main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which Figure would you like to see redone?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Tauntaun-Cider, Jun 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tauntaun-Cider

Tauntaun-Cider Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2002
    The Bespin Luke really improves on the last version Hasbro made. Which other figures do you reckon would benefit from a new sculpt?

I think Jedi Luke is a must, with changeable gloved hand and decent cloak.

2. ThePostman

ThePostman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    Agreed, Jedi Luke would be great, A good Jabba toy would be good too....

I am too concerned with seeing the first of a figure (Even Piell) to worry about resculpting....

But if they were to make a better Boba Fett, not that the last one is bad, but if they were to make it like Jango...I would enjoy that.

3. Mafia_Man

Mafia_Man Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2001
    Amen, Jango kicks some arse..

4. Darth Jamus

Darth Jamus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    I think that they need to re-do the Arena PAdme figure. I know that this is already a new figure, but Hasbro couldn't have done a worse job!

I agree that a "Jango like" Boba figure is needed. The last figure of Boba is fine, but a little too posed for my taste.

5. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    A new Jedi Luke is long overdue and one of the few resculpts I'd actually look forward to.

6. PatJedi82

PatJedi82 Ex-Mod star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 31, 2000
    I would love to see a new ANH Leia in the white dress. The POTF2 Leia looks that worse, it would be time to resculpting her!

7. Darth_Reign

Darth_Reign Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    I wan't to see awesome lifelike new sculpts of the following figures and I don't wan't any poo poo action features or battle poses. I wan't them like the Saga Royal Guards are. Standing up straight with good accesories.

TESB X-Wing Luke. With realistic sculpt and removable helmet. Comes with Grappling hook gun and Blue Lightsabre.

ROTJ Emperor Palpatine with Royal Guard like lightning accesories and walking stick.

TESB Yoda with gimerstick and cloth back pack.

ROTJ Luke without vest, with new detailed sculpt of his green lightsabre and handcuffs.
    His hands should be aticulated so they can fit in the cuffs and hold the sabre with both hands. They should also be able to have his arms at his sides.

ROTJ Darth Vader. A brand new regular ROTJ Darth Vader not in any lame pose but just standing tall with all the details to 100% and a plastic Cape that doesn't flow into the wind, but rather just sits there on his back like the Removable helmet Vader. He shold have arms that are articulated so he can hold his sabre in both hands and have them at his sides or on his belt in his usual pose.

8. PatJedi82

Aug 31, 2000
    A lot of wishes you have, Reign. But I agree with you that it's time that figures with lightsabres which they can hold them with both hands. It just looks ridicolous if you display them loose and they have to hold the lightsabre just in one hand.

9. lavjoricso

lavjoricso Force Ghost star 4

May 25, 2001
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Hasbro,

make an 'Old' Ben Kenobi with a head that looks like SAG.

Since '95 we have had the POTF2 Ben on ever card possible with the same head.The POTJ Ben was better but had the same head,and the 25th Anniversary Ben is good,but again has the same head.

would it kill you to try and sculpt a new head ?

please give it a try !!!

10. Darth_Dashit

Darth_Dashit Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    A new emperor would be good, as there are only about 2 different types available. A hohographic one would be good, as he appeare in ESB.

11. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    The first thing I thought of was Bib Fortuna. The 12" one looks great, but the 3 3/4" stinks. His head looks like it's floating, and his robe makes him look chubby. It's a horrible sculpt. The vintage one looks way better than the 90s one. Other than that, I would have said a Royal Guard with feet, but they've done that already.

12. mjskywalk

mjskywalk Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2001
    I wish they would find the vintage mold for Jabba the Hutt and use that instead of the chessy one with the slime. My vintage Jabba is one of my favorite creatures, but mine is missing his arms :-(

13. BucMan55

BucMan55 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    I've already mentioned tons of figs that I'd like to see overhauled. Most of them released a month or two ago:

Anakin, Obi-Wan, Mace Windu, Dooku... with their usual Jedi Garb, able to hold the saber with both hands....And Obi-Wan, Mace, and Anakin come with the Jedi Cloaks that can be removed...

