main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which enemies would you like to see face-off against each other throughout TCW series?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by ArrogantJedi, Oct 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Mace vs. Dooku.
    Ki-Adi Mundi vs. Ventress

2. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    Like most people here, I would love to see a Mace vs Dooku duel.

Ki-Adi-Mundi vs Ventress would be cool too, as would Aayla vs Ventress. Another doomed fight between Shaak Ti and Grievous might be cool to watch, not for the swordplay (we know that the General can take on the Togruta) but it would give us a chance to see why Obi-Wan ranked Shaak Ti as one of the most cunning of the Jedi.

Though, now that I think about it, I suppose Duel of the Droids already had a similar fight (Ashoka/Grievous pursuit), so that wish might be a long way from realisation.

3. goraq

goraq Jedi Youngling star 4

May 15, 2008
    Jerec vs anyone would be nice.

4. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Grievous vs. Sidious

J/k:p

5. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Yes.

6. masterheiros

masterheiros Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2003
    who do you believe would be best suited to beat the tar out of Quinlan Vos?

7. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Well, besides that Dooku already did that quite nicely...:p

Hmm. Can't really think of anyone but Dooku doing that, honestly. Sidious doesn't fight people unless he has to, and I don't really consider any of Dooku's henchmen (besides Grievous) being up to the task of fighting someone as obviously dangerous as Quinlan is.

Maybe him and Grievous could have a showdown.

8. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Ewok Jedi vs. Noghri Sith.:)

9. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    I think we need more recognizable Jedi fighting Grevious, Dooku and Ventress. People we know from perhaps Episode 1 and 2, but who weren't seen in 3. So that when they fight we don't know if they will survive. I want to see Dooku take down at least one Jedi and I need Ventress to actually kill her first Jedi.

10. GH-7

GH-7 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2008
    Mace versus anyone.

Just show us some of that sweet vaapad.

11. ArrogantJedi

ArrogantJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2008
    Having seen the latest episode with the first REAL long lightsaber duel, I think it would be great to show off the different lightsaber forms and how they match up against each other. As the animation continues to improve throughout the series (it was the best yet in Cloak of Darkness), i think it may be feasible to show the differences in lightsaber forms. So we've seen Luminara's extreme flexibility, quick strikes take on Ventress' style, should we see say Plo Koon using his strength and more aggressive Form V take on Ventress, we would see a different type of fight. I also believe that the matchups between the characters is a case of Rock/Scissors/Paper. Just because say Dooku owns Obi-Wan (and let's say he continues to do so in the series), just because say Anakin fares better against Dooku than Obi-Wan, doesn't mean Anakin is better Obi-Wan - everyone has an achilles heel, where there's someone who is just, put simply, a bad matchup for you.

With this, take a look at any sports like tennis, Nadal is a horrible matchup for Federer, Federer easily beats James Blake, but Nadal struggles against James Blake, etc. It's interesting to see these things. Hopefully we'll see not only Ventress and Grievous continue to take on some of our favourite and well known Jedi/Council Members, but some other ones are introduced and subsequentely killed off perhaps not during the first 2 confrontations, but perhaps by the 5th or 6th - characters we get to know. Hopefully also we'll see Dooku in action as well with his rare Form II fencing style. Given that we probably won't see Dooku take on Obi-Wan or Anakin too many times given their confrontations in the movies, we can see him take on others instead - same with Grievous and Ventress.

12. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    So...what we're saying is...theoretically, Plo stands a 50/50 chance as we don't know his dueling record. XD

Just joshing. It's definitely preferred that we show the different fighting styles present. Agen Kolar seems to like the FALCON KICK, and it'd be interesting if we saw how they interpreted Saesee's blunt-force approach to things. Plo's style, predictably, is what I'm looking forward to if they let him duel.

However, it'd be even more interesting to see how they create Ki-Adi-Mundi's one-handed stance into an actual dueling form, considering he switches to a broadsword sort of movement against Grievous in the GT series. The man's a Jedi Guardian...show us why! XD

Oh. And of course, Oppo Rancicis, Sora Bulq, and Quinlan Vos. Seeing them in actual motion would be sweetness.
    On the non-Jedi side, as we have Cad Bane as a bounty hunter of sorts, I wonder whether they're considering having the clones take different approaches, especially against more intelligent enemies and stuff like that...We've seen detonators, pistols, rifles, and gatling guns, but I kinda miss that quad-blaster one of the ARC troopers pulled out against Grievous in the GT series.

