main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which is better: Light Side or Dark Side?????

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Lord_Rema, Sep 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Rema

Lord_Rema Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2003
    This thread has most likely been done before but oh well. Explain which side you think is better and why. Personally i think the Dark Side because you arent holding any of your power back, you using the full Force. The weak Jedi are "protecting" themselves from the "evil" of the darkside. They are just cowards, and so were the Jedi Masters who discovered the dark side. They didnt understand it and were threatened by those who understood what the know-it-alls didnt. So they made it "evil". Some might say that the Dark Side corrupts, but the force doesnt corrupt, just the person who uses it. Also, using the dark side is soooooo much easier. In all the NJO books the jedi are ALWAYS fighting over "is this how we are supose to use the force?" "How can we fight yet still be passive?" All these questions slowed their response and look now. YUUZHAN VONG EVERYWHERE!!! Now if the sith were around (so the Galactic Empire still full power) the Yuuzhan vong would be target practice for Imperial Recruits. The dark side allows you not to question, but to use. So i guess it is kind of evil. ;)

2. SkyeLightrider

SkyeLightrider Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 12, 2003
    Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

In terms of power, the dark side is the winner. You can throw Force lightning!

But then, the lightsiders always seem to win...

3. Iron_Fist

Iron_Fist Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2003
    Welcome to the boards!

The dark side is faster, easier to master, as Yoda says, but there is a cost. It eats away at you (a la Palpatine ROTJ). The light side, despite being more difficult to master, is the better in the long run.

4. A-WingsRule

A-WingsRule Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    Well, I say neither. Walk the gray area in between, like Kyle Katarn. That way, you get all the cool dark powers without being all old and crinkly or getting toothrot! :D

~Clear skies

5. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    Yes, walk in the gray area in between, as wise A-wingsRule has told you. Light side is cool to...I wonder if it's possible to be a Light Sider, but still through Force Lightening...I mean...you could be channeling from the weather...

Right...back on topic.

Reason not to join the Dark Side: two words- dried prunes

6. Lord_Rema

Lord_Rema Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2003
    That is the one major problem with the Dark Side. You rapidly decay, but if you like palpatine and Clone your body, all you need to do is move your brain and you have a perfect body to use for the next couple months. Yes, it might be difficult and annoying to change bodies that much, but hey i think i would do it to have the full power of the force behind me. :D

7. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    I better be careful on how I go about saying this, as I am a Lightsider 8-} .

However, I like the darkside as well, cause its cool! Just don't tell my master that! [face_laugh]

8. DarthLazious

DarthLazious Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    The Darkside.
    Why you ask? Well it is the quickest path and the most easy to fellow.

9. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    Too true DarthLazious... 8-}

10. alpha_red

alpha_red Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 24, 2003
    I think, overall, the Light Side is better. Come play me on JK2 or JK3 if you think I'm wrong. I'll slaughter you in the name of justice.

But seriously.

Kyle Katarn did sort of tread the gray area, but ultimately, it's not the powers themselves that corrupt. It's how you use them. Power does corrupt, but Light Jedi can harness the full power of the Force. Anakin Solo, for example. When he became one with the Force, right before he died, he could have walked all over Palps and pissed on his grave.

Not only that, Kyle was much happier on the Light Side than the Dark. When he was dark, he tried to kill Mara Jade, but his own emotions rebelled against his dark power. He was torn apart. He couldn't kill his friends. As a Light Jedi, he has a beautiful lover and companion in Jan Ors, a happy life (sorta), and lots of friends. No dark sider has true friends.

11. Capt_Piett

Capt_Piett Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2002
    The dark side may make you look ugly. But I remember reading somewhere that Palpatine was not decrepid, far from it. The "old man" thing was an act so assasins would underestimate him.

Light side is not very good. It takes a long time to master and you have to be nice and good all the time.

My choice is:
    Dark Side. Evil always will prevail because it is easy to master and gives you more power!

12. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    The Dark Side by far nuf seid

13. alpha_red

Aug 24, 2003
    There's this misconception that the Dark Side gives you more power. Someone want to back this up with fact?

14. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    The Dark Side doesn't give anyone more power. As Luke learned in ESB when he queried Yoda:

"Is the Dark Side stronger?"

"No. Quicker, easier to learn"

*sorry, I don't recall the exact line, but that's the gist*

Give me the Light Side. Yes it involves sacrifice and years of training, but in the end, it's worth it. :)

15. Lord_Rema

Lord_Rema Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2003
    Alpha Red you is young. For one i have met many of your kind in jk2 and jk3 and have come out victorious each time. You will fall, if you fight me. Anywhoo. You say that the light siders can use the full power of the force? And i agree with your example as well. But you see, they only become one with the force and use it completely before they die! YIPPY I CAN USE THE FULL POWER OF THE FORCE FOR LESS THAN A MINUTE. OH YEAH! While the lightsiders can have power for less than a minute, dark siders can use the full power of the force their entire lives! And your example of Kyle Katarn, was weak. For one he like the light side because he didnt want power. Also, he didnt kill Mara because he was a FALLEN jedi. Fallen Jedi are weak. In almost every example of fallen Jedi they either die or go back to the light side. Also, dark siders dont need "friends". Companions only provide something for your enemies to use against you. The only friend a dark sider needs is his power and lightsaber.