14. dinoX

dinoX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 20, 2002
    EU: Redone version of Kyle Katarn.

OT: nothing i can think of yet

Prequels: Anakin Peasant Disguise...for the love of pete, no telescoping sabers. Ever. Again.

15. Crewman6

Crewman6 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2002
    We need a Jedi Luke with great articulation, as others have said.

We need definitive versions of the main characters with as much articulation as possible. Spare no expense. Give us some figures with RANGE.

Luke and Vader are musts.

We also need a new R5 D4 and a new Padme arena, as the current one BLOWS.

More versions of Imperial officers, too, with varying uniform styles and colors.

Please don't give us any more Mauls or Qui Gons. These guys only had ONE friggin' outfit (okay, two if you count with or without cloaks)...but we're getting dozens of redundant figs of these guys while languishing without a decent and versatile Jedi Luke.

16. DAKAI_SERAKI

DAKAI_SERAKI Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    a jango fett that's not hard to find and that's not *****.

17. Darth_Reign

Oct 7, 2001
    SERAKI You can't say that word on these boards mate. You'd be smart to edit it. :)

18. jlprime

jlprime Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2002
    I'd like to see them redo Han Solo Carbonite, the vintage one is one of my fav. figures. The POTF2 one just wasn't done that well IMO and I don't collect the playsets so I missed out on the ones that came with those.

19. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Personaly I don't think that Hasbro should ever do another ANH Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, Vader, Obi, or any Boba. They have nailed all of these figures and anything else they do would just cheapen the amazing sculpts of them that are out there.

Jedi Luke though...

In the modern era there have only been two sculpts of this figure. One with vest (with variations) and one with out (but he was a FX figure). Whats up wit dat? The final and most important scene in the entire SW saga and we only get one figure ?[face_plain]

I know it would be hard (if not impossible) but I want a 4" Jedi Luke with a fold out piece of white tunic (symbolizing his defeat of the Dark Side and Embrace of the "light") Most important scene in the Saga. Period.

20. Darth_Reign

Oct 7, 2001
    I agree Weezer. We already have great sculpts for every main character in ANH. However some of the ROTJ characters like Palpatine, Jedi Luke, Jabba, Bib Fortuna and Han Trenchcoat are long overdue for a resculpt.

Same goes for TESB with X-Wing Luke, Dagobah Luke, Hoth Luke and Han, Yoda, Admiral Piett, C3P0 and Snowtrooper.

21. lavjoricso

lavjoricso Force Ghost star 4

May 25, 2001
    To make a cool looking Anakin figure ,just take the Jedi robe of the Qui-Gon Jinn or Obi-Wan episode 1 figures.

I used Qui-Gon because it is a darker robe than Obi-Wan's,and more like Anakins.

Just put the robe on Hanger duel Anakin and then you have an Anakin figure that looks very good and complete.

Remember,Anakins robe doesn't have sleaves in,so the Qui-Gon robe looks very good on him.

If the crappy arm is doing your head in,swop it with another jedi and paint it to the same colour as Anakins outer robe.

and there you have,a complete and cool looking Anakin Skywalker !!!

22. PatJedi82

Aug 31, 2000
    The POTF2 Leia stinks! Just look at her.

Compare it to the POTJ Bespin Escape Leia.

If I see the POTJ Leia, I think Hasbro could make a damn good ANH one.

23. DAKAI_SERAKI

DAKAI_SERAKI Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    Sorry! some dude told me you could swear in this forum as long as you don't diss someone. I guess that dude was wrong. Sorry again!

24. JediCouncilBoy4

JediCouncilBoy4 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 20, 2001
    ok. Uncle Owen. I hat that figure. It's really ugly!!! I want to see a new Jabba. I saw him a couple years ago and never bought him. And I really want to see more imperial people that they made. Wasn't it Ozzel and Piett? I never got them!

25. Darth_Reign

Oct 7, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.