main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Which do you prefer The original theatrical release or the Special Editions

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Axia_Doneeta, Oct 14, 2008.

?

Which do you prefer The original theatrical release or the Special Editions

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. Original Theatrical Release

12.5%
  2. The Special Editions

87.5%
  1. Axia_Doneeta

Axia_Doneeta Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2005
  2. SithLordKobe

SithLordKobe Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 31, 2007
    The SEs, no doubt.

3. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    Boba Fett in episode IV!!!

4. Acthar_Sm-Ith

Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    Let's see, a horrid CGI Jabba in IV, Greedo shooting first, the Han Solo "head slide", a crappy musical number in VI, putting Hayden Christiansen in as Anakin at the end, yup, the original release for me!

5. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    blast!!!! the lurker brings up good points!!! those are definite negatives....but boba fett....i like the special editions....but not the special special edition that was released in september of....04 when the OT was first released on DVD with the Hayden Christenson swap.

6. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    I consider the DVD editions to be the "Special Editions" now, and not the '96 era edits, so, yeah, The special editions rock!

7. KleptoKlown

KleptoKlown Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 5, 2004
    This is all true

8. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    can i rescind my vote?

9. Axia_Doneeta

Axia_Doneeta Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2005
    No you may not...and I am talking about the Special editions in thier current release. So we have a digital Jabba that looks just fine. Han Solo...get over it...I mean who cares if he shot first, how many times he shot, who he was shooting and why. Han is a Taxi cab driver giving the real hereos of the story a ride. Did it affect anything when he became a coffee table. Nope, leia stepped up and took Han's keys and they left Cloud City becuase it just wasnt the party place they were told it was.

Thats why the PT doesnt have a Han character, he isnt neccessary.

OT Skywalker
    PT Skywalker? Check
    OT Leia
    PT Leia like Character? Her totally hot MILF like mom. Check.
    OT Obi-Wan
    PT Obi-wan like Character. Ummm yeah pretty close. Check
    OT Han
    PT Han-like character? Nope, These characters have their own rides.

Personally I think the OT needs more digital love, I just recently watched Return of the Jedi and while I love the movie and the matte paintings are goprgeous....when compared to the beautiosness of the OT they look like crap, they need to be replaced so it doesnt look like the 30 year old movie it is. Thats right I said it. Go ahead, sit down watch the movie and tell me Im wrong. That shot of Lando and Han splitting up in the hanger before the attack on the death star looked like crap when it was released, now its just painful.

Imagine them standing there having their conversation and a couple of B-wings lifting up from the deck to get into formation... how cool would that be?