main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which Fett background do you like best?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by BartSimpson-SithLord, Feb 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    yeah, i screwed up on the movie dates. I'm working on a much better, way more detailed one. Up to Jubilar now.

But I'm not entirely sure how to fit in the wife & kid ... got any idea when it took place?

wk

2. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    "But I'm not entirely sure how to fit in the wife & kid ... got any idea when it took place?"

Probably about a year before A New Hope.

3. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    "I really hated that wife and kid thing. Just totally killed my perception of this bounty hunter who, as he said, didn't partake in "sins of the flesh"."

It's not a sin of the flesh if he was married to have sex. I surely hope you don't think it is.

Now if he went out and bought prostitutes on the other hand, or had affairs, or raped slaves, those would be sins of the flesh.

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>he mentions having like a cloned right leg, because of cancer or something. Just kinda funny....i thought...<<

I think he was saving up to have that done, since he leg suffered from the result of the sarlacc. At least we know why he won't have a problem with that[face_batting]

5. JediLord

JediLord Jedi Master star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    All this stuff is going to wiped out now with AOTC. All this history will simply be a smoke screen, like someone said earlier. There is simply no way you can fit all this into his life. Enjoy the story, but do not try to make it all fit.

6. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Not what I heard from dan wallace. Who said all can be fit in once the movies are finished he believes. especially with the upcoming jango fett comics and boba fett novels possibly paving in the scenes between the movies. There are 2 years that alot of stuff can happen between episode 2 and 3. As well as a huge timeframe for stuff to happen between episode 3 and 4. It can all be fit just fine.

We know that jango fett is a mandalorian, that would make boba fett a mandalorian by default. And all other events can fit in after episode 3 and between episode 4.

7. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    <<There is simply no way you can fit all this into his life.>>

Did you read my post? I did it (although there were a few minor mistakes). I'm working on a very detailed version of a Boba Fett Bio.

wk

8. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    You also need to add in jawas of doom, more detailed wise, the official site did at least, but no timeline notes.

Theory is, and dan said it works is:

Now sections(BHW), boba heads back falls in the sarlacc, is spit out, get's amnesia found by han(han made a quick trip to tatooine in the early morning coruscant hours before getting back on time and learning about and leaving for the bakura mission), and ends up back in the sarlacc at the end, inside of a sandcrawler.(Jawas of doom), He escapes again, then recuperates for a year not doing anything dangerous tell he gets his energy back, then heads back to the sarlacc and blows it up to tiny little pieces so no one can fall into it ever again.(dark empire sourcebook)

9. Mavrick889

Feb 27, 1999
    Actually,I just reread Jawas of Doom and I think one can make the argument that Fett didn't necessarily jump out of the Sarlacc Pit right before the comic began. He seems to be dreaming about the events of the past few weeks, and like TalonCard said on the Timetales thread, I think it's possible Fett went out into the desert alone to face the sarlacc, and simply passed out from exhaustion (from the last few weeks) in the desert. The story then begins. The flashback we see shows events from RotJ, so it's possible that it's also showing events from the Bounty Hunter Wars as well.

However, I do think after the comic ends, the Dark Empire Sourcebook story works quite well.

10. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    No,actually one of the shots shows him being spit out, and the sarlacc going Burrrrrrrrrrp. Much like the pic of zorba being spit out in GODV.

But of course all the rest of the scenes are vague memories that he has from his first journey into the sarlacc. If it was showing the events of bounty hunter wars, and the escape in Tales of books, then they would go right between the boom vision, and the spit out vision.

11. Mavrick889

Feb 27, 1999
    "No,actually one of the shots shows him being spit out, and the sarlacc going Burrrrrrrrrrp."

There's no burp actually, it's just a shot of Fett flying out of the sarlacc's mouth. Again, this can be interpreted as the explosion blowing Fett out of the mouth of the Sarlacc. We've never gotten a visual image of that anyway.

Never mind, there is a burp. But still, I think it can work.

12. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Looks like a spit out to me, as well going by the definition of burp: To eject or emit violently out of the stomach.

In the short story when it describes him escaping for the first time, it said he blasted a hole in the side of the sarlacc and the sand poured in, and he climed out from the passage he created.

Well in this pic we see him being spit out of the mouth itself. Which means that the sarlacc had regenerated it's flesh.

13. Mavrick889

Feb 27, 1999
    Still, it's open to interpretation. According to the short story, and the Bounty Hunter Wars, Fett blew the hell out of the Sarlacc. I don't see much carnage around the Sarlacc so I think the visuals in this story should be taken with a grain of salt.

Plus, the flashback is recalling the events of the last few weeks (ROTJ, for example), not what has JUST happened...I think any flashback would certainly show him falling into the pit twice if it actually happened.

14. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Like I said I think that to keep the scenes intact as they show them that BHW and the short story, take place between the frame that says boom, and the frame thats says burp.

Considering that in the short story he blasted a hole in the side of the sarlacc in which the sand poured in and climbed out that way. This shot shows him being ejected out the mouth. We know it was regenarating at a fast rate in BHW book 1. By the time he got back at the end of BHW it could be healed over just fine, and he wasn't prepared for that fact and it grabbed him and took him down, but it remembered who he was it spit right out rather quickly(defense mechanism against dangerous food, kind of like what happens in nature with animals learning what is good and bad to eat), spit out kind of like zorba the hutt.

