main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Which Halo game is your favorite?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by AstroDroid88, Feb 20, 2016.

?

Which Halo game is your favorite?

1. Halo 1

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. Halo 2

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  3. Halo 3

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. Halo 3: ODST

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. Halo Wars

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Halo Reach

6 vote(s)
    42.9%
  7. Halo 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Halo 5: Guardians

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  9. Halo 1 CEA

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Halo 2 Anniversary

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. AstroDroid88

AstroDroid88 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2016
    Hey guys, which Halo game of the series is your favorite?

The list includes:
    Halo 1
    Halo 2
    Halo 3
    Halo 3: ODST
    Halo Wars
    Halo: Reach
    Halo 4
    Halo 5: Guardians
    Halo 1 CEA
    Halo 2 Anniversary

I think my favorite out of all of them is Halo 4, although I have been enjoying Guardians right now and I also did really like Halo 2 (both editions)

2. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Halo Reach for me. The campaign and multiplayer were just perfect for me. I spent a lot of time on the multiplayer last year.

Deliveranze likes this.
  3. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Tough. Halo 2 is my favorite gameplay in all of them but Halo Reach was also a standout for its great campaign.

In the end, I have to go with Halo 2...

4. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Halo 2. The Arbiter segments were unique imo.

Deliveranze and TX-20 like this.
  5. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    I clicked the wqrong one, meant to click Halo Wars, clicked ODST. Hated ODST, jsut for thre record.

Tie between Halo 2 and Halo Wars. Halo 2's campaign was the series highpoint i think, but damn i love me some Halo Wars online. Probably the second most enjoyable online game i've ever played.

Deliveranze and Ezio Skywalker like this.
  6. AstroDroid88

AstroDroid88 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2016
    ZanderSolo Don't ya hate it when that happens?

7. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    Overall in terms of a compete package, I am going with Halo 3.
    • Varied Campaign
    • Improved Co-op
    • Stellar Matchmaking
    • Improved Custom Games
    • Inclusion of Forge
    • Theater Mode
    I think Halo: Reach added enough innovation for the series, but Halo 3 was just amazing when it came out.

8. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013

I think I have to agree with you (never played ODST though). Halo 2 had one of the most interesting FPS campaigns I've ever played. Plus the soundtrack was great. Halo Wars, on the other hand, provided a truly unique and enjoyable online experience that has yet to be seen again over console, I think. A very bold and efficient attempt at bringing RTS to console, and it was truly fun.

9. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Halo 2 is the only game in the series (apart from the mobile ones) I haven't played. A lot of people say it's the best in the series though. I don't think it will beat Reach as my favourite but I still want to play it. Might get the Master Chief Collection to play it.

10. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    It is definitely a toss up between Halo 3 and Halo 3: ODST, though there was a time I probably would have also included Halo 4 in that conversation. Halo 3: ODST was my formal introduction to Halo, despite having briefly played Halo 3 the day after it was released. Halo 3: ODST had the great formula of the perfect voice cast and opening crawl to get my attention. Halo 3 just didn't get a proper chance at the time, because at the time I didn't have an Xbox 360, so I only ended up briefly playing Sierra 117 after school on a projector and dying very quickly. Halo 3 finally got a proper chance after I ended up with an Xbox 360 and Halo 3: ODST, and I wasn't disappointed once I got to properly play Halo 3.

Halo 4 is great, but with only a campaign and some poor decisions made on the multiplayer/replayability front, it just doesn't live up to the others anymore. I want to like Halo: Reach, but the almost complete reliance on the DMR just doesn't work. Halo, specifically Halo: Anniversary, is excellent, though ultimately has flawed weapon balance that was only properly fixed with Halo 3. Halo Wars is a solid RTS on console with excellent cinematics, but my inability to Gold the final level of the campaign, Escape, and general ineffectiveness with the Covenant heroes makes me not play it with any frequency. I missed the boat on Halo 2, though I hope to remedy that at some point, but I don't think the difficulty will allow me to put it on the same level as Halo 3 and Halo 3: ODST. I think the direction 343i took things with Halo 4 blew up in their face with Halo 5.

11. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Halo is the easy answer for me. So many great levels and a great story.

So I pick Halo 3. Save for the legendary multiplayer, Halo 2 just just didn't do it for me, campaign wise.

Halo 3 restored much of what I liked about Halo. Most of the missions were fun, save for the opening one and the horrid Flood ship one, the story was great, and the gameplay was great. Plus another great mulitplayer.

Reach had good MP, but was just okay campaign wise. Halo 4 was boring, and I think took the series in the wrong direction going by what happens in Halo 5. Which I did not play, and was the first Halo game I didn't even bother with.

12. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    The one where you fight in a technicolored suit.

13. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I'd say a tie between Halo 2 Anniversary and Halo 3. H2A looks, sounds and plays simply spectacular. Halo 3 is probably, IMO, Halo at it's finest, both in single player and MP. Everything that followed after is a shade of what made that series great.