main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY Which do you use: Earbuds, Neckphones, or Headphones?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Moeskywalker64, Aug 19, 2002.

?

Which do you use: Earbuds, Neckphones, or Headphones?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Earbuds

18.8%
  2. Neckphones

31.3%
  3. Headphones

50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moeskywalker64

Moeskywalker64 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2002
  2. Moeskywalker64

Feb 13, 2002
    I've always been an earbud guy...they are small and easy to put in the pocket...and they don't weigh you down...

I'm need new phones...and am thinking about getting headphones for a change...

[image=http://www13.cds.ne.jp/~cazy/image/Cy07_NUDEEX.jpg] [image=http://www.sakurachan.org/diary/2000/06/eggo.jpg]
    Sony Nude EX Buds .....or..... Sony Eggo Headphones

Both are sixty bucks so I could swing either way... but neck phones are retarded... especially those furry ones...yuck... :p :)

3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Since I don't own a portable music system of any kind, I use headphones when I'm at home and need to use headphones for whatever reason...

4. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    Neck phones? That what Taun We uses? :)

5. Corn_Free_Ta

Corn_Free_Ta Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 17, 2002
    I think Taun We would use earbuds.

6. cyranodb

cyranodb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2001
    None of the above. Since I have a tough of tinittus I try not having sound directly pumped down my ears.

Mike C. :)

7. Mayhem

Mayhem Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    I am a neckphone guy now, and mine get alot of use as anytime I come into the city, I have to have music with me..especially on that hour+ bus ride from my house in the bronx to work.
    It took me awhile to get used to them(was a headphone guy), but I love them now. I hate the earbuds..they are the most uncomfortable thing...its like walking around with your finger in your ear ...

8. BobaFettWBlasterRifle

BobaFettWBlasterRifle Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 23, 1999
    Headphones

* for eliminating outside noise

* for the closest thing to real bass

* for the ability to listen really loud without pissing off fellow commuters

* because I really like that Ben Affleck in Pearl Harbor look, with the bomber jacket, baseball cap and big geeky 'phones

* for warmth in the winter ( i wear mine under a wool cap so i look like i have an even more giant head)

9. Moeskywalker64

Feb 13, 2002
    Ok...so I've been using the Sony Eggo headphones for three days...and I have to say I am not that impressed...

First sound quality wise yes there is a difference...the headphones sound better, and they block out interference...plus that bass as it was mentioned is a good but other than techno it's really not of that much use to me...

The bad thing is that they feel very heavy...I'm used to earbuds so it was very different for me...Plus putting them on and off in the subway is a chore...thankfully the Eggos fold up real nice...oh and they make the ears warm and sweat...bad in summer...

So I guess this is the last pair of headphones I buy...earbuds are the way to go...for moi :)

10. Anaquinne

Anaquinne Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2002
    Headphones all the way. I hate sticking foreign objects in my ear, and they always fall out anyway. And I care about sound quality. The bass on real headphones is way better, and they block out the outside noise better--noise-cancelling headphones are teh rock! :D

On the downside, you don't see too many people wearing earcups, so they look kinda funny. But come on--could you really listen to your John Williams collection on earbuds? :p

11. Moeskywalker64

Feb 13, 2002
    noise-cancelling headphones are teh rock!

Having tried these I have to say it feels like you are in another world...these are really that good...But aren't they a little too big for the subway... :p

Plus the ears get all hot and clammy...after a few hours...

But come on--could you really listen to your John Williams collection on earbuds...

That's what good speakers are for... ;)

12. Anaquinne

Anaquinne Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2002
    It does feel like you're in a different world... My ears even get stopped up; it's like you're in a pressurized airplane cabin or something. And they are bulky for the train, but where better to use that low-level canceling? :p

13. BobaFettWBlasterRifle

BobaFettWBlasterRifle Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 23, 1999
    And don't forget the warmth factor. In a few months that's gonna be key.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.