So to save all events as they are seen then this is the best way to show them.

15. Mavrick889

Feb 27, 1999
    I just hate the idea of Fett falling in three times. It's just plain ridiculous.

16. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    One other thing to think about is that we don't actually see the sandcrawler enter all the way, infact it looks way too big for the sarlacc's mouth. It's very possible that he got knocked out from the crash itself, and han and leia walked away thinking he was dead, Indeed han didn't want to mess with him again because of the way that fett was firing at him. last couple of shots just show smoking around the crator, close up, and doesn't actually show us what's behind the camera. It's very possible that fett just climbed out of the sand crawler some time after, walked way, and recuperated a year from his injuries came back and destroyed the sarlacc once and for all so no others would fall in again.

17. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Meanwhile, back to the original topic.....I think it stinks that Fett is some kind of cloned goat in AOTC! I wanted to see Fett in the movies again but not like this! I think Lucas made a big, HUGE mistake with this one, I mean Boba was "our Chief Officer, who'd become disenchanted with fightin' fer other people, set off on his own an ended up the canniest Bounty Hunter in the known worlds. That ofcourse was BobaFett,...." -Fenn Shysa in SW Comic #68. This would give his character a better start, he could have after the Clone Wars set out to become Jaster Mereel and then later adopt his real name and start Bounty Hunting, fighting on his own terms so to speak. I mean how could he be a Chief Officer in the SuperCommandos at 14 or 15?! I don't like it and I'm a little dissapointed in GL; I guess he shouldn't green light books if he plans on not reading them! BTW, why does everybody in the AOTC Spoilers hate the EU?! Later,......and LONG LIVE the SITH!!!!

18. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    Just wait for my bio, and all will be explained :D

wk

EDIT:

Taken from that bio:

20 BBY
    When the Clone Wars started, the Government of Mandalore sent the Commandos into battle on the side of Palpatine, including a young Boba (12).

16 BBY
    Of the 212 Mandalorians sent into battle, only 3 survive: Fenn Shysa, his childhood friend, Tobbi Dala, and their Chief Officer, Boba Fett (16), who had quickly moved up the ranks by showing superior fighting and leadership qualities. During battle, Fett?s face had become terribly scarred. Fett became disenchanted with fighting wars for corrupt politicians who are only out for themselves, and left Mandalore.

19. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Val...
    "You also forgot to fit in his wife sintas and child which were definetly put into continuity and given a background in a continuity article in gamer magazine."

You know, I'm thinking that Boba's child may have been the result of morally-questionable action by him with Sintas which he sincerely regrets.

Take Daniel Keyes Moran's The Last One Standing: The Tale of Boba Fett
      "'Yeah,' said Organa. "So is rape."
      Fett nodded. 'So is rape." He sat in what was, for him, a comfortable silence, watching her."

When I first read that in 1996, long before the knowledge of Sintas and Fett's child were made known, the conversation between Fett and Leia seemed very much out of place. However, I do believe that Fett could have raped Sintas, resulting in the child. Since then, I think for the sake of the child, both Fett and Sintas have come to an understanding but still hold some bitterness and animosity about it all.

He sat in comfortable silence, because he has accepted his actions with Sintas as wrong.

Well, one possible theory at least.

As for a young Fett taking part in Clone Wars and/or Mandalorian expansion pushed by Governor Vrox and the Battle for Mandalore, it certainly reasonable to believe such a young man may take part in military campaigns, especially with the Battle for Mandalore. The Republic had invaded the planet with army troops and Jedi. Of course it's likely that any male old enough to wear a suit of armor and shoot would help repel them. And once it was known Vrox was using scorched-earth policies tanking Mandalorians, it's also likely as a Mandalorian, Fett would've fought for the people of Mandalore against him as well.

20. JediLord

Oct 15, 2000
    To answer the uqestion in the original post:

I like the AOTC version, which is the true version, the only version.

21. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    To answer the original question, the AOTC is how he was created, all others are just part of his later life events. They are not how he came to be but are just events that he had went through in his life.

22. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Yep. Certaily AotC is also going to be a true vesion as well, but it's certainly not the only one.

23. JediLord

Oct 15, 2000
    AOTC is his origin, I don't buy the Jaster Mereel story line. I think it's a cover story. You can if you want to, just don't treat it like fact.

24. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Why would they pose for a family picture if the child was the result of rape?

How about this- a couple years before ANH, Fett and Sintas become good friends. Sintas is raped by character unknown and Fett helps her/supports her during the pregnancy and for awhile after the child is born. That could explain the uncomfortable silence also.

25. Mavrick889

Feb 27, 1999
    "When I first read that in 1996, long before the knowledge of Sintas and Fett's child were made known, the conversation between Fett and Leia seemed very much out of place. However, I do believe that Fett could have raped Sintas, resulting in the child. Since then, I think for the sake of the child, both Fett and Sintas have come to an understanding but still hold some bitterness and animosity about it all.

He sat in comfortable silence, because he has accepted his actions with Sintas as wrong. "

I don't buy it. In many sources, Fett is shown to be a character with a very strong moral code, and I think rape violates that code. Also, it seems like Sintas would have been more than able to defender herself from an unarmored Boba Fett. Plus, doesn't Gamer # 6 say they got married?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.