main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which enemies would you like to see face-off against each other throughout TCW series?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by ArrogantJedi, Oct 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoderulijKumar

RoderulijKumar Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2008
    Seriously one of the best villains out there. I loved him in the original Clone Wars, but there just wasn't enough of him. I'd be curious to see how the Jedi handle his special ability. ;)

2. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Oh, I hope this doesn't happen. Durge always just struck me as kind of a dumb character.

3. RoderulijKumar

RoderulijKumar Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2008
    Oh, well...

[face_plain]

4. maderic

maderic Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 8, 2004
    Anakin and Obi-Wan can't fight Dooku again (even though they are) as the lines in the start of Episode III would become increasingly moot.

"My powers have doubled since the last time we met, Count." An obvious reference to Episode II, but since the CW film retconned it, a reference to that. At the rate it's going, I expect it to be caveated by Anakin saying, "Last week!"

"This time, we will do it together." An even more obvious reference to Attack of the Clones, but hey, having them fight in the series is clearly more important than the movies.

I'd like to see Mace v. Dooku because there exists some animosity between them in Episode II and to see that go head to head would be good. Personally, I'd love it if Dooku beat Mace and someone had to save him, but that's just me.

Grievous v. unimportant Jedi. We need more Nahdar Vebb's in the series. I want to see Grievous garner some of that feared Jedi-killing reputation.

Anakin v. Ventress. If only for the fact that she should kill Ahsoka and he should klll her in revenge. It gets rid of two characters that conflict with the movies at relatively the same time.

5. Dunedain1

Dunedain1 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 4, 2003
    I'd definitely like to see Count Dooku battling various Jedi with his magnificent lightsaber skills. :)

6. goraq

goraq Jedi Youngling star 4

May 15, 2008
    Jedi with Double baladed lightsaber vs sith or dark jedi with double bladed lightsaber.

7. MvG-88

MvG-88 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2008
    "last time we met" was originally referring to the Geonosis duel, but then again "there is another" was originally referring to somebody other than Leia and I didn't notice that until I read about it ^^ I'd say it's fully possible for Anakin and Obi-Wan to face Dooku again taking him one at a time and still have the ep. III line make sense.

The creators think about those sort of things, Filioni stated in the commentary for Destroy Malevolence (i think) that he is unable to have Anakin and Grievous even see each other due to the ep. III line "You're shorter than I expected".

But I do agree with your last statement, it would be the perfect way of ending the show, I really do hope they have the guts to pull it off, I understand if they don't. It would get rid of both characters for ep. III as well as adding more depth to Ani's darkside fall. And possibly explain why he doesn't want to talk about her.

8. ArrogantJedi

ArrogantJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2008
    Yes, I agree with the above that the lines in ROTS spoken by Anakin and Obi-Wan make it seem like their last duel with Dooku was in Ep2 - this has already been scrubbed in a sense by having Anakin face Dooku in TCW movie. It seems they *may* face him in Dooku Captured. That being said, they could still have another confrontation in TCW with Anakin perhaps getting a little arrogant and trying to take him alone, so the ROTS lines could still work with that in a way.

That being said, if say Dooku can't face Anakin or Obi-Wan too much, he could still be pitted for the first time against quite a few of the Jedi Council Members. That would be a good substitute since most of them are former buddies - there would be some cool lines to throw in there.

9. henchman24

henchman24 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2008
    Great post =)

Mace v. Dooku is high on the list for me, but i'd take Mace v. (Anyone) at this point. Still as a head of the council its realistic to not be in the thick so can't hate that =(

Lots more Nahdar Vebb =) The guy from my icon would be fine

Dooku v. GG... I know it would have to be training, buts its my favorite stuff from the cartoon short Clone Wars episodes. I would like to see it in any fashion in this new series

10. ArrogantJedi

ArrogantJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2008
    The scenes of Dooku training Grievous would be interesting to watch. Dooku, although corrupted by the darkside, still has that sort of "charm" and "elegance" about him and is well spoken (due to his wealthy heritage). Due to this, I can see fit well in the "instructor" role and in Lair of Grievous, his "room for improvement" suggests that he might provide further training for Grievous so he does better against Jedi Masters in the future.

11. seeker_two

seeker_two Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    Jorus C'Boath vs. Count Dooku....

...the trouble would be finding a planet big enough to support both of their egoes....

12. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    I'd love to see Dooku defeat (but presumably not kill) some Council members.

13. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    I would have liked him more if he wasn't such an obvious Boba Fett rip off.

14. goraq

May 15, 2008
    T'ra Saa vs someone.

Even Piell vs. Ventress.

15. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    I really don't want to see any more lightsaber duels for a while. Once, they were something special. Now, there's another one nearly every week, and they've gotten boring and repitive. The war - clones vs. droids, not Jedi vs. Sith - needs to be shown on a wider scale.

16. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    awesome. =D=

17. goraq

May 15, 2008
    ,,I really don't want to see any more lightsaber duels for a while.,,

I guess your wish is coming true with the next two episodes.

18. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Even Piell fights someone, barely makes it, complains about how old he is and how his joints ache, then goes to lie down and meditate. XD

19. obi-rob-kenobi4

obi-rob-kenobi4 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 17, 2007
    Anyone thats not a jedi (or force user) faceing off against anyone else that is not a jedi (or force user) would be nice.:rolleyes:

20. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Ventress v. Grievous. It seems that there could be a little sibling rivalry there. Their relationship seems similar to the relationship between Vader and Tarkin in ANH. Ventress treats Grievous with respect, but probably feels that she is the "real" apprentice.

21. goraq

May 15, 2008
    Aurra Sing Vs Asajj Ventress

22. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    There's a parallel in their backstories. Both of them came from planets neglected from the Republic. I'd like to see this one with Dooku interrupting at the very last moment. Ventress could really provoke his bad side (does he even have a good side left?) by bringing up his recent incompetence.

I really want to see Grievous vs. Padme in a duel of words and not swords. I was sorely dissapointed this didn't happen in the Malevolence arc. I imagine Grievous to be very good at articulating his opinion about the Other Side. I shall add a debate between Dooku and Padme to scenes I'd like to add to the Clone Wars.

23. DBrennan3333

DBrennan3333 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2004
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v703/DBrennan3333/NewBitmapImage-1.jpg]

I'm positive that the makers of the show, in keeping with their idolatry of the military, will go the exact opposite route (I'm sure that the younger Lurmen will try to get his village to become pro-war), but this would be sweet!

24. goraq

May 15, 2008
    ,,Ventress v. Grievous. It seems that there could be a little sibling rivalry there. Their relationship seems similar to the relationship between Vader and Tarkin in ANH. Ventress treats Grievous with respect, but probably feels that she is the "real" apprentice.,,

We already seen that,Grevious won.
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rogue%27s_Gallery

25. goraq

May 15, 2008
    Sly Moore Vs. some less important jedi

Moore is potentialy a dark jedi.

whostheBossk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.