main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which Fett background do you like best?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by BartSimpson-SithLord, Feb 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Yes gamer 6 says they are married as I recall.

2. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    2ndQuest,

Yes, also very much fitting. And given what Mav said, one I tend to agree with.

Regardless, I think at some point, Fett has had a very close exposure to rape/consequences of rape based on that Leia/Fett exchange.

Certainly, if he had feelings for Sintas and something bad happened to her, he would step up and still do the right thing, as yes, he does seem to have some sort of ethical code.

I like that version of events, 2nd. :)

3. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Maybe boba fett was raped, :eek:, [face_plain]...

4. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    Whoa now!

5. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Rebel Dawn, pg 205

"As to my identity...you would know me perhaps by my adopted name. Boba Fett."

LOL. Originally, this meant the name he took after being Jaster Mereel. But it still fits, as technically Jango adopted Boba and gave him that name :D

wk

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >> I like that version of events, 2nd.<<

I'd be great if they further elaborated on that plotline in Tales or Gamer (preferably the latter so there wouldn't be any "what if it's infinities?" questions floating about).

It's definately one of the three main plotlines I'm most looking forward to reading about Fett...

1) Fett repainting/upgrading the Slave 1...I'm kinda hoping he is basicly "dusting it off" from storage after his brief occupation as a Journeyman Protector.

2) Somewhat tied to the above- after his explusion from Concord Dawn and the Imperial forces, him finally putting the armor on and retaking the name given to him by his "father" and continue that legacy.

3) His relationship with Sintas. We don't see too many "failed" relationships in star wars (not counting Luke's various "girls of the week" in the bantam era), seeing something along those lines would be really great.

I wonder how Fett would react to Sintas's death if it ever happens...

scratch that, I know how he'd react (and pitty the fool being reacted upon::D ), but I'd still love reading about that.

7. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    Mav...
    Unfortunately, he did fall in three times - as ridiculous as it is. [face_plain]

Val...
    :eek:

wild_karrde...
    "Originally, this meant the name he took after being Jaster Mereel. But it still fits, as technically Jango adopted Boba and gave him that name"

Durnit, why don't people believe us when we say it all fits! :D The more that's added, the more proof there is of the master plan of the Force which ties it all together. :D

The2ndQuest...
    "I'd be great if they further elaborated on that plotline in Tales or Gamer (preferably the latter so there wouldn't be any "what if it's infinities?" questions floating about)."

I agree! Now they need to give us a Fett/Sintas Gamer story similar to "Last One Standing," BHW or HST - one which covers quite a few years in scope. Flashback to before they met and move forward from there.

"I wonder how Fett would react to Sintas's death if it ever happens..."

Heh. You think the Vong know pain. They wouldn't have anything on the poor SOB who happened to kill Sintas.

8. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    And by Thor's Balls, let Daniel Keys Moran write it!

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    >> And by Thor's Balls<<

ROTFL!

10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    >> Unfortunately, he did fall in three times - as ridiculous as it is.<<

We seriously need to come up with a better fix to that, it's an insult to the continuity really. Failing that, mark them with an infinities label or make certain panels aprocphal (or whatever that word is that i can't seem to recall off the top of my head). I mean, I can see the sandcrawler thing with him aboard and climbing out of it (i haven't read the story but if Han, Luke, etc had seen him aboard that thing, wouldn't they have known he had survived the sarlacc during his initial fall in in ROTJ? Hence they wouldn't have been surprised at his return in DE...), but falling in a third time is just plain stupid. It kills the psychological-scarring aspect to Fett's post-ROTJ character and makes turns it into a "Biff-having-manure-dumped-on-him" type deal.

11. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Gamer just refrenced boba fett and fenn shysa again gamer 9. But left if vague enough that may or may not have happened. "details of his past are sketchy"

I talked to dan wallace about it(He did help write that article) and he said he did that on purpose to leave it still open to fit in the story later, but he first wants to make sure ep 3 doesn't trample on boba fett's EU events.

"(i haven't read the story but if Han, Luke, etc had seen him aboard that thing, wouldn't they have known he had survived the sarlacc during his initial fall in in ROTJ?"

Actually han thinks he died at the end of the story. As well, through technicalities he only fell in once. Second time was be grabbed then spit out like zorba the hut. 3rd time the crawler was all that fell in, fett could have just got out and walked away after he woke up. As well the story will be reprinted again in a full continuity reprint coming up next year. As well TOS lists it as being one of the events in boba fett's life.

12. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    2nd...
    "Failing that, mark them with an infinities label or make certain panels aprocphal"

Be careful what you wish for. LFL has the right to do just that, but who's to say they'll do it to only the things you happen to dislike and/or stop at only the things you dislike.

Better to leave the originals unmolested and quit with any ret-conning of continuity and/or canonicity, IMO.

Before you know it, you could blink and find that only Waru is canon if that's the thing which LFL happens to like at the point in time they're making stuff apocryphal. [face_plain]

13. Veng_Commando

Veng_Commando Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    I said this before I think... Of course the Jaster Mareel thingy!! I mean, a young Jango Fett? ugh...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.