main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which future system are you the most excited to see

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Darkside_Princess, Mar 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkside_Princess

Darkside_Princess Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2003
  2. Darkside_Princess

Darkside_Princess Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2003
    I know its early for this topic but thought I would throw it in here. I'm not sure if Nintendo is going to make another system but added it to the poll just in case. Does anyone have any specs on these future systems?

3. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    I heard of the things that Sony wants to do with the PS3...so that, coupled with the fact that I have not had the urge to get the X-Box...something I can get at a later date.

And the Nintendo, if I heard correctly will have another system...I would take that over a Bill Gates product first.

4. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    I'm interested in all the future offerings, but I voted for the "nextBox", or whatever, due to the fact that the majority of the games I enjoy most right now are on the Xbox.

BTW---I hope to Hell the names of the new systems aren't just adding another digit to the pre-existing names. I thought 'Playstation 2' was a lame name, and I'd hate to see a 3 added to PS, or a '2' added to Xbox. :(

5. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    Way to early to tell. I go by the technology of said console and software, not by name brand. Last generation the best of the lot was the PSX the generation before that was the SuperNES. This generation the Xbox is the best of the bunch but Microsoft might drop the ball next generation. Untill I see the specs and the firstwave of games I couldn't care less about any of the upcoming consoles or their respective companies. You'll end up getting burned if you put your faith in namebrand, I know I'm still smarting from the N64.

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

6. Verry

Verry Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 27, 2002
    If nintendo has a system? Oh, that hurst. Definately Nintendo. It's not the namebrand of the system, it's the garunteed games that they put out. But I'll most likely have multiple systems anyway.

7. Gingers_Ninja

Gingers_Ninja Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2003
    I know it's probably because I'm getting older and tireder, but I just don't see all the point in all this Console vs. Console warfare.
    I mean, all of the games released that anyone really cares about end up getting ported to the PC, from the PC (or in Halo's case, the beloved Mac) or onto just about all other consoles.

Why can't we go back to the era when console gaming was a simple 4 button affair, life was sweet back then.

8. DarkWoman

DarkWoman Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Future Gameboys... Unless I get rich, it's about the only console I'd actually buy, because you can take it anywhere. :)

9. TIE1138

TIE1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2002
    I'm definately sticking with the big N, not just because I know it will be a quality machine, but Nintendo puts even more quality into their games.

10. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    I'm not sure which system I'll get next. It all depends on the games and specs.

11. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    I grew up with Nintendo ever since I was 4. I trust that company as I grew older. They put quality into their works and made things fun. Today they still doing just that and I will get the next Nintendo Console when it comes out.

12. Auraveda

Auraveda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2001
    No company has my unconditional loyalty. I'll see what the concoles and games look like when they come out and buy accordingly.

The only console I'm excited about at the moment is the Gameboy Advance SP. That comes out, what, tomorrow?

13. Miin_Bodenna

Miin_Bodenna Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 7, 2002
    No clue.

Whicherver one has the best goodies/games and the price.

14. TIE1138

Apr 3, 2002
    "The only console I'm excited about at the moment is the Gameboy Advance SP. That comes out, what, tomorrow?"

The official release is on Sunday, the 23rd, but some major retailers have been given the green light by the big N to open the flood gates as soon as the units are recieved while others have recieved/ing as little as 6 units during the first shipment. So depending on where you are, the GBA SP is already out.

15. dark_jedi_desann

dark_jedi_desann Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2003
    gamecube 2 coming out 2005 to go to war with the ps3. looks promising

and personally i've always been a great nintendo fan

16. Auraveda

Auraveda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2001
    Ah, thanks for the info TIE1138!

17. TIE1138

Apr 3, 2002
    Sure thing :)

18. ShaneBarnes1982

ShaneBarnes1982 Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2003
    "gamecube 2 coming out 2005 to go to war with the ps3. looks promising "

Ummmmm... where did you here this?? I certainly don't think so... 2006 maybe, but not 05

19. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    I would probably say Nintendo and or PS3

20. Soulwalker

Soulwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2003
    PlayStation 3, although I won't touch one until at least a year after it's been released, because my pocket will have a large, smoking hole in it if I buy it when it comes out. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.