main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which do prefer to play games on, PC or Console

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by WarmasterDan, Dec 29, 2002.

?

Which do prefer to play games on, PC or Console

Poll closed Jan 5, 2003.
  1. PC

21 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Console

21 vote(s)
    50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Invid_Clone

Invid_Clone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    Lessee...I love FPS, and sadly, the control of many a console doesn't do justice to a good keyboard/mouse combo. However, while my older PC can handle an oldie like Half-life just fine, the same cannot be said for newer shooters. I'm pretty sure my 500 Mhz Celeron with a crappy GeForce4 will not be able to handle HALO and me without an X-box (sulks for a second). I don't care about RPG's and I suck at RTS, so I like my PC for shooters. Anything else can be played on a console.

2. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    All you'd need to do is update your CPU to a full blown P3 and you'd be fine.

As for the computer monitor not being High-Def, I believe this is false. Monitors have been able to handle resolutions over 1280x1024 for years. High Def only goes up to 1920x1080. A nice big 21" monitor will easily do 1920x1440 and higher and they only run about $600-700.

The monitor in question may not be high def, but you can still watch high def content on it (I've done it before on my 17").

Now why I like PCs instead of consoles: Mouse and Keyboard, that's all I gotta say.

I can target so much better with a mouse than I can with the analog stick. If a mouse and keyboard combo exists for PS2, I'll buy it.

3. Victoria

Victoria Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2000
    The PC is, in my estimation, the single most versitle tool for artistic and intellectual expression the world has ever seen.

PC Gaming is enriched deeply by the very nature of its connection to this multi-purpose tool; seemless, convenient and almost infinitely accessible. Open-source programmers, texture artists, storytellers, level designers, writers and those frolicking in creativity that defies categorization continue to flock to the highly malleable world of PC gaming. In most cases we freely enjoy the fruits of their labor.

It's a beautiful thing, and fufills my gaming and life experience in a way consoles cannot hope to match. Even as certain consoles increase their storage capacities and/or begin to add new content via broadband to their games, it seems clear to this gamer that this will continue to hold true. For a console to equal the ease, freedom, and scale of which PC Games content is created and added it essentially must aquire the technical capabilities of our computers. This is rather pointless, unless $ony and M$ are moving to develop a central entertainment machine that rivals a computer in price, upon which threads like this probably won't have rational grounds to exist.

I believe the future of gaming holds much of its innovation in those least bound by the greedy shackles of marketing. Their current and future home is on the PC and I'll be there to effortlessly rejoice in their gaming creations, and to celebrate with them my own. All the while puter gamers will benefit from still more of the PC's ceaseless wonders to further integrate our gaming communities into the awesome spectacle that is PC Gaming.

There is more to PC Gaming for me than many consolers see. It's all part of the same kick-ass package.

4. Lanky

Lanky Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Console. It's more relaxed. There's nothing I hate more with videogames than having to learn a new control scheme on a keyboard.

5. DUM-4

DUM-4 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 1999
    OMG!!!!111 Victoria, is it actually you?!?!?!

6. WarmasterDan

WarmasterDan Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 3, 2002
    As you can see, the pole has closed. It has been decided that both ways of playing video games are equal.

7. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    This pole isn't closed untill Yoshi votes in it. :D

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

8. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    OMG! 42 votes!

9. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    I was just thinking that, jp. The Gods are trying to tell us something, but what?

10. Miin_Bodenna

Miin_Bodenna Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 7, 2002
    That 42 people have no lives and wasted it on Video Gaming?

Edit: Hahaha take a screen shot know...i've edited it!

Edit 2: D'oh

Edit 3: Is it the same reasone there's 42 on Dan's Icon?

11. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    No, Miin. If you've ever done some hitchiking in the universe you would understand. Thats all that I may say at this time.

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

12. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    Someone doesn't know the significance of the all-powerful 42!?

Take a screenshot, quick.

13. Theedage

Theedage Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2001
    Damned Mice.

14. Jomero

Jomero Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 1999
    " That 42 people have no lives and wasted it on Video Gaming?"

Hope you're including yourself in that generalizing statement. Just by posting not only on a Star Wars forum, but a Star Wars VIDEO GAMES forum, absolves you of any "I have a life" retort you can make. ;)

-Jomero

15. Miin_Bodenna

Miin_Bodenna Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 7, 2002
    Hope you're including yourself in that generalizing statement.

Yep :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.