main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Which has been your most disappointing moment in the movies?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by GeneralKitFisto, Feb 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Maul Apprentice

Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2014
    Yeah, I hope so. I wasn't trying to be mean spirited. Hopefully that came across.

2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Anakin and Obi-Wan only having 30 seconds of interaction (if that) in TPM.

3. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    The most disappointing thing for me was Natalie Portman didn't marry me after AOTC.

No, but actually, that the Slave Leia scenes didn't last longer. And I mean that. That was my biggest gripe before I came here and saw all the nitpicking that goes on here :p

4. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Plenty to choose from, mind you for every 1 bad thing there are 50 awesome things.

If I had to pick just one it would be Padme's line "to be angry is to be human". This pathetic trite cliche of a quote delivered to someone who just told you that he massacred an entire camp full of women & children! Worst line of the Saga IMO & the possibly biggest under reaction of all time. Someone should make a youtube sketch where Padme says this to the worst people in history confessing their crimes.

Jack the Ripper: "I murdered a dozen prostitutes"
    Padme: "Well to be angry is to be human"

Hitler: "I orchestrated the Holocaust"
    Padme: "Well to be angry is to be human"

Yanksfan and Sarge like this.
  5. Merkual

Merkual Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2013
    If I had to pick just one it would be Padme's line "to be angry is to be human".
    ---------

I thought this was just me, but I can't stand that line either

and your examples are perfect

it's made worse by her reaction in ROTS where she is sickened to hear he killed younglings

Obi: I saw a security hologram of him killing younglings..

Padme: to be angry is---no wai!!! Jedi younglings? well that's different, you're wrong!

at least in AOTC we could reason it out that Padme is just as sociopathic as Palpatine, but nope she just ends up being an elitist snob

imo

Darth_Downunder likes this.
  6. Katarn's Beard

Katarn's Beard Jedi Knight

Jan 21, 2014
    Jar-Jar's poop jokes.

7. scooper121s

scooper121s Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 4, 2014
    The fact that they killed off both Maul and Qui-Gon in a single movie!

Gripes me much, this does!

8. Padawan Fangirl

Padawan Fangirl Jedi Padawan star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    Basically the misuse of characters like Qui-Gon, Maul, Dooku(especially with an actor like Sir Christopher Lee), and Jango is very disappointing. Granted, they have very interesting stories in the EU, but if you only watch the movies, it doesn't tell you much about them.
    Of course, the Order 66 scene is very heartbreaking, but it also makes the Jedi look weak. The masters that went to confront Sidious, aside from Windu, could have at least tried to fight. Everyone else looked helpless. Most barely had enough time to say "Oh, ****!", especially in the cases of Stass Allie(speeder bike shot down by troopers) and Barriss Offee(shot by a walker).
    Anakin and Padmé could have had better dialogue.

Sent from my stupid little astro droid using TapaTalk 2.

9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  10. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    When I walked out of the theater after first seeing The Phantom Menace, a part of me felt a sort of dark heaviness in my chest, that it was over, that my love for SW was now being usurped as well as a sadness that I would no longer would feel a connection to the Saga.

Thankfully, after repeated viewings of the PT, and especially ROTS, my love for SW was rekindled. It seems that I had needed some time to overcome my own reactions to the expectations that I had had, as well as to be a little more mature to see and accept what the 6 Movies were trying to say and accomplish as a whole.

11. TheDarkLordess

TheDarkLordess Jedi Padawan star 3

Jun 5, 2013
    When Darth Vader dies. It messes me up every time. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.