Saga Which film has your tone-of-preference?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by drg4, Sep 15, 2012.

Moderators: Darth_Nub, Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn
  1. ezekiel22x Chosen One

star 4
    Attack of the Clones, because of its shades of noir, melancholic interpersonal mood pieces, and spectacular space war action.
    obi-rob-kenobi4 likes this.
  2. sinkie Jedi Master

star 1
    ANH, the perfect mix of light and dark, of high-octane adventure and philosophical reflection all packaged in a solid story with confident visuals. For me it is impossible to appreciate the tone of a film without also being able to appreciate the entire package it comes with.
  3. Silas Tri Jedi Knight

star 1
    The Empire Strikes Back for me, has the best overall mood, pacing, etc. I like that it is darker than the others (with the exception of Revenge of the Sith). I think the pacing is just right and the humor is inserted in the perfect areas and not too little or too much. Also, there are not really any polarizing characters in this film to split the fan base and cause controversy (i.e. Jar Jar Binks, Ewoks, etc.). The notable new character additions to this film are Boba Fett, Yoda, and Lando Calrissian...need I say more?
  4. Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus

star 5
    The Empire Strikes Back. While A New Hope was what started it all, Empire defined the Saga and made it what it was. We had Jedi lore, we had great character development, we had great philosophy, great pacing, great action, great acting, great dialogue, etc. It’s not perfect, but it’s the best of the films for me and the one that rightly sets the tone for the entire film saga and beyond. I also think it's the darkest of the films (I can't take ROTS seriously), but still not too dark.

Even to this day, when people have a really great movie and then they want to make an evil better sequel, they go to The Empire Strikes Back for inspiration as to how to do that.
    Last edited by jedimasterbac, Oct 9, 2012
  5. Zer0 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    The Empire Strikes Back, it just has all the right things going for it to me.
  6. Jarren_Lee-Saber Force Ghost

star 4
    There is no deleted scene that I wish was n the final cut more than this one - and all the Padme's house scenes!
  7. Force Smuggler Chosen One

star 6
    A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back.
Moderators: Darth_Nub, Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn