main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST which film will have the honor of episode vii's first trailer

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Loudly, Jan 1, 2014.

?

well?

1. The Hobbit: There and Back Again

22.1%
  2. The Avengers: Age of Ultron

51.2%
  3. other marvel film

11.6%
  4. other disney film (non-marvel)

9.3%
  5. just another film period

5.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markdeez33

markdeez33 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2013
    I'd rather see it on Youtube, don't think I wanna pay $7.50-$9.50 to see a trailer and walk out lol

2. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    I still don't think Age of Ultron is the best choice for a full trailer - the gap between May 1, 2015 and December 18, 2015 is just too long for May 1 to be when they drop the big one. Unless they do what it seems like a lot of studios have been doing recently and release two full theatrical trailers. But if it's just one, I'd expect it to be later into the year than May.

Mystery Roach likes this.
  3. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    I don't see any chance whatsoever they only have 1 E7 trailer, so Avengers 2 would be the perfect time to drop the teaser trailer (and these days, teaser trailers are indistinguishable from the regular trailers).

E1 gave a full trailer 6 months in advance and then another one 3 months in advance, so the timing of Avengers would really not deviate much from that same schedule.
    Ya, nothing would be dumber than attaching a Star Wars trailer to the sequel of the biggest movie this decade.

Wait, whuh--??!?

4. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Probably this, I don't go to the movies enough solely for a trailer. As much as I love dropping $9 for them.

5. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    If it's in front of a film I want to see, I'll fork out the money. Otherwise I can deal watching it in HD on my computer. :p

6. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    Yeah, this isn't 1996 where all we had was dial-up and low resolution video files that were a pain to download. I remember it took an entire day to download the SE trailer that ran before ID4. If I can see the Episode VII trailer online I will take that option over going to a movie I don't particularly care about.

7. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    The only time I've gone to movies just to see trailers were Monsters, Inc. and Ice Age. The buildup to Episode II was probably the acme of my fandom. I ended up staying for Ice Age but not Monsters, Inc. Probably should have gone the other way around but I left it as a last minute call depending on my mood in both cases.

bstnsx704 likes this.
  8. markdeez

markdeez Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2005
    The Hobbit

9. Palpatine77

Palpatine77 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 28, 2010
    Avengers 2 seems like the perfect way to launch the first full-length trailer for Ep. 7. Avengers 2 is already set up to be the event film of summer 2015 to begin with, attaching the Star Wars trailer would maximize the hype to full potential, for both properties. The word "synergy" comes to mind here for Disney. I would bet my bottom dollar this has already been discussed at Disney as the ideal way to reveal the first trailer.

Abadacus likes this.
  10. Vicious Jedi

Vicious Jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Teaser trailer with The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies. Full trailer, I'm not sure.

11. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I wouldn't be surprised to see very short teaser ahead of guardians of the galaxy, considering that it is Disney… it doesn't come out until August. it's a little over a year and a half before the release of the film, but they will have been filming for a few months by that point. Nowadays, studios release a short teaser trailer a year or more before the releases-for a big blockbuster movie it has become an increasingly common thing over the years-now it's pretty much the norm. I expect to maybe see at least a short teaser with guardians of the galaxy – if not then, then definitely with whatever Disney movie is released at the end of the year for sure. I suppose The Hobbit: the Battle of the Five Armies may have a trailer as well, but I'm absolutely sure we will see a teaser trailer by December-possibly even a full 2 1/2 minute trailer...

12. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008

Releasing a full 2 1/2 minute trailer this December would be a nightmare for Disney - how do you sustain anticipation for a film when you've already handed out the full trailer a year before it's released? A lot of films get two full theatrical trailers nowadays, which is what I expect to see happen here, but the more likely scenario is one early summer 2015 and then another one in the fall of 2015, with a teaser at some point around this December. If they release a full trailer this December, they'd likely have to find a way to make two more full trailers to release throughout 2015 to sustain anticipation before the film's release.

Palpatine77 likes this.
  13. DIrishB

DIrishB Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 29, 2014
    Avengers - Age of Ultron will get the full official trailer attached in the previews. The Hobbit - Battle of the Five Armies may get a teaser trailer, but Avengers 2 will definitely get the full trailer reveal. As has been stated, it's a guaranteed huge financial hit, and will have a huge audience, and it just makes sense for Disney to promote Episode VII with their current biggest box office draw. The Hobbit will do well, but it's unlikely to beat Avengers 2.

14. -Redacted-

-Redacted- Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 2, 2013
    I wouldn't be shocked to see a trailer in front of Hobbit this December, a short minute to minute 15 teaser a year out from release it makes since, and then a full trailer with avengers, and probably another around September, October.

15. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003

...Oh, I am SURE anticipation will be sustained without a problem. Especially if we still have a year to wait. It's Star Wars.... ;)

Look at X-Men Days of Future Past! They are promoting the H. E. double hockey sticks out of that movie, releasing more trailers than AOTC, and even clips online (not to mention a clip arbitrarily inserted into the end credits for Amazing Spider Man 2, as I just saw). The product pushing and clip showing is literally shoving X-Men in everyone's faces-and whether it comes out in a few weeks or not, it doesn't seem like anyone is less excited to see it! Quite the opposite. If SW releases a full trailer in December, and then nothing for several months, I'd imagine anticipation would be brimming until Disney finally releases something else months down the road. That happened with The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey-they released a 2:30 trailer a full year before, then nothing till that next summer. By then, people were dying to get another taste.

As for SW, it was just wishful thinking...Besides-I didn't say it would definitely be that long-but I'm sure we'll get something by December-that was my real point: the whole "trailer a year in advance" thing. And I'd bet it would be more than just a quick 20 second tease...

...Or at least I'd HOPE... [face_whistling]

Abadacus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.