16. Lord_Rema

Lord_Rema Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2003
    Well the dark side is stronger because of what a certain Jedi Master said. If you havent read Traitor dont read beyond this.

Vergere said that there is no light side and no dark side. So technically this thread is pointless. She also said that the "light side" ppl blocked themselves from using the full power of the force, while the "dark side" ppl use the full power of the force. Vergere used the full power of the force and wasnt evil. Only the way you used the full power determines if it is evil or not. And Master Yoda was an old fool. And seriously do you think that Yoda would have said "Oh yeah, the dark side is much more powerful, and much easier to learn as well". I highly doubt it. He also explore alot in the unknowns of the force. Yoda said that because he didnt want to see luke turn into his father. That simple

17. WarmasterDan

WarmasterDan Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 3, 2002
    the force sucks. I go with the Yuuzhan Vong side.

18. alpha_red

Aug 24, 2003
    I can't tell you how many dark siders I've sent crying back to mommy. I guarantee you a swift and painful death if you raise your sword against me.

Gee, with that kind of an attitude, I'd make a good dark sider.

Dark Siders DO NOT use the full power of the Force, no matter what they claim to be able to do. If Palps could use the full power of the Force, he wouldn't have had his Force storm turned on him by Luke and Leia in Dark Empire. But you're right about Vergere and what she said. It's how you use the power that matters, not which powers you use. But, overall, I think Light Force powers are more effective than Dark Force powers.

Psychologically, it has to get lonely being a dark sider. You aren't really happy. I not only challenge the usefulness of dark powers, I challenge the usefulness of the dark path. With the light side, compassion, justice, and honor are both endeavors and rewards. The dark side has nothing to earn--it leads to a certain end.

And Yoda was hardly an old fool. He knew what would happen if Luke turned out to be like his father. That's why he said that. Not only that, one only needs to watch AOTC once to get the impression of how much of a NON-fool Yoda was.

And the Force doesn't suck.

19. Lord_Elos

Lord_Elos Jedi Youngling

Sep 21, 2003
    Ha..... are you trying to tell us yoda was powerful. In AOTC he could barely stop a tiny pillar from crushing the weaklings Obi Wan and Annie. He had to STRUGGLE to stop it from falling. What a weak fool he was. And it was a STRUGGLE for him to fight a fallen old weak Jedi. The "most powerful Jedi Master" couldnt beat an old weak Fallen Jedi. Pathetic. The Jedi are weak fools who can only be dealt with in one way: A lightsaber in the chest. If you support Jedi you support weaklings. It just that simple. PS. Palpatine was a good Man.

20. Lord_Rema

Lord_Rema Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2003
    Heh, you speak like a dark sider yet act like a jedi.....interesting. Still, you will bow to me in the end.

Anyways. Palpatine was a weak fool! Yes he was strong back in da day but then he was weak. Also, luke and leia are both offspring of the MOST powerful force user ever. So together of course they can take out anyone. Oh and yes. We have little duel. You can use weak jedi powers and i will fry you with lightning and throw you off a cliff with grip.

And about getting lonely. NAH! Oh, no it is only me and my apprentice. But wait, i just slaughtered hundreds of jedi and am now ruler of the galaxy. Im so sad.... The rewards of the Dark Siders are much like the jedi, just in a different kind of way. They want justice and order. They have SOME honor, and in the end, they have the satisfaction of having killed light siders and ruling over the galaxy. What do light siders get? They get to feel all nice in warm inside. Awwwwwww how nice.

LOL. And then yoda. LOL Yoda was made out to be this big strong dude, when in fact he could barely lift a stone pillar. I agree with Elos totally. Also, he couldnt even sense a SITH LORD when he was standing right in front of him. That just shows you the dark side is stronger than the light side. Finally, in ESB, he had lost his mind and was a crazy hold hermit. He was living alone for like 40 years. He had lost whatever shred of glory he once had. Yoda might have been a "good guy" but he was truthfully just a weak old jedi.

21. alpha_red

Aug 24, 2003
    Two words, Rema: Force Absorb.

Counter that.

And Yoda had been fighting for a while before he had to lift the pillar. Jedi get tired. So do Dark Siders, before you say anything.

22. Lord_Elos

Lord_Elos Jedi Youngling

Sep 21, 2003
    Yes Rema I agree with you... it is truly sad that Yoda "the most powerful jedi ever" could not sense a SITH LORD that was in the same room as him. That is just SAD. He was working for Palpatine the entire time, and yet didnt realize that he was a Sith Lord. Heck, Count Dooku even told Obi Wan that the Senate was in control of the Sith. And Obi Wan TOLD Yoda and Mace Windu. MMMM who is in control of the SENATE. I wonder... could it be PALPATINE? OMG what fools. They dont even consider palpatine. Pathetic. Weak. They need to die.

23. Lord_Elos

Lord_Elos Jedi Youngling

Sep 21, 2003
    Alpha Red... how does a nice Lighsaber in the chest sound will you go ahead and use ur pathetic force absorb. You will bow before me.

24. Lord_Rema

Lord_Rema Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2003
    I see that we are evenly matched in Force Strength then. A Saber duel it is.\

And yes they do get tired, but LONGGGGG after light siders do.

25. Skystrider77

Skystrider77 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 6, 2003
    well there is a good force lightening just so ya know, but lucas himself said the dark side is more powerful, but it destroys itself out of the greed for more power, its alos easier this was said by lucas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.