main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Which death has saddened you the most? Can any future one top it?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Kuestmaster, Apr 25, 2016.

?

Which main character death saddened you the most?

1. Qui-Gon Jinn

11 vote(s)
    6.5%
  2. Padme Amidala

16 vote(s)
    9.5%
  3. Mace Windu

3 vote(s)
    1.8%
  4. Obi-Wan Kenobi

5 vote(s)
    3.0%
  5. Yoda

13 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. Anakin Skywalker - Darth Vader

33 vote(s)
    19.6%
  7. Palpatine

3 vote(s)
    1.8%
  8. Han Solo

84 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Kuestmaster

Kuestmaster Jedi Master star 2

Nov 17, 2012
    Which Star Wars main character death has upset, frustrated and/or saddened you the most?

For me it has to be Han's, no doubt. I knew it was coming, I was trying to be prepared, but seeing Solo again and being able to spend time with him after all those years and then seeing him being murdered by his bloody son... That was too much.

Ford's TFA acting was some of the best he has done in years, he was better than in ROTJ and made us remember why we all loved and care for Han in the OT.

I don't think any future death can surpass the feeling that I won't be seeing Han again in the Falcon or with Chewie. If/when Luke dies it will be sad, no doubt, but he's a jedi and at some point I'm pretty sure he'll come back as a force ghost.

What are yours?

2. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    I voted Padme just because of the funeral scene.

xezene and B99 like this.
  3. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    Han Solo of course, like any of the big 3. And Luke's death would be the most terrible death for me.

4. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    [​IMG]

First experiencing the film as a child, the fate of Owen and Beru was a very sad, very ugly affair. But Ben Kenobi's sacrifice was the first SW death that resounded deep within me. Watching Han Solo being slaughtered by his own son was very affecting, yes. But it's still Ben.

Might any future death "top" the feeling of sadness mingled with inspiration I still feel to this day during this scene? I suppose there's only one I can imagine.

But I don't want to see it happen.

Django Fett likes this.
  5. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    The Rancor.. That face.. :_|

[​IMG]

6. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Honestly, none of these. Don't hate me guys.

7. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    and his best friend mourning. :_|
    [​IMG]

8. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    That's ok, just don't expect me to cry over ur death...

The Legions of Lettow and temtam like this.
  9. loststars

loststars Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2016
    Anakin and Darth Vader dying made me sad for different reasons. Seeing Anakin fall and turn into someone so horrible is always really sad, especially the Obi-Wan speech. That kills me every time. Vader is sad because of how sad Luke gets when he dies.

and for Padme it makes me really sad but mostly because George screwed her character over so bad in the last 2 movies and I just want to scream about him on the internet for taking someone so strong in TPM and making her die over a broken heart or whatever at the end.

Generational Fan likes this.
  10. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    What about the poor younglings.

Sudooku and jaqen like this.
  11. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Christ, chill out dude.

12. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Sarcasm BTW

13. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    The death of Boba Fett was a bit underwhelming

B99 likes this.
  14. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Boba went out like a total punk.

Rimfaxe96 likes this.
  15. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    He didn't die....

Django Fett likes this.
  16. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Great topic.

This was a tough one for me. I couldn't really decide between Padme, Yoda or Anakin. In the end I voted Yoda. Although he went peacefully and he was very old, I couldn't shake the idea that after all he's given the galaxy all his life, he was never able to see it return to the peace it once knew. He died while things were perhaps at their worst. And yes he came back as a Force ghost, but then again-you could say that about almost any of the Jedi on this list, so I don't count that idea. Yoda also had such a great and emotional death scene IMO, which helped my decision here.

I almost voted Anakin because of how sad it was that he finally turned back to good and acknowledged his children, but wouldn't be able to spend any time with them. But the thing that made me not vote for him was that I then realized he probably wouldn't get any time with them, as he'd have to answer to the Republic for his crimes during the days of the empire-and especially for all the Jedi he's killed and the things he'd done to help bring the Empire to power. He would never be able to be at peace, never be able to just be together with his family. His death, though sad, is fitting IMO.

Padme was also a possibility for me, because of the sad nature of how/why/when she died-and knowing their children would have to grow up without either of their parents. And when they focus in on her jappor necklace from Anakin, it really hits home at that moment that this is the end of an era...

Thorin Oakenshield likes this.
  17. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012

Obi-Wan, my favourite character, may be it was because it came so unexpectedly to the audience and to the characters on screen, where as nearly all of us knew about Han getting killed by Kylo and although it's still shocking it didn't come as a surprise. Qui-Gon had a similar effect but may be it lost something by having only Obi-Wan witness it and not Anakin too...

18. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    [​IMG]
    Qui Gon was pretty sad Imo, cause Obi couldn't do a damn thing to help..

19. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Let's try to keep this thread relevant to the 8 and 9 forum... please note the second part of the thread title.

20. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    The Jawas that sold R2 and C3P0 to Uncle Owen. I cried when Luke and Obi-Wan found their dead, blasted corpses.

That being said, if Leia dies, that will probably be the one to get me.

21. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    I voted for Anakin's death, the pyre scene especially. Another major death in the ST could top it, though. In addition to investment, there's always some aspect of the execution that hits me. The pyre scene, for instance, is very evocative even aside from the narrative context. When Maz tells Rey that whoever she's waiting for is never coming back, the impact has as much to do with Daisy's acting as with how much I relate to Rey.

22. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    For me it's Han Solo, because he didn't deserve such a tragic end. The whole tail end of his life was marred by tragedy, and then he was murdered in just the most heart-breaking way.

However, I definitely remember way back in the day, pre-PT, being so saddened by Anakin's death. It was so tragic and I definitely felt the weight of his regret and his choices and it was very sad to see him have just that one moment with his son, knowing he'd never get the same with his daughter. Part of what made it so tragic was knowing that he deserved it, too, and knowing that he understood that he deserved it and felt the weight and regret of that. After the PT I definitely get less emotion out of RotJ when I watch, just because I found PT Anakin so unlikeable. I don't care so much about his tragedy anymore. I care more about the tragedy of everyone around him that had the misfortune of loving him.

Moving forward, Leia or Luke's death could easily top either of those for me. I think after Han, it's just too much tragedy. I want to see Luke and Leia find some lasting happiness before they die. I'm incredibly invested in that hope.

23. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Chewie's death in Vector Prime. And one or two other's from the EU that you probably don't know.
    Will anyone's death top that? Hard to say.
    Luke disappearing into the Force with a Binary Sunset/rise in the background with the Force theme playing might do it.

24. Straudenbecker

Straudenbecker Jedi Master star 3

Nov 22, 2015
    Han Solo death hit me the most with all the elements involved. I still shed a tear on the ROTJ scene with Anakin and Luke at the space shuttle ramp.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  25. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Oh yes-forgot about the second part of the forum title....

I would say that Luke's death may top all of this. But it would depend on how its done, and for what reasons. Other than that, no.