main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Which death has saddened you the most? Can any future one top it?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Kuestmaster, Apr 25, 2016.

?

Which main character death saddened you the most?

1. Qui-Gon Jinn

11 vote(s)
    6.5%
  2. Padme Amidala

16 vote(s)
    9.5%
  3. Mace Windu

3 vote(s)
    1.8%
  4. Obi-Wan Kenobi

5 vote(s)
    3.0%
  5. Yoda

13 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. Anakin Skywalker - Darth Vader

33 vote(s)
    19.6%
  7. Palpatine

3 vote(s)
    1.8%
  8. Han Solo

84 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. RC-2473

RC-2473 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2015
    honest opinion:

the civillians killed the at the beginning of the force awakens. for some reason this one made the most sad, even angry.

also: clone troopers throughout the pt, kids killed by anakin, jabba's slave girl (oola i think?), and victims of the death star/starkiller.

of the major characters, i'd say mace windu and padme have the saddest deaths. the ot major characters mostly died stoicly and on their own terms, so they don't make me as sad. captain needa's is sad cause of how unceremonial and unavoidable it is. han solo's death is up there too, but in a way it's not so much that he died, but the pain leading up to it.

but yeah, villagers in tfa is the saddest death scene for me. I think it's because it felt the most realistic and less sterilised and less 'fantastical' than other star wars deaths.

if viii and ix have more scenes like that (more in depth jedi massacre for example) that could top it.

okay it says main character in the op. i hope they don't get as sad as mace padme or han just cause you'd have to go really bleak to do that.

2. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Definitely the death of Jabbas Rancor was the saddest moment.
    The look of Malakili was heartbreaking

3. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    when jabba flicked the frog off the balcony in tpm.

4. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Anakin, Padme and Shmi hands down.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  5. DarkMark

DarkMark Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 6, 2002
    Qui-Gon's, funnily enough.

The only death I would actually dread would be Artoo. Anything else I could deal with ... but not that.

6. Master of None

Master of None Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2016
    Han Solo being killed by his own son as he is telling him how much he and his mother love him and want him to come home.

iluvkoalas likes this.
  7. iluvkoalas

iluvkoalas Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    Han Solo.

Master of None likes this.
  8. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    The rancor's death was treated well in RotJ. More than Owen and Beru. Like dARTh Snurf said.
    Also realizing the Empire still had the other captives from Leia's ship still on the Deathstar when Luke blew it up.

Destroying Artoo after just losing Kenny Baker like DarkMark said would be rough.

9. Rey_

Rey_ Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 30, 2015
    I voted Padmé for the funeral scene, but I forgot about Shmi, that was a truly sad moment. That was one scene in which I thought Hayden more or less nailed it. I didn't feel so sad about Han's death, but that might be because I knew it was happening from reading all the spoilers on MSW for months before the release of TFA. I thought the order 66 deaths were sad too, especially with the accompanying music.

10. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002
    Droids are not alive so technically they can't die.

That being said. I voted Obi-wan. Because he basically let go of his physical self and became the "luminous being" that Yoda eluded to later in order to save Luke and help him fulfill his destiny pr whatever.

Schmi was intense.

Other deaths mentioned are also sad but they are off-screen so less impactful IMHO.

Other than that I remember being really sad when I was 7 yrs old to see Porkins die.:_|

11. JediHarter

JediHarter Jedi Master star 1

Jan 26, 2004
    Padme's death was really tough. She truly loved Anakin and wanted to save him.

12. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Qui Gon is still alive. He is watching ep7+8 from a distance to make his comeback in ep9
    [​IMG]

13. ColdLazarou

ColdLazarou Jedi Grand Master star 2

Sep 8, 2001
    Peter Davison.

Whoops. Pardon my franchise.

Probably Qui-Gon, actually. Oddly, in the space of one film he'd endeared himself to me more than many long-running characters.

Han would be top, but it was so utterly expected that the impact was lost a bit.

14. Sum-Wan

Sum-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2013
    Which death has saddened me the most?

the Death Star. Hands down.

15. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    Korr Sella, because we didn't get to know her.

16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Democracy. With thunderous applause. :(

17. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
  18. Lord D'arg

Lord D'arg Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    Padme, because it meant Luke and Leia would grow up without a mother and their father was a dark lord of the Sith. If Luke is Rey's father, that would top it simply because she's spent nearly all of her life on her own and to be reunited with her father only to have him snatched away would be so cruel.

19. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    I'm surprised no one has said Oola yet. Girl never had a chance. I still don't know why Jabba killed her. Did she dance out of step?

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  20. TheReal_Rebel

TheReal_Rebel Jedi Master star 3

Sep 17, 2015
    Padme & Qui-Gon...

I didn't have much feeling about Han dying. He was never my fav, but loved how he touched Kylo's face.

Don't want Luke and Leia to die, especially Luke.

Luke needs to be around to be the the Yoda figure.

If they kill off Luke I'll probably say good-bye to the franchise.

Darth Smurf likes this.
  21. LordDallos

LordDallos Jedi Master star 3

Feb 2, 2016
    Han's death actually emotionally scarred me for a week or 2 so that's a pretty easy one for me. Almost felt like losing a best friend.

22. xezene

xezene Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Without a doubt, either Padme's death or Vader's death. Both are very powerful, emotionally, to me. It would be hard for me to choose between them.

I'm surprised so many people were saddened by Han's death. Yeah, I didn't want him to die, but the way it was handled didn't do much for me. He didn't even get a funeral, and before you know it, Rey's zipping off to see Luke. I guess I was not struck by it tremendously.

As for if any future character's death can top Padme's or Vader's, I don't think so. They are basically the backbone characters of the series who set everything in motion, and both of their deaths are quite resonant for me. I doubt Luke will die. If Luke did die that would actually grim-darken the series more than any expanded universe material ever did. Maybe Artoo's death would be sad if that happened.

I agree with all this. =D= I would extend the note about Hayden/Anakin to Shmi's funeral too. Anakin seems so desolate and hollow. And he blames himself. x_x I can't handle it.

Also, when Anakin burns and Obi-Wan is there... that is very sad for me as well. :_|

23. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    Lor San Tekka and the Jakku village.

I know the creators were going for something like the Tantive IV invasion in ANH.

But just knowing there were women, children and elders in that village is brutal.

24. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Han's death is the definitely the saddest for me. He seemed just on the cusp of getting back with Leia and maybe getting his family back but then... it's all over. He doesn't get to say goodbye to Leia or Luke or Chewie... he doesn't get to come back as a Force ghost... he's just gone. And all because of his own son. I don't think any can top that in terms of gut wrenching sadness for me. Even though I knew it was coming I was still not prepared for how hard it would hit me. :(

25. TheReal_Rebel

TheReal_Rebel Jedi Master star 3

Sep 17, 2015
    I'm pretty sure they were actually going for something approximating real life incidents from war which is
    why you are so effected by it.

So was I.

cerealbox likes this.