thanks.

20. Anakin_Padme4ever Force Ghost

star 6
    I chose the May 30th game, but as of right now, I think I may able to make it to any of the days you pick. I just don't know about this weekend, tho...I didn't realize until now that it was this coming weekend that was May 8.

It's like a totally forgot...but any other day should be all right for me. :)
  21. Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Master

star 4
    Hopefully you can still make it, but the May 8th won out in the poll. I'll be starting an 'official' event thread in a moment. My net has been down and I haven't had time to do it sooner.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.