Discussion which film will have the honor of episode vii's first trailer

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Spoilers Allowed' started by Darth_Loudly, Jan 1, 2014.

?

well?

The Hobbit: There and Back Again 19 vote(s) 22.1%
The Avengers: Age of Ultron 44 vote(s) 51.2%
other marvel film 10 vote(s) 11.6%
other disney film (non-marvel) 8 vote(s) 9.3%
just another film period 5 vote(s) 5.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Loudly Jedi Padawan

I think the hobbit there and back again pretty much everybody now is churning out trailers for their highest anticipated films a year ahead hobbit-taba fits perfectly with this trend and is of course guaranteed to be 2014s biggest draw (ntm the thought of the combination makes me (to quote another lucas classic) "giddy as a schoolboy")
  2. Echo-07 Force Ghost

star 4
    When does Captain America Winter Soldier come out?
  3. Darth_Loudly Jedi Padawan

This April
    Last edited by Darth_Loudly, Jan 1, 2014
    Echo-07 and Immortiss like this.
  4. GGrievous Chosen One

star 5
    There and Back Again will be released in 2014. I doubt they would release it one year from the official release, but I guess it somewhat makes sense.
    Last edited by GGrievous, Jan 1, 2014
  5. Darth Chiznuk PT Trivia Master / Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    I think it's most likely Age of Ultron. Using one of your biggest franchises to promote the other just makes sense to me.
  6. Darth_Loudly Jedi Padawan

7. Darth_Loudly Jedi Padawan

Another way to do the year in advance trip would be the night at the museum sequel its distributed by fox they could see that as either throwing the a bone or rubbing it in but i still think the likely ones are hobbit if they want to keep with this recent trend of putting it out a year ahead or ultron if they dont
  8. Big Bad Yoda Daddy Chosen One

star 4
    This.
    Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  9. Dark-Vador1138 Force Ghost

star 3
    so theatrical trailer in august or september? you guys?
  10. Darth_Loudly Jedi Padawan

Person who voted other disney film (non-marvel) just curious r u thinking of one in particular? If so . What?
  11. Han Burgundy Force Ghost

star 3
    I'm guessing another Disney film, released between December and next March. We'll get a brief teaser trailer. It won't show much. It will be more like an announcement than an actual trailer. It could be attached to Hobbit, but I have a feeling Disney will keep their promotion in-studio.

For Avengers: Age of Ultron, we'll get the big, full length trailer. One with all the moneyshots and possibly a spoiler or two. I agree that Disney will take advantage of the huge crowds showing up for Avengers. It's just a no-brainer.
    Last edited by Han Burgundy, Jan 1, 2014
  12. Darth_Loudly Jedi Padawan

Yeah i see where ur going as i said the main reason im guessing hobbit is everyone seems to be doing teasers for their event films a year in advance these days
  13. SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I think it will be The Hobbit, The Avengers: Age of Ultron, or possibly both.
  14. Darth_Loudly Jedi Padawan

Perhaps an announcement trailer with hobbit and a bit more footage with avengers?
  15. TheBBP Chosen One

star 5
    Guardians of the Galaxy seems like a prime audience for a teaser.
    Last edited by TheBBP, Jan 1, 2014
    ScorpionJedi and danmcken like this.
  16. Darth_Loudly Jedi Padawan

Eh.....thats about a year and a half ahead though that could be pushing it
  17. Reveen Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    The remake of Salo/120 Days of Sodom.
  18. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 7
    It'll be Cinderella or Tomorrowland. My money is on Tomorrowland.
  19. Han Burgundy Force Ghost

star 3
    Tommorowland would be a great fit, but it's not coming out till late May. I'm not sure they'd wait that long to release a teaser trailer. Cinderella is a fine prospect, though. March 13 is 9 months from release, which is a pretty standard window for releasing teaser trailers to major films like this. And considering the director and cast, it seems they're going for a more epic/fantasy version of the story, which means the audience demographic would fit well enough.
  20. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 7
    Well my feelings for Tomorrowland is more of the first full trailer we will get.
  21. Darth_Loudly Jedi Padawan

There going to want to attatch it to a surefire draw though i dont expect much intrest in the umpteenth version of Cinderella on the other hand they could use it to draw more to tomorrowland as it could compliment it anyway but if its going to be a may film i bet ultron would be the safer bet
  22. chris hayes Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Age of Ultron is the best guess cause you got the Disney tie in however they could surprise us with a teaser in front of There & back again......
  23. plaidphoenix Force Ghost

star 4
    I predict that Disney will release the first trailer on it's own and charge people $10 a pop just to watch it.
  24. danmcken Force Ghost

star 3
    +1 Guardians of the Galaxy was my first thought fits like a glove
  25. Revanfan1 Chosen One

star 6
    Probably AOU but I'm hoping for TABA.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.