main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Which faction do you like?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Chancellor Yoda, Apr 8, 2015.

?

Which faction do you like?

1. Galactic Republic

16 vote(s)
    34.0%
  2. Galactic Empire

11 vote(s)
    23.4%
  3. Rebel Alliance

15 vote(s)
    31.9%
  4. Confederacy of Independent Systems

5 vote(s)
    10.6%
  1. James T Kirk

James T Kirk Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 22, 2015
    I would definitely be a supporter of the Rebellion, but I love the look (ships, uniforms, armour, etc.) of the Empire best. But I hear the Death Star has a killer cafeteria, so that might be enough to get me to switch allegiances. #tacotuesdays

2. enigmaticjedi

enigmaticjedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 2, 2011
    Excluding moral issues, the Empire is the coolest in my book.
    -- Star Destroyers
    -- Tie Fighters
    -- Death Stars
    -- AT-ATs
    -- AT-STs
    -- Stormtroopers
    -- Tie Interceptors
    -- Tie Bombers
    -- Super Star Destroyer

3. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Ackbar's Fishsticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2013
    I'm surprised how many people are cheering for the Republic. Not that I'm telling anyone how to vote (and I still like them better than either Seps or Imps), it's just that the movies go out of their way to portray it as a massively dysfunctional fustercluck.

4. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Fustercluck! :D

Ackbar's Fishsticks likes this.
  5. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    It's a pity there isn't an "Ewoks" option on this list ;)

6. Darth Azerous

Darth Azerous Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2015
    The Empire. If you couldn't tell, haha.

Chancellor Yoda likes this.
  7. Celidore

Celidore Jedi Knight star 3

May 2, 2015
    Galactic Republic, but Rebel Alliance too.

8. Jo B1 Kenobi

Jo B1 Kenobi Jedi Master star 2

Jul 3, 2014
    I really like the alien species most. It doesn't matter much to me where their allegiances are, although I'd say my favourites are the ordinary, basically decent aliens. The cantina crowd and the aliens at Jabba's palace are fab in their diversity and weirdness if not very morally decent.

chagrian_scavenger likes this.
  9. Tommytom

Tommytom Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2015
    Ah crud, I was just thinking of making this topic! Haha. Anyway, I think my favorite is the Galactic Republic, both including and disregarding moral reasons. I've always loved the Republic style more than the Imperial style, comparing shows like The Clone Wars to the Original trilogy (though, to be fair, there is, of course, a large technological difference). I much preferred Clone trooper armor, the clone troopers themselves, the Republic ships and Star Destroyers, even small things like the navy's uniforms and blue blasters over red ones. I just thought it was so much better. Don't get me wrong, I love the style of the Empire as well, but the Republic wins my heart. There are some things I prefer Imperial though, such as the TIE Fighters and their pilots. Love them.

10. Prophet 49

Prophet 49 Jedi Master star 1

Sep 11, 2014
    The Galactic Empire, obviously.... when they're actually acting like a well-oiled military machine and ruling the galaxy with a cortosis fist and not like immature schoolyard bullies (ie - knocking over fruit stands).

11. chagrian_scavenger

chagrian_scavenger Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 17, 2015
    The Rebel Alliance and the Galactic Republic (I voted for the Rebels).

12. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I think the Galactic Republic is very interesting in the EU and TCW. As to the films, I'm a big Rebel Alliance fan. So, I voted for that. The Empire is more interesting in a twisted way for me in the EU. All that competition and intrigue! Crazy!

13. darthbarracuda

darthbarracuda Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 4, 2012
    I'd also have to say that I kind of like the Sith Empire under Revan and Malak. The Sith trooper armor and government symbol and everything just makes it seem so ancient, and almost like it's just a fairy tale (that's the impression I got when I played the KOTOR games). I just have always gotten a much different feeling from playing KOTOR than I have any other Star Wars game. Part of it feels like Star Wars, and another part of it feels like it's a futuristic science fiction, that's not too far in the future.

I've been playing SWTOR for the past several months, but I went back just to play a little of KOTOR and it's like a nostalgia overload. I can see how my actions are leading up to the events of SWTOR, even if they happened a long time ago. Just, wow.

14. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    Empire.

Everything is designed to 'go with' with everything else. Put every Empire vehicle and uniform together and it goes together so well. Like a very well designed kitchen. lol

Chancellor Yoda likes this.
  15. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Gotta go with the Confederacy of Independent Systems. I love the aesthetics of the Separatist Droid Armies.

Jesse Booth likes this.
  16. Jesse Booth

Jesse Booth Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 8, 2014
    CIS. Their aesthetics were my favorite compared to the other factions.

If this question extended to factions not shown in movies, I would have to say it's a tie between the Yuuzhan Vong and the Fel Empire. The Zann Consortium was pretty awesome in the one game it got. Shame they never did anything else with it.

Force Smuggler likes this.