main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Which Icon Should We Adopt?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Luke_Starkiller, Feb 23, 2002.

?

Which Icon Should We Adopt?

Poll closed Mar 5, 2002.
  1. Rebel Insignia with watermarked flag

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  2. Flag as Rebel Insignia, transparent background

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Flag as Rebel Insignia, dark background

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Raven with Crossed Sabres

9 vote(s)
    69.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luke_Starkiller

Luke_Starkiller Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
  2. Luke_Starkiller

Luke_Starkiller Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
  3. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I think I'm gonna have to go with the Raven icon. I'd actually like to see another icon made for comparison that has the other Raven head - the slender one looking to the right.

4. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    I still really like the watermarked flag...

5. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Hello !

Isbeth PMed me, and gave me a link to this. I made some icons for the JC (you can check them here), and she asked me what I thought of this.

So, I really like the Raven one, and think it's a great icon. The only thing I'd change if I were you it the black text. I'd rather but a white or light grey instead of black, and remove the yellow haze around it. It'd be more visible. Otherwise, I think you should leave it that way.

If you need tips about making an icon, check my iconmaking tutorial.

6. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    I don't know about anyone else, but I don't think we should connect ourselves directly to the Baltimore Ravens.

I chose a dark blue rebel insignia to silently reflect our Baltimore roots, just so that we weren't using any trademarks. It may not be illegal to use it, but I'd rather be on the safe side.

Also, its a neutral insignia, so that our West Virginia companion as well as any DC or Virginian-ites that maybe among our ranks aren't slighted or won't hesitate to make use of it.

To be more neutral, we could remove the Maryland flag from the background and employ a solid color?

Any feelings on this?

7. Eva_Pilot04

Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Knight star 7

Nov 15, 2001
    I think the raven icon with the rebel insignia in its place would look good. (Although I'm pro-Empire, I'll go along with it. ;))

I'm more or less neutral on the maryland flag background though. I'd be happy with it either way.

8. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I think that besides MD crabs, the Ravens logo is the most identifiable feature of Baltimore. But for obvious reasons for which we'll get brutally teased, let's avoid crabs on our icons. 8-}

9. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Let's avoid "crabs" PERIOD. ;)

10. Lolipon

Lolipon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 28, 1999
    Oh yeah, I updated my page with a few variations on my icon. I also made one using the skyline, but I think it's missing something...
    Link to the page

11. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Nice work Lolipon! Xizor was right, the white charm city looks better than the black, you are terrific.

12. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Hey Isbeth, I think Ill join. I hate the Ravens personally, lets try a Terps icon?

13. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I like the icon without the raven. The one with the rebel insignia and sabers behind it is nice. I think we should keep away from ravens, terps, orioles or whatever mascot.

14. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    Mogook, I'm with you, I like the Bills and my little buddy Chissdude, he likes them too, if I have the Ravens on it, I might feel like I am a traitor or something. What would Face think of me! [face_shocked]

15. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    I would think pitty on you

16. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    Chissdude, use English on the Charm City boards, man. People here don't speak Chiss and the Babel Fish won't translate Chiss for you.

17. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    How about Booche, or maybe Huttese or Exokess. Sorry folks, Im a notoriously bad speller.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.