13. ArrogantJedi

ArrogantJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2008
    koonfan, I know if they do Count Dooku vs Plo Koon then you will no doubt have a explosive joygasm ;)

I'd like to see that one due to both their connections to Qui-Gon Jinn and due to Plo Koon probability of being similar level/age to Qui-Gon, Dooku must have been someone he hugely respected. A meeting between those two, a conversation regarding Qui-Gon and who/what he would have supported, ala Dooku's conversation with Obi-Wan in AOTC could be done nicely.

But I agree with you on those other points regarding Tiin, Kolar and Ki-Adi Mundi. Not only would it be exciting to see them in action, but the different styles they posses.

14. koonfan

Oct 15, 2008
    Yeah, thanks for agreeing, Arrogantjedi. I must acknowledge that I am a junky, though. I even resort to crafting my own images and writing my own moments to satisfy my Plo Koony cravings. Much like crackheads that grow their own pot. Seriously. I plan to actually WRITE Plo Koon versus Dooku eventually. XD

Two ideas that struck me as interesting, on the topic of character histories.
    -Ventress actually finds a Jedi (or several) who knew her old master (Ky Narec) and, predictably, confronts them for 'abandoning' him.
    -Grievous finds the Jedi sent to handle the crisis on his planet and 'thank' them for their intervention. I'm unsure if the Jedi were enforcers or adjudicators, though. But doesn't really matter. Grievous is very open minded of who he carves up.

I've also mentioned before that the Lightsaber Droid, EG-5, from the Lightsaber Duels game would make for an excellent concept or recurring character if they gave him some form of autonomy, despite the game likely being non-canon. I always thought it'd be awesome to imagine a sort of philosophical HK-47 geared for close combat.

15. RoderulijKumar

RoderulijKumar Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2008
    Rancor vs. Jar Jar.

16. obi-rob-kenobi4

obi-rob-kenobi4 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 17, 2007
    Any major character VS. any major villain in a space ship!

There are way too many lightsaber duels in TCW!

17. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Giant Space Slug vs. The Sarlacc

18. RoderulijKumar

Dec 7, 2008
    Sarlacc would win. Most definitely.

19. koonfan

Oct 15, 2008
    Fleet battles are always cool. We could even have a rehash of the Imperial exchange before the death of the Super Star Destroyer, which I always found hilarious.

Crewman: We've lost our shield, commander!
    Commander: Intensify forward batteries! I don't want anything getting through! (fighters buzzing around)
    Clone/Magnaguard: (brzzt, kaboom) I'M HIT!!! (hurtles towards bridge)
    Commander: INTENSIFY FORWARD POWER!!
    Aide: (as if it weren't already obvious) TOO LATE!!! (both duck for cover) (ship smashes through)

20. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    holy crap.

You and I agree on something!! Hooray!!

Seriously, I'm happy about this.

On-topic:

George Lucas vs. decent dialogue

Ben Burtt vs. John Williams's score

21. goraq

goraq Jedi Youngling star 4

May 15, 2008
    Jocasta Nu vs a weaker dark jedi.
    Not Ventress i dont consider her weak.

22. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Maybe if they got the rights to Dark Rendezvous and adapted it to a 3-episode arc?

Definitely should've had Mace Windu instead of Luminara in that last episode.

I have had it with these mother******* battle droids on this mother******* cruiser!!

23. boletus

boletus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2008
    [face_laugh]

As for adapting a novel, I don't think it's a matter of getting rights, as GL owns the stories anyway. I think if he wanted to it would just happen, wouldn't be much legal stuff to work out.

On topic, I'd love to see NEW enemies face off. Gimme a new villain and a new lead (other than "Snips") and give 'em a story arc. Perhaps three episodes or whatever. Just give us some characters we can grow to like, and then kill 'em off. I need to feel like there's some danger in what's going on. I want a viable villain (not Argyus or G'nacht or whatever they're names are) vs a viable hero (other than the CW poster girl) who I can get behind for a while. Then it will be tragic when they die.

24. RoderulijKumar

Dec 7, 2008
    THREE WORDS.
    BRING BACK DURGE.

25. obi-rob-kenobi4

obi-rob-kenobi4 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 17, 2007
    YES!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.