main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which film have you seen the most? In theaters? On video? As special edition?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Latorski, Feb 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LittleGreenMaster

LittleGreenMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 2002
    I would say I've seen ESB the most PERIOD :D ANH a close 2nd ;)
    In The Theater it would be AOTC, Saw it 14 1/2 times!! :D Including 3 IMAX visits [face_mischief]
    And it's by far my Most watched DVD :D

Please don't ask about the half! :p OK, Ask if you really have to! [face_mischief]

2. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    I've seen AOTC the most on dvd, although I've watched "The Beginning" documentary on TPM dvd a lot as well.

3. GenMadine

GenMadine Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 7, 2002
    SW: Had a tape when I was little, so I watched it for years before it was officially released on tape. Simply do not know, watched this movie countless countless times. My first copy does not have Episode IV: A New Hope in the beginning. Cool, huh?

I was able to see it 12/31/91 in the theaters for the first time for a promotional screening demonstrating a new sound system for theaters called THX. Then I saw the parts I have been missing, aka, the day I fell in love with Widescreen. I always bought Widscreen whenever possible because of that.

The Special Edition: 3 times in the theaters.
    And I have watched this on tape since.

College we used to watch all three in a night, play the drinking game sometimes.
    TESB: Same thing, we had the tape, so again, watched the hell out of it. No idea how many times.

Special Edition: 2 times in the theaters

Again, own multile copies of these tapes, no idea how many times I watched it

ROTJ: Saw it in the original theater release 2 times, rerelease 1 time and Special Edition 1 time. On video, dudes, your guess is as good as mine

TPM: 8 times in the theaters in 1999, on videtape a good 6, I watched it in Spanish when I was in Spain in vacation (I do not speak Spanish. Themovie was better in parts because of it!) and on DVD I watched it another 5 I think. Do not really know.

AOTC: 4 times in the theaters, one time IMAX.
    Pieces on cable this month, here and there watch a few scenes. On DVD, 3 or 4 times now.
    On Cable, it is Pan and Scan - I have never seen TPM Pan and Scan, and after seeing scenesof AOTC that way, I never want to again. Wow, it is awhole different film. How did I watch the P&S versions of the OT so many times? Well, I did not know what I was missing.

When I got the Letterboxed set of the OT in high school - man, I watched those things like I had never seen them before.

Ok, I digress. Thanks for reading.

Madine out

4. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    ANH:
    original version, theaters: countless
    SE, theaters: 2

ESB:
    original version, theaters: 2
    SE, theaters: 2
    ROTJ:
    original version, theaters: 3
    SE, theaters: 1

TPM: 4 times in theaters

AOTC:
    original version, theaters: 3
    IMAX: 1 (but would have been more if the dvd hadn't come out so soon)

I've seen ANH the most on video, AOTC the most on dvd.

On Cable, it is Pan and Scan - I have never seen TPM Pan and Scan, and after seeing scenesof AOTC that way, I never want to again. Wow, it is awhole different film. How did I watch the P&S versions of the OT so many times? Well, I did not know what I was missing.

I know exactly what you mean. Everytime I watch pan and scan, all I notice is the fact that the ends are cut off.

5. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    I've seen the OT hundreds of times on video. I've seen TPM 15 times in theatres, countless times on video. I've seen AOTC the most at over 20 times in theatres (nearly 7 times consecutively on IMAX) and over 60 times on video, then dvd